9's with stock heads

VictoryTrans

The cars stock....I swear
I've heard from a couple of people that its possible, just have to use a little bit higher of a boost level. We intended on using about 30psi anyway, but my question is how many people that you guys know of have actually done this, and more importantly what the rest of their combo was. Any info is appreciated, thanks.

I believe Geno went 9.70's with iron heads. I know there is at least 2 more guys that have but I cant remember their names off the top of my head. Put the car on a diet and make it lose one or two hundred pounds and it'll be a lot easier!!

The car weighed 3550 with my dad in it before. I figure when everything is said and done we'll have about another 200lbs off. So I'm sure thatll help. What I was more concerned about was cam size, etc. Because I'm sure a nice size cam would help out some too.

Originally posted by Wolfj359
I believe Geno went 9.70's with iron heads. I know there is at least 2 more guys that have but I cant remember their names off the top of my head. Put the car on a diet and make it lose one or two hundred pounds and it'll be a lot easier!!

No, Geno went 9.90's @ 136 with ported GN1's.

Ryan Guy

Talk to Terry Ryan. He and Ryan Guy set up his car.
It went 9.9x with stock heads.

Get ready to run 35psi!!!

Originally posted by c&cgn

No, Geno went 9.90's @ 136 with ported GN1's.

I stand corrected:cool: .

I would think lots of boost and a cam in the 218-224 range would be required. Going to a roller setup and possibly some nice roller rockers would help to when you're trying to squeeze that much out of a stock block. I didn't look to see whether or not you had aftermarket headers but at those speeds they'll help you a little bit too. It's great to see stock blocks going this fast:D .

We have a 214/208 hydraulic cam with roller rockers. And we also have ATR headers. I really think that the car has the ability to do it as going 126 MPH in a 3600lb car is making some power. I also figure with the new combo we'll be making about 60 more HP and we lightened the car another 200lbs

Tony,

I sent you an email with Terry's contact info.

I would go with at least a 218 cam and maybe
bigger.

I am building a motor for Idaho GN it has nice M&A
heads and a huge rollor cam.

I think Shawn will be one of the fastest by the end of the year!!!

geez john dont let the cat out of the bag yet.........................

oops you allready did

j/k shawn

It should. Geno used a small 208 cam and got the job done.
With the small iron heads and the the bigger turbo your car is going to want to run a lot of boost.

You may want to talk to David Bamford. He has gone 9.9 with his stock block and a t-76. Still has ac.

Originally posted by John Wilde

You may want to talk to David Bamford. He has gone 9.9 with his stock block and a t-76. Still has ac.

That's the car Dan White was tuning on,Both of them are from Michigan,Correct?

JW

David is from michagan. I think he has aluminum heads though.
The stock block car made a lot of hp when it was dynoed.
I will let David say how much if he wants. Dan White has tuned the car on a chassis dyno.

VictoryTrans, is your 214-208 hyd. cam an ATR grind? Just curious because I had given that cam some thought. I've got the old ATR 211-207 and it seems pretty aggressive. I was just wondering how much more aggressive the 214-208 was? Randall