ZDDPMAXX VS ZDDPLUS

Turbo85

I have a stock motor and I would like to add ZDDP to it. There are two products out there I am considering. I will be using my TR for street purposes only, no racing. Has any one used only one or the other of these products. ZDDmaxx is cheeper by a few $'s. Does it really matter? Will any of the additive hurt our stock CAT. Thanks.

I have a stock motor and I would like to add ZDDP to it. There are two products out there I am considering. I will be using my TR for street purposes only, no racing. Has any one used only one or the other of these products. ZDDmaxx is cheeper by a few $'s. Does it really matter? Will any of the additive hurt our stock CAT. Thanks.

I've used ZDDP Plus since it first became available & am very happy with it. It's priced relatively inexpensively and is cheap insurance for my flat tappet cammed motor. I use half a bottle with Brad Penn oil at each oil change.

It is the only brand which I will use. Saving pennies is not the most important thing to me when I'm dealing with my turbo engines survival. I'm sure the ZDD Maxx is ok too, but let's support the vendors & people who develop parts & support for our unique cars so we can enjoy them for years to come.

Richard Clark is the man behind the engineering & development of ZDDP Plus. He needs no formal introduction as he has done more for Turbo Buick collectors & enthusiasts than can be imagined.

I think it's a no brainer.....support those that invest & develop products for our cars.

"Nuf said"

dave

My 2 cents consider at least looking into an oil like amsoil zrod, Royal purple hps or others that has already been engineered into it's formula, rather than add an arbitrary amount of something to an oil w/out it.

deezdad, you just had to go there. LOL. Hopefully this does not start another "what is the best oil" debate and 50 page thread.

kirban 2 cents worth...I agree wiith the above assessment concerning the development of zddp by Richard Clark been there from the begining we sell to engine rebuilders even one major national known cam company. my small part in the project was lining up the person that did the actual label design for the bottles long time person friend of my wifes and myself who owns a graphic design studio.

denniskirban@yahoo.com