4.1 stock block build

Mike,

At this point can we get a complete engine break down including headers, turbo, fuel management. My guess this engine has become pricey.

They are all pretty pricy but sure, 4.1 484 block, 2center main caps, stock stroke steel crank, Molnar stock length rods, Diamond pistons 9.0 to 1 compression, Our 214/214 roller cam kit with Morel short travel lifters and Pac 1201X springs, Champion Iron heads, ported stock intake, Hemco upper with spacer and 62MM stock throttle body. GN1 headers SE style, PTE 66MM waste gate on header. Very old 7480 turbo (a new billet 64 or 66 will move the same air on the compressor) stock ECU with translator and mass air I ran a TT 6.0 wideband chip that a friend loaned my to start the car, 120lb injectors and E85 fuel. Complete Racetronix 680L double pumper. Most parts were used or traded for since Marianne had me on the tight budget LOL. Let me know what other info you need

They are all pretty pricy but sure, 4.1 484 block, 2center main caps, stock stroke steel crank, Molnar stock length rods, Diamond pistons 9.0 to 1 compression, Our 214/214 roller cam kit with Morel short travel lifters and Pac 1201X springs, Champion Iron heads, ported stock intake, Hemco upper with spacer and 62MM stock throttle body. GN1 headers SE style, PTE 66MM waste gate on header. Very old 7480 turbo (a new billet 64 or 66 will move the same air on the compressor) stock ECU with translator and mass air I ran a TT 6.0 wideband chip that a friend loaned my to start the car, 120lb injectors and E85 fuel. Complete Racetronix 680L double pumper. Most parts were used or traded for since Marianne had me on the tight budget LOL. Let me know what other info you need

Mike,
Are you planning on doing anymore to the engine/car. I was at the Michigan Turbo Buick Meet last year. I saw you pull up and people started huddling around your car, so I didn't bother you. I do remember you talking about how to get the fuel pumps in or something to that effect. I wish I had read this last year. I would have looked a little closer at your build.
I got a letter saying the Michigan Turbo Buick Club has dissolved. I'm trying to find out if people are still going to meet on the Wednesday before the Dream Cruise.

I plan to do lots with the car it is our rolling tester for new things. We are putting a FAST in right now and I have another motor combo we will try too. Too bad about the club. If you know anyone from there we are having open house at out building on the 17th it looks like lots of people will be attending. If I can get the mailing list I will try to put the Woodward thing together

Show up here at 10AM or so and hang out. We have a nice lot and I am firing up the big bar-b-q. Marianne is giving away some stuff too. Just good Buick fun. We have some items we are selling to. Hope you all come

Awesome thread! Just read through it all.. I might be looking for a 4.1 block in the near future..

My 4.1 needs a freshening and may be doing a build similar to this except with a stroker crank.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

My 4.1 needs a freshening and may be doing a build similar to this except with a stroker crank.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I was actually thinking about the same. Found any information on someone who has done it before?

I have built three 4.1's with stroker cranks. Custom pistons and modified rods for cam clearance, if using H beam rods, are needed. Rod to cam clearance needs to be checked in any case.

Last edited: