You can type here any text you want

Xfi ?????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sam Colalillo

low 9's w/ a 109
Questions about new FAST system.
· Does it hook directly up to your laptop using a USB port or is it still an outdated serial port?
· How many people are currently running it on Turbo Buicks?
· Those that are using it, do you like it, is it a big improvement?
· I read the article in HoTRod and I think it is going to be awesome!
· From what I understand the user interface is virtually identical, so if you’re currently accustomed to tuning the fast system you wont have to relearn it, correct?
· Who has got the plug and play harnesses ready for the install to go smooth, and is anyone using them?
· I understand the price is going to be around 2100.00 dollars, is this a complete system including: plug and play harnesses, wide band O2, 4 bar map sensor.
· What is current word on when it will be available to their customers

I'll try to help answer.....

Here are a few answers:

Still an outdated serial port?:(

Only know of 2 turbo Buicks using "production" boxes, Otto and myself.

The additional data inputs and more user friendly operation are the main advantages I see. Maybe the sequential mode will allow better/finer tuning?

Agree, good article in Hot Rod.:)

There are a few differences in the user interface. Buzzard [Jan] who did the tuning so far on mine, has done it well so far. Friday night at the track for the first time should tell us something.

My harness is stand alone but I understand the Buick adapter harness will be as simple as the exsisting FAST harness.

I have no official pricing or availability as yet. Dale Cherry, Cal Hartline or other distributors can address these questions.

Sam,

We have received pricing and part numbers as of 2 days ago. If you want to give me a call, I'll try to answer your questions. Boxes are still on schedule to ship by or before the 15th.

Back