Dates / Time , Rules and Classes for the Buick South Event.

Originally posted by salvageV6
:)

I don't think anyone with stock heads and cam will be competitive in this class anyway.

Let alone with a small shaft turbo with them. ;)

Especially a full weight car. :(

Ya gotta have rules though.

No this is the point.. this class will be competetive with stock heads and cam. What's being accomplished is we're letting the little guys have a chance to win something. And the last thing the class wants is a detuned 9 second car competing in it. hence why the rules are what they are.

last year, 2003, we had a small but nice turnout. This year will be better. Why not let some real street GN's have some fun..Sorry you have a Ninja Death turbo ;) , but the class is wrapped around tuning with a limited resource. The octane being the largest hurdle. Turbo, computer, etc..

I believe there will be plenty of test n tune time given the classes we have. Either that or eliminate the test-n-tune and run brackets. So run two runs.. get a number.. run brackets lose first round.. and pay 50 bucks to run your car three times.TNT lets you run more runs and have fun. maybe 2005 a more comprehensive bracket's class can be made. I'm thinking out loud. Opinions welcome :)

Dont some t-types weigh 3400 lbs from the factory.. non-t/top cars with manual windows and aluminum wheels/drums?

Mines weighs 3700 on the BMP scale..with me in it. So depends on scale.

Hence the 3500 with driver.

Why not let some real street GN's have some fun

Razor,

If your car runs mid 11's now, what is it going to run with heads and a cam? 10.99?

Again, we are getting back to the "daily driver" vs. "second car" problem.

How is it going to be fun for guys who run 12's to run with guys that run 10's?:confused:

I know you can't please everybody, but c'mon...:eek:

The "point" for me is:

Monday morning, on the way to work, when my "daily driver" goes up against your "daily driver" at the local stop light, what happens? Is my GN racing your Ford Exploder, F-150, mini-van or Honday Accord?

There is a difference between "real street car" and "daily driver". "Real street cars" can run 8's.

I thought the point behind the 93 class was for the guys that drive their car everyday. Not the guys that just drive it on weekends.

Also, why are we allowed to put xylene in at the gas station? I thought this was pure 93 with one power adder?

93 and "one power adder" should be either alchy or Xylene, but not both.

Xylene is extra protection and has been brought up by me since the beginning as extra protection for us. If you dont want to use it, dont. But dont spoil it for those who want added security.

Scott

I'll go out on a limb and say a roller cam, ported iron headed car running 6K rpms wins it.

On the new drag radials too. ;)

In a 3500 lb. car and driver vehicle.

My GN is the only car I've weighed it was at 3680 without me.

I think salvageV6 is even heavier, unfortunately.

I also would like to see everyone race through the exhaust you know like street cars. :p

No single shots either, unless the owner is already deaf. ;)

But dont spoil it for those who want added security.

I think I may have mis-represented myself.

I have used it and I would use it again.

I think if you DON'T have alcohol, then you should be able to run Xylene.

I think if you DO have alcohol, then you should NOT be able to run Xylene.

You don't have alcohol, right? Then run all the Xylene you want!:D

All I am saying is we should be allowing one power adder PER car, either alchy or xylene, but not both.

If I ran alchy AND xylene, that would be unfair to you, if you had just xylene.

Cool?:cool:

My buddy said his 86 T weighed 3430 at BMP and its all steel.

This class is designed around a mid 11 sec- mid 12 second car. Put radials on the cars it makes it more a drivers race. And a mid 11 second car doesnt hook.. it turns into a mid 12 second car really fast.

I may be able to run a 10.99 on slicks and juice, but not on dr's.. tho I could only wish. Plus I probably wont enter into the class, being i'm helping with its teching issues.

My car will go to bowling green this year driven there, I choose not to drive it during the week for regular commutes. I dont like leaving it anywhere.. guess I have Miami syndrome..I have driven for weeks at a time when the other car has been down.. it is a bonafide 100% street car and everything works on it.. spare tire, sway bars, full interior, 100% complete... So to make it a driver mean it has rust, door dings, leaky t-tops, etc...This is one area you cannot call on how many miles a person drives their car.. its not a usage class.. And hence why rules are made to limit what a-typical 84-87TR/ 89TTA can run in the class.

The cars I know that are going to be in the class will run aprox low 12's 110-112MPH realistically. Especially given the tire/track issue.

You think something that in reality will pan out differently.. you'll see. Once you introduce the 93 into the tank.. the game field changes.. big time.

Win or lose, i'll still race the car.. it will be a great time.. no matter what happens.

Sorry I've tuned my car on its stock stuff to the limits.. But it is what it is. I'm not the fastest by any stretch of the imagination.

Lastly.. where does it say only one adder? ;)

The cars I know that are going to be in the class will run aprox low 12's

And the other half of the group, with heads and a cam, will be running low 11's...:rolleyes:

Why not have:

Group A:
As it is now, and ONE power-adder per car. Quickest car, mid 11's.

Group B:
Multiple power-adders, aluminum heads, bigger turbo. Quickest car, high 10's.

High 10's/Low 11's on 93 octane.. power adder's' or not.. go find the cars on this board that will turn the number and report back.. on drag radials, meet the class criteria, full weight... i'll be waiting.

Really find them.. I want to hear all about them. Bet you can find 5 in the WORLD that can do this feat in 2/2004.. probably wont find any..

I'll eat my words.. have ketchup ready

;)

If you cannot provide reference to cars that will make the number and make the class non competitive.. then things stand as they are.

Bet you wont find 5 that run mid 11's :rolleyes:

I'll be waiting :cool:

PS.. impossible to tech heads and cam.. hence why the no aluminum heads.

3500lbs. with driver is not a "full weight" car.

Other than that you may be right. :)

If you are going to make xylene legal you might as well just let everyone use GT100 unleaded for the fillup and do it at the track.

Save some time and trouble. :)

So where do we stand on the weight and the number of power-adders issues?

3500lbs without driver?

One power-adder? Alchy, NOS or xylene, but not more then one.

Can one of you guys (alex, julio or jesse) gather up all of the afforementioned items and put them in one conclusive list?

Also, we need some more people to chime in here.

So far it is Julio, Salvage, Scott and I doing all the talking. We don't want four guys tailoring the race to suit our needs and at the same time ruin it for 20 other guys.

Has anyone posted anything on the "other" three boards?

Do you guys have an "official" list of who is running in our little 93 class?

BTW, thanks for working so hard. We hate to bust your balls, but once we get this ironed out, it will be the best!:D

If you wanna run xylene, put it in your tank before you fill up that morning and Julio and I tech your car after you fill up. It's as simple as that. If you wanna run both(alky+xylene), or all three, thats fine too.(good luck tuning it):p

Weight requirement, is 3500 with driver.

I know everyone wants to win when they compete, but I think in the big sceme of things, everyone should be looking to have fun, and if you win something that is a bonus.

HTH

-Alex

Ditto on what Alex said.

the only power adder mentioned is Nitrous.

Xylene, water, alky, propane, etc dont make more power.. they allow higher boost which makes more power is some cases.. but theyre octane additives.

Once the cars get theyre 10 gallons.. thats it.. finito on touching the gas caps or fuel rail ;) .. You want to run 100 octane.. go to the track on saturday and fill to 1/4 tank on 100.. then sunday morning get your 10 gallons 93. Whatever you wish. Tho once the 10 gallons go in.. its a done deal. Cap is sealed shut and tagged.. :eek:

The 3500 lbs deal is about as close as we can get it and not be far off. maybe next year we can do 3600 lbs.. But a T with aftermarket aluminum wheels, aluminum drums, non power.. aluminum bumpers, etc.. will do that weight and a 180-200 lb driver.

We'll take a look at weights for vehicles with the tanks full and come up with a possible change for next year.

Call Jenny Craig and go on a one month diet, or turn that rod in an extra turn. Whatever is easiest :)

(Tongue Planted Firmly in Cheek) ;) ;)
If you guys think you got problems fitting a class, I'm going to in REAL trouble in a couple years when I get my motor finished!!!!

All aluminum S2 (block and heads) (not T/A block/heads). It'll only be making a little over 700HP, so competing in any S2 class will be out of the question :mad:

;)