9's with stock heads

Hey Alex you are right about the car being Orlando's, and that smelly lying piece of crap (onion in a head lock) no deodorant using Harper is always trying to take the credit for the car running those numbers, he hasn't done jack **** for tunning the car, it's all Orlando's work, that web site and all those numbers are dreams in his fantasy world.

31 is the most no knock run ive made and 28deg timing..
Thats living on the edge were i like it :eek: My boost went right to the max a 3 bar will read at Vegas and ended up on the trailer. Im sure i was close to 35lbs and it hurt it:rolleyes: Im pretty hard on my car and run it all out every run just about..

Originally posted by geno

My heads are just a mild home port only to match the felpro gaskets:) and stock intake

I knew you did the porting Gene I just didn't have the time to type it in properly this morning. I just didn't want people rattling off inaccurate numbers and parts when the thread started. :D

Originally posted by c&cgn

I knew you did the porting Gene I just didn't have the time to type it in properly this morning. I just didn't want people rattling off inaccurate numbers and parts when the thread started. :D

Kewl
At the rate im going on selling parts i will never get the S2 on the road this summer:( I might have to put the stock block back in:D I hope to see you guys at the track...

Originally posted by TurboT231
Hey Alex you are right about the car being Orlando's, and that smelly lying piece of crap (onion in a head lock) no deodorant using Harper is always trying to take the credit for the car running those numbers, he hasn't done jack **** for tunning the car, it's all Orlando's work, that web site and all those numbers are dreams in his fantasy world.

You said it, not me, but I feel the same way. Although Orlando seems to have a lot of "respect" for harper after talking to him. Harper will never touch my car, even if he was the last buick mechanic on the planet.:eek: Funny how that car poped up on harper's web-page.:confused: :mad:

Shoebox

Why does everyone not like Rick Harper, I never had any problems with him. He seemed like a nice guy when I talked to him.

Im sure people are starting to not like me to:D LOL
I can be a real jerk,at least thats what the wife says;)

Originally posted by VictoryTrans
Why does everyone not like Rick Harper, I never had any problems with him. He seemed like a nice guy when I talked to him.

If you really want details, private message me. On the record, i have heard more good then bad about him resently(the last two-three years) but before that is a whole different story.

Shoebox

Geno a jerk?????

Hey Gene I don't think you are a jerk but then again your wife knows you better than I do. :eek: :D :D :D How are ya buddy? It seems like people don't like you when you do it better or go a lot faster than they do. You must be cheating or something because you couldn't possibly do what you are doing. Have a good one. Dave

Originally posted by geno

Kewl
At the rate im going on selling parts i will never get the S2 on the road this summer:( I might have to put the stock block back in:D I hope to see you guys at the track...

You know we'll be there! :D At least, once I get my bucket-a-bolts fixed up. :rolleyes:

Gene, since you run relatively high boost and timing. How much boost you think you would need with timing in the 25-26* area??? Our car would probably have that amount of timing so I guess we need to run alot of boost after all. Is it safer to run higher timing and a little less boost or the opposite?? Thanks

Duttweiler uses lower timing and high boost.
Like 24 degrees with 35 to 40 psi.

PTE in the files I have seen run more timing and less boost.
Mine was about 26 degrees and 30 psi

It is kind of like the more compression or not debate.
You can make it work either way.

Well it would also depend on how efficient the turbo is at that boost range. If you are only creating more heat and not pumping more air, then you need more timing and not more boost. Either way it will make more power untill you are starting to detonate (ouch)

I'm guessing that larger turbo's are usually more efficient at higher boost levels, correct?? So I'm guessing our PT-74 wouldnt mind the high boost then. But is either high boost or high timing safer than the other??

Dave Poppe

I was just out at Dave's place a few weeks ago and bought his old Champion ported heads. They need some work but he gave me a good deal on them. From what he said his car went in the 9's on the 3.8L block with these heads/roller camshaft setup or the Iron heads. can't remember which he said now. He's still using the stock MAF!!!! Stock fuel rail stock up pipe from the stock location IC stock Throttle body,plenum and intake, ECM w/red chip now with stage 2 bottom end runs 9.40's with 1.30 60'. From looking at his stuff I was astounded at the times he's pulling from it. He's also seen 40lbs of boost. :eek:

I'm putting together a 2700lb S-10 with a stock bottom ended steel cap'd 400trans w/4000stall hoping to dip into the 9's. I have the low weight on my side just hoping traction is not a issue. Ladderbars/coil overs with 10pt X braced cage stock front suspention with trick springs and 90/10s.
Great info on here guys.. went to all the sites that had links.. very very nice.. ~ScottPower Concepts,Inc.

What about head gaskets? Are you guys using o-rings when you turn the boost up that high (over 30 psi)?

Re: Dave Poppe

Originally posted by UR50SLO
I was just out at Dave's place a few weeks ago and bought his old Champion ported heads. They need some work but he gave me a good deal on them. From what he said his car went in the 9's on the 3.8L block with these heads/roller camshaft setup or the Iron heads. can't remember which he said now. He's still using the stock MAF!!!! Stock fuel rail stock up pipe from the stock location IC stock Throttle body,plenum and intake, ECM w/red chip now with stage 2 bottom end runs 9.40's with 1.30 60'. From looking at his stuff I was astounded at the times he's pulling from it. He's also seen 40lbs of boost. :eek:

I'm putting together a 2700lb S-10 with a stock bottom ended steel cap'd 400trans w/4000stall hoping to dip into the 9's. I have the low weight on my side just hoping traction is not a issue. Ladderbars/coil overs with 10pt X braced cage stock front suspention with trick springs and 90/10s.
Great info on here guys.. went to all the sites that had links.. very very nice.. ~ScottPower Concepts,Inc.

WHAT
9.4 1.30 60ft out of a 109 block and stock comuputer,iron heads in a turbo regal?:confused: Can the guy walk on water.....I must be missing something here..Or im Slow

no no....

HE was going high 9's with the stock block.. he now has a stage2 setup going 9.40's with 1.30's 60' Still using the stock ECM,Wiring harness,MAF Up pipe from IC to stock Throttle body,Plenum and Lower intake. If I were to look at the car without knowing what it runs he'd definatly take my money in a street race. It realy does not look like a 9sec car! Especialy being 35-3600lbs no glass. Great combo... He'd go faster if he made the leap to a FAST or similar setup. Can't believe it myself.. Very helpfull guy glad I met him!~Scott