FMIC question

Originally posted by lrayzer
Did I read that right? not legal for TSM ??, thats kinda of sucks.

Mine is 1/2" above the bottom of the core support, and still flush at the top. I could have extended it upwards at least another inch. So it would be legal if that's the rule.

I'll be in the shop today......... :cool:

As far as flow charts, engineering data and other info, results tell all. In the 9 and 10 sec. cars from which I have obtained results, Cotton's, PS and even a V-2, have had similar results.

Thanks for finally answering my questions Nick, unfortunately, your answers which obviously are not a direct answer, tells me and everyone else nothing, other than cars run good with any IC.... ;) I would just like to know about the results from your "testing", which I took as several IC being tested at the same time with the same car.... Now if that isn't the case, could you just tell us that? Also since you use 2 of the dimensions of an IC to determine size, why wouldn't you use the third dimension? I've never seen spec on IC cores listed by width and height, always WxHxDepth..... :)
I really don't care to be posting to this thread, but since I feel information is not accurate, I am left no choice but too..... If you are going to use my IC as an example test product, I have questions.... Nick, if you don't want to be more specific, thats ok, this is your playground, not mine..........
As for the PS IC, God bless you guys.......... I am in no way knocking anything you are doing, just want info related to mine supported. I looked at an engine bay this morning and just shook my head, thinking of the work involved to adapt it. I give you guys credit for your persistance and creativity. If it wasn't for all the trans line, AC lines, battery and other stuff, the average guy could do the IC install without too much trouble, just time. As for the tubing and bends, looks to be about the same amount of bends to accomplish the connections, just shorter tubes.

Thats a call you won't regret !!

Contrary to popular convention, I believe a front mount to be a great first buy before the turbo upgrade, wish I had done it first !!

I recommend it now to my customers.

EZ, you might fall into the category of since you don't run 9's you won't be taken seriously. :)

But, I agree with you!. People seem stuck on the notion that a FM is for the 10 sec cars, when in fact the smaller turbos put more heat into the air charge, then the larger ones. Oh well, give em time, they'll see the light eventually. Seems like Old Wife's Tales are to hard die, around here.

Originally posted by bruce
EZ, you might fall into the category of since you don't run 9's you won't be taken seriously. :)

But, I agree with you!. People seem stuck on the notion that a FM is for the 10 sec cars, when in fact the smaller turbos put more heat into the air charge, then the larger ones. Oh well, give em time, they'll see the light eventually. Seems like Old Wife's Tales are to hard die, around here.
That's what I was thinking because I have a stock turbo on the GN that I know creates more heat and is not effecient over low 20 psi. Bruce if you have some pointers on testing methods and variables to check, let me know. I have EGT and DS to collect data. I'll be using a stock radiator and added the dual fans. I've boxed the sides of the IC which I thought was needed, and I wanted to try different combinations of using boxing at the top and bottom and an air scoop.

Which fan kit did you install ? Ramchargers or Spal ?

I saw the results of a FM with stock turbo, running 12.86 on 215-60 street tires, it made a charge up top.

It is a cork in the system that needs to be removed, just like the rest of them.

Almost forgot, same car ran 7.96 in the 1/8th with not much more than a thrasher, FM, ATR duals and BFG's, and that was with me hot lapping his car at test and tune, no cool down time.

Which fan kit did you install ? Ramchargers or Spal ?

I saw the results of a FM with stock turbo, running 12.86 on 215-60 street tires, it made a charge up top.

It is a cork in the system that needs to be removed, just like the rest of them.
I added the Ramchargers. I finished boxing the IC on all sides and the air scoop today, so hopefully that will help on the top end as you stated. I have a lid to cover the air scoop to see how much it affects the cooling and performance also.

I'd like to see some 7.7s or lower 12s with this GN that is a couple hundred pounds heavier than a mostly stock 87 T I got to run those numbers.

7.70's should not be a problem, I did it with much less this year, on the Stock IC and fat tuneup with a 51 3700 lbs race weight.

7.70's should not be a problem, I did it with much less this year, on the Stock IC and fat tuneup with a 51 3700 lbs race weight.
aahhh, stock turbo is the key to my goals:)

ESP F-1 Front Mount Intercooler

ESP F-1 Front Mount Intercoolers are they any good i have heard a lot of good things about jacks front mount but the powerstroke i don`t know

Thanks Jack Cotton, This is one beautiful piece!!
I received my cottons intercooler today and this thing is so nice Ive got it sitting next to me inside the house.
I must say Job Jr doesnt get Impressed easily but when this thing arrived he was calling me and sending me pictures of it over my cell phone. This is by far the nicest piece either of us has ever seen. maybe there are people out there who dont mind gaping holes in their radiator support for intercooler pipes to go through because its cheaper but Id rather pay the money for a piece like this any day of the week. BTW Jack, did you get any intakes in yet?

Glad you like it, I slaved..................... :cool: Sorry I didn't get it to you earlier, I was waiting for hose adapters. Thanks for the order.

I just received an order from Champion when I was leaving tonite, UPS was late... looked like a ported intake box, I'll check it when I go in tomorrow

COOL, ILL TAKE ONE FOR SURE, HOW DO YOU WORK THE CORE? SHOULD I SEND YOU ONE AHEAD OF TIME OR PUT IT IN THE BOX AFTER I RECEIVE YOURS AND SEND IT BACK?

DAMM SORRY EVERYONE ABOUT THE MULTIPLE POSTS, KEPT COMING UP AS ERROR AND TO RELOAD AND IT DUPLICATED.