3 Mufflers for a quiet system ?

Hey Guys new to this forum, while I don't have a turbo buick, i am intriqued by the 3 muffler system I was wondering if anyone has tried this system on a v-8? I would run a 3 1/2 X into 3" summit welded mufflers, or ultra flows then into one of these cross flow mufflers and out with tail pipes.. This is on a Pontiac 461, any input is greatly appreciated!!

We have now run 10.03 @136 with three 2.5" mufflers. Not sure why you would need to go 3.5" with a 461 V8. Horsepower is horsepower and 136 mph equals 700+ HP. Should keep things in perspective. This was on pump gas and dual nozzle alky, stock ECM with 3.5" MAF. Alot left in it with C-16 and more boost, but the car isn't legal faster than 10.00@135.

We have now run 10.03 @136 with three 2.5" mufflers. Not sure why you would need to go 3.5" with a 461 V8. Horsepower is horsepower and 136 mph equals 700+ HP. Should keep things in perspective. This was on pump gas and dual nozzle alky, stock ECM with 3.5" MAF. Alot left in it with C-16 and more boost, but the car isn't legal faster than 10.00@135.

Wow ! That is flying! The only reason i said 3 1/2 is that is what came with the car i also could use my 3" one too dumping into 2 1/2 mufflers..

I'm bringing this thread up from the dead.
I am wanting to do this 3 muffler setup as described in this thread. I have all the information I need except where to purchase the 2.5" cat-back exhaust pipes with mufflers? I will need to purchase the cat-back system then probably cut the tail pipes off in order to use the Cross Flow muffler described in this thread. So where can I get a Cat-Back y-pipe system?

Thank You
Kevin

Thanks Guys. I found a shop nearby that does custom exhaust so I hope to have them give me a quote.

Kevin

I'm bringing this thread up from the dead.
I am wanting to do this 3 muffler setup as described in this thread. I have all the information I need except where to purchase the 2.5" cat-back exhaust pipes with mufflers? I will need to purchase the cat-back system then probably cut the tail pipes off in order to use the Cross Flow muffler described in this thread. So where can I get a Cat-Back y-pipe system?

Thank You
Kevin
I purchased the Pypes SS y-pipe direct from Pypes, bought the three SS Dynomax mufflers from Summit and had one of the T-Buick shops fab the axle hump pipes and tailpipes for me.

Yes, they are still listed on the websites, but are not available to buy. I have tried as recently as 2 weeks ago, and they are no longer in production.