3 gauge cluster for side of dash

Okay,

All 7 of these gauge clusters have been paid for and are all accounted for! They are almost finished too and we should be ahead of scheduale on these. I just finished sewing up the grey vinyl for all of them and will be shipping these out after I return from Ryenolds next monday.

I have put in a new order for 10 more and hope to have them faster than the others. Were taking names and orders now for the next batch so if anyone is still interested in these just let us know and we will put you in line to receive one.

Scot W.

Hey, that's great news Scot!! I'll go out and rip out the gauges now and wait for my early Christmas present. Wow. I'm really happy about this. Can't wait to see your work. Bet it's your usual boring perfection! :p:biggrin:

Thank you for letting us know the status on these. I'm so glad that you went through on this....this is what we all need for our engine monitoring system. And gauges are my weakness!!:p

Bruce '87 Grand National

they attach by removing the large soft gauge cluster surround from your dash then secure with the one screw hole to the hidden bracket at the rear (no visible holes in your dash if you decide to remove ) then wire new gauges to it with wires coming in from stock gauge area so that they are concealed , then replace the soft surround

Scott put me in for one of the second batch

heres the side pic...i thought it looked familiar as its a pic of Carmellos stage 2 T that he just sold (pic taken when GNbrett or STP owned it before the MSBc-1 went in)
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/at...870993-3-gauge-cluster-side-dash-img_0088.jpg

o

how do they mount? any installed pics from the side? or pics of the ones you have completed?
They install just as (Pacecarta) explained in above post and that TAB on the left of them is what secures them to the car. Mine will come with complete instructions and all mounting hardware to mout the gauge cluster.

Here is a picture of all 7 of mine I just got done making..

Attachments

• 3-gauge cluster 002.jpg
    3-gauge cluster 002.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 342
Guess I better get some gauges now.

Yup, me too. All I have is a boost gauge laying in the change bin for the last 5 years. So, 2 more. Hmmm, oil pressure and fuel pressure, me thinks. I should get a double for the change bin, maybe oil temp and trans temp.
Damn, I think I just got slapped by Midas.:eek:

Update!!

I just went down to fit gauges in them and they all need to be re-done!!! Yes, when I covered them I started off with headliner as a padding and then covered them with vinyl, Well when I covered them with the vinyl I streched the vinyl pretty good to get them to fit snug. Then appearently what had happend when I cut out the holes is the vinyl streched back and the holes widened out and now the gauges bezel won't cover the cuts.... Oh well, Now I have to order more vinyl and do them all over again. That's what I get for trying to rush and get these done.... lol

A few of them turned out good and could be used but I am re-doing those too.. I want these to be right!!

I will let everyone know when they are done, boxed up and ready to ship..

Scot W.

I just went down to fit gauges in them and they all need to be re-done!!! Yes, when I covered them I started off with headliner as a padding and then covered them with vinyl, Well when I covered them with the vinyl I streched the vinyl pretty good to get them to fit snug. Then appearently what had happend when I cut out the holes is the vinyl streched back and the holes widened out and now the gauges bezel won't cover the cuts.... Oh well, Now I have to order more vinyl and do them all over again. That's what I get for trying to rush and get these done.... lol

A few of them turned out good and could be used but I am re-doing those too.. I want these to be right!!

I will let everyone know when they are done, boxed up and ready to ship..

Scot W.

I think I've got a solution for you Scott. Vinyl needs some curing when you stretch it. Mount the vinyl and let it sit for a day and then heat it up some with a hair dryer. This should relieve the stress some and let the end user cut the holes so the guages so it will fit right. Just a thought here bud.

BTW, I could use a brown one for Christmas.:biggrin: LOL

I think I've got a solution for you Scott. Vinyl needs some curing when you stretch it. Mount the vinyl and let it sit for a day and then heat it up some with a hair dryer. This should relieve the stress some and let the end user cut the holes so the guages so it will fit right. Just a thought here bud.

BTW, I could use a brown one for Christmas.:biggrin: LOL
They did sit awhile and I used a heat gun on them but the streching came from the 1/4" foam backed headliner that was used as padding. See, I glued the face of the gauge cluster in hopes to prevent this but the streching happened due to the streched vinyl pulling the foam over.....

I already ordered the new grey vinyl today and will be able to get 3 mailed out very soon as I had 3 covers left over...

I would let the end user cut the holes but what happens if "They" happen to cut them too short? I would rather send them a product that is 100% ready to install... We will see how this next one turns out and go from there..

PS: Send me a sample of that brown if you don't mind.. Dying it might be the cheapest way out on the single colors..

SW.

They did sit awhile and I used a heat gun on them but the streching came from the 1/4" foam backed headliner that was used as padding. See, I glued the face of the gauge cluster in hopes to prevent this but the streching happened due to the streched vinyl pulling the foam over.....

I already ordered the new grey vinyl today and will be able to get 3 mailed out very soon as I had 3 covers left over...

I would let the end user cut the holes but what happens if "They" happen to cut them too short? I would rather send them a product that is 100% ready to install... We will see how this next one turns out and go from there..

PS: Send me a sample of that brown if you don't mind.. Dying it might be the cheapest way out on the single colors..

SW.

I'll send it as soon as I can Scott.:cool:

What you may need to do is make the hole in the pading a little larger so that the vinyl will stick to the metal and not pull off. It would also leave a slight indention but the guage would compress a lot of it to hold it in place.

Shipped out a total of 4 out today for.

1) (Just plain John) - Black one
2) (Bruce Urie)
3) (Stephen Gully)
4) (Tony's Mach)

The 3 remaining
1) nonova0074
2) kevin25645
3) Zachary Swoda

are waiting on the vinyl to come in... BUT if you measure the "Lip (overhang)of the bezel" I might be able to just send you one without having to redo it. this means if your gauge bezels lip is greater than 1/8" these will work just fine and I can send yours out right away otherwise it will have to be redone..

The gauge I used was a Autometer pro-comp Ultralight to test the holes with and it did not cover the hole cut-outs all the way so if yours is different it most likely will work fine.

Let me know what gauges you have and how much the bezel overhang is..

Scot W.