Aeromotive 340 Stealth Fuel Pump. Anyone use one yet?

I fired the car today with the 1st aeromotive pump,I have to set the base pressure around 46-48 to allow for decel fueling.
This car has an XFI so It is easy enough to tune around the higher base pressure.

Otto, keep us updated as to your findings with the new Aeromotive pump. I am going to be upgrading soon and am very interested in this pump. I am hoping that it will work in my car, or else I'll have to look at going with a double pumper or external.

Pat

I fired the car today with the 1st aeromotive pump,I have to set the base pressure around 46-48 to allow for decel fueling.
This car has an XFI so It is easy enough to tune around the higher base pressure.

Otto,
How much difference in psi from vac line off to vac line on at idle?

Eric

That's what I want to know. I only get a 2 lb drop with my Denso and that is with either the Kirban or Accufab.

The amount of vacuum an engine can pull at idle will have an effect on how much lower the FP goes when you check with the line off vs the line on.

i.e a bigger cammed motor with a relatively low idle won't pull near as much vacuum as stock.... I would expect there to be a smaller change (line on vs line off) as compared to a stockish setup.

What do you mean decel fueling?l
If you are at 48 base, then you should be about 78 psi at 30 psi boost.
That sucks because according to the graph I posted on pg1, the pump flows about 60lph less at 80 psi than 70 psi.

What do you mean decel fueling?l
If you are at 48 base, then you should be about 78 psi at 30 psi boost.
That sucks because according to the graph I posted on pg1, the pump flows about 60lph less at 80 psi than 70 psi.

What I mean by decel fuel is the drop in fuel pressure under heavy vacuum.

Otto,
With stock fuel lines, what type of rwhp have you seen with this pump so far w/o alky?

Ed

Just bought same pump. Putting it on E85 with a XFI to bad we just got 4 inches of snow

Bottom line how doe's Aeromotive fuel pump compair to the Walbro pump do it pump more fuel or less or the same thanks.

So, what needs to be done to run the new Aeromotive 340 in a stock car? Does the return line or the fuel pressure regulator need to be replaced? What else might have to be done?

Bottom line how doe's Aeromotive fuel pump compair to the Walbro pump do it pump more fuel or less or the same thanks.

Preliminary info (from the manufacturer) says it pumps more than walbro. Still waiting on real-world results to give a definite answer.

Some more info for you guys. A bunch of DSM and EVO owners punch in the pressure relief valve of the walbro for more flow. Here is a test you might have seen before.

Here is the link you will have to copy it because I am not allowed to post links. add the http to the link guys. Sorry about this.
://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/262346-ams-ultimate-fuel-pump-test-6.html]AMS Ultimate Fuel Pump Test - Page 6 - evolutionm.net This is a link.

Looking at the modified 255 it looks to flow about the same as this new pump when comparing the aero's 340 graph.

It sucks for me because I am running a modified 255 an needed a little more and I wanted this new pump to be the best idea. That is how I found this thread. Doing my homework on this new 340 pump.

Hope some of you guys get good results so I can buy this. Take care.

Some more info for you guys. A bunch of DSM and EVO owners punch in the pressure relief valve of the walbro for more flow. Here is a test you might have seen before.

Here is the link you will have to copy it because I am not allowed to post links. add the http to the link guys. Sorry about this.
://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/262346-ams-ultimate-fuel-pump-test-6.html]AMS Ultimate Fuel Pump Test - Page 6 - evolutionm.net This is a link.

Looking at the modified 255 it looks to flow about the same as this new pump when comparing the aero's 340 graph.

It sucks for me because I am running a modified 255 an needed a little more and I wanted this new pump to be the best idea. That is how I found this thread. Doing my homework on this new 340 pump.

Hope some of you guys get good results so I can buy this. Take care.

its the same idea that red armstrong does to his xp pump but he epoxies his. still they dont flow as much as the aeromotive