your thoughts

trixdout

I've been thinking abut my engine ever since I changed my injectors. So maybe you experienced guys or engine builders or anyone that knows these engines well can tell me. So this is what is going on....
Engine idles at 47-48 psi hot (assuming the used oil pressure gauge is correct). When I get up to about 3000 rpm, the oil pressure is 70+ (again assuming the gauge is correct). The gauge is electric. Next the engine has 110k miles. Thirdly, cylinder 2 had a 30lb stock replacement injector, whereas the other 5 were stock originals.

I may have contact information of the original owner and have yet to try to contact to him, to get some history on the car.

What can you guys com up with, with this information?

I was thinking stock injectors were 28#s. Is cyl 2's spark plug sooty black and the rest of them showing lean?

What is the correlation you're trying to draw between fuel injectors and oil pressure?

earlbrown said:
I was thinking stock injectors were 28#s. Is cyl 2's spark plug sooty black and the rest of them showing lean?

What is the correlation you're trying to draw between fuel injectors and oil pressure?

Yes the stock ones are 28lb'ers, which cylinders 1,3,4,5 and 6 had when i swapped out my injectors. The only one different was cylinder 2 and it had a 30 lb'er.

My correlation is that the block blew a h/g before i owned her, due to a stuck injector in cylinder two. So the lower end was rebuilt and i have now higher oil pressure. Not sure to be honest what my oil pressure is supposed to be with this many miles or what a fresh rebuild should have.

Also i changed out the spark plugs hen i first got the gn before i ever planned on changing out the injectors. So i don't remember much what they were like. Vaguely remember them being normal wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Verify op with a known good mechanical gauge.......maybe you just have good oil pressure and yes you can have to much. 28 to 30 s shouldn't make a noticeable difference. But it would drive me crazy just knowing. Good compression/good oil pressure/fix the little things and drive it.

rmar said:
Verify op with a known good mechanical gauge.......maybe you just have good oil pressure and yes you can have to much. 28 to 30 s shouldn't make a noticeable difference. But it would drive me crazy just knowing. Good compression/good oil pressure/fix the little things and drive it.

Yea when i finally get some income coming in from my recent promotion from temporary worker to full time company employee, ill get a brand new vdo oil pressure gauge an see where I stand.

I do have all flow matched 65lb injectors from tt with a matching chip. Haven't ha a problem at all since I've had her. To be honest, I've had yet to check the compression.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick