Dates / Time , Rules and Classes for the Buick South Event.

Re: V8's in Bradenton

Originally posted by Bruce Hunter
Hi Gang, I will be traveling to Bradenton to race my 71 gs, hope to see many others there as well, If we can put together enough cars to run a program that would be great.

where is the best plce to stay(proximity)?

anyone know if I could drop off my trailer at the track early in the week? Going fishing with some old pals south off Bradenton, and don't care to drag the trailer all over southeast FL.

thanks for any help or info,

Bruce

Like I said Bruce , If there are enough GS Buicks at the event I will do my best to make a class for you and the rest of the GS guys.

Jesse

Razor, thanks for the correction, West Coast it is.

Jesse, will be there to have some fun, I think Jim Haas is coming as well from Miami,

can anyone give me direct contact with the raceway,? to see about leaving a trailer there ahead of time?

thanks all, Hope you got those turbos' tuned up!! the V8's are coming!!

Bruce :D

86 Brick, thanks for the info, Seems this site is as friendly as the "other" Buick sites, were all in it together, it's the hobbyand friends I admire most!

Bruce

86 Brick, thanks for the info, Seems this site is as friendly as the "other" Buick sites, were all in it together, it's the hobbyand friends I admire most!

Bruce

Bruce, I feel the same way as you.... To me these sites and the events we hold are as much about the people as they are about the cars! See ya at the event:) :cool:

Steve

1nadrag

Hey if it makes you feel any better I own a TR and still don't fit in any class. I can't run street tire cause my turbo is too big but the car isn't at the TSM level yet.

Alex you need to make a under construction class for me to run in. Or give me some money to finish the car;)

so good to hear that everyone is going to have a place to race at what hopes to be just the begining of an event to look for ward to every year. to get bigger and bigger WOW!!!!!

I already mentioned you guys wanna do an outlaw 93 class.. i'm game.

Tino said he'd do it.

50 bucks in a pot per vehicle.. winner takes all. fastest et.. 3 passes.

You can also pop a stock turbo on it, and compete. Plenty of 11 second cars on stock turbos.. and you'd fit the class.

How about a fastestV8 vs. V6 King of the hill Deal? Never know what could happen?!

I think this could be very cool. We could even get a group of racers who want to throw some money into pot and then randomly pair everyone up, and do an elimination. Heads up, pro-tree, anything goes.

Look whos back from the dead

Wasssuuuppp Guys??

Hey are Rednecks from Tennessee allowed to join in all the fun??
:D

How the heck are y'all doing??

Well I think we are going to have a bunch of GS's coming out to run. So us and who ever doesn't fit in the other 3 classes can have a class and run together. Looks like a good weekend comimg up on the 6th and 7th. Thanks Guys

Happy in clearwater

great to hear that 1nadrag really looking forward to next weekend . hope to see a lot of those BAD ASS BUICKS racing down the track. remember tell everyone you can that the more people that show up to race or watch the bigger and bigger we hope to make this event!!!!

I just talked to the guys at Murray's Speed and Custom and Ivan's Tranny Tech. They both said they had a bunch of guys going.

Makes me think this is going to be pretty big!:D

Has anyone talked to the folks at GSXtra or GMHTP?

How many of you guys are going down for the T&T in the AM? I was thinking of running my Dodge with its new found boost, but if its going to be a nuthouse, I might wait a week.

Originally posted by 4sfed4
How many of you guys are going down for the T&T in the AM? I was thinking of running my Dodge with its new found boost, but if its going to be a nuthouse, I might wait a week.

Yeah wait a week so you can run Hondas... hehe

I wouldnt miss this for the world.

Originally posted by Razor
Yeah wait a week so you can run Hondas... hehe

I wouldnt miss this for the world.

[smack talk on]
LOL.....I dont claim to have the fastest car around, but I think the grandma-mobile can hold its own against a good portion of the Buicks! So....are the bulk of the Buicks going to run the T&T on Sat AM or what? You guys arent chicken to face a 4 door grandma mobile are you? LOL.
[/smack talk off]

In seriousness, my original question was geared towards the number of cars that planned to be present on the Sat AM T&T. I have found in some instances that the sheer number of cars present makes it better for me to wait a bit and go when things are bit less hectic....Certainly makes it easier to test the car and make changes.