Full Digital LED tail lights for the GN/TR

Scott, if the regular bulbs are meant to stay in the centers, then I would be curious as to how the sequencing would work? I don't think it would be possible to look clean. I am not sure if you made your decision or not yet, but I'd rather save the money and skip the sequencing option. Maybe others will agree/disagree??? Other than that they look PERFECT!
Scott The sequencing can be turned on & off by a simple dip switch! The group of LED's on the outer end of the tailights are the ones that do the Sequencing! and the one closer to the lisence plate stays solid so it's not skiping over just a bulb.

When discussing this with the manufacture, That is what they recomended that would look the best!!
I have mentioned just about everything that everyone here has mentioned and the company that does this for a living and see's tailights every day has recomended that you don't want LED's behind any of the reflective areas because the reflective area will distort the look. I sent them a full set of GN tailights and they done the first prototypes and they wern't happy with the looks, so they redone them with 32 more LED's. I'm sure since they have a set of GN tailights that they are looking the best they can! So that is why they are the way they are.

Scott The sequencing can be turned on & off by a simple dip switch! The LED's on the outer end of the tailight are the ones that are Sequencing and the one closer to the lisence plate stays solid so it's not skiping over just a bulb.

Maybe I'm speaking for all of us, but during the original idea, I was under the assumption that sequencing would go from center all the way to the outside. I just don't think it will look right with just that one section sequencing. I would assume (you know what happens when you assume.......sometimes you're right:D ) that the majority of us would choose not to have the sequencing like that and have you produce them cheaper without the sequencing option??? Just speaking out loud here.:tongue:

Maybe I'm speaking for all of us, but during the original idea, I was under the assumption that sequencing would go from center all the way to the outside. I just don't think it will look right with just that one section sequencing. I would assume (you know what happens when you assume.......sometimes you're right:D ) that the majority of us would choose not to have the sequencing like that and have you produce them cheaper without the sequencing option??? Just speaking out loud here.:tongue:
(I would assume (you know what happens when you assume.......sometimes you're right:D ) And sometimes your not! ;) I NEVER said that.

Well to re-do the whole development all over again would cost thousands So they will stay the same as they are. If someone wants sequential they can have it! If someone does'nt want it, they can turn it off!

If I had them made without sequential- people would have wanted them!
If I had them made with just Sequential- people would want Non-Sequential!

I tried to please everyone but I'm seeing now it's impossible!

Look at how many people are on this board, Thats how many different ideas you have. I tried to produce a quality product for us with the best warranty I could find and the best product I could find for our GN's. Thats All!

Scot W.

(I would assume (you know what happens when you assume.......sometimes you're right:D ) And sometimes your not! ;) I NEVER said that.

Well to re-do the whole development all over again would cost thousands So they will stay the same as they are. If someone wants sequential they can have it! If someone does'nt want it, they can turn it off!

If I had them made without sequential- people would have wanted them!
If I had them made with just Sequential- people would want Non-Sequential!

I tried to please everyone but I'm seeing now it's impossible!

Look at how many people are on this board, Thats how many different ideas you have. I tried to produce a quality product for us with the best warranty I could find and the best product I could find for our GN's. Thats All!

Scott if your not intrested in them then there is no need to reply.

Scot W.

Relax. I was just trying to provide you with ideas to reduce costs and possibly increase the amount of people to reach your "quota". I forgot to realize that these were in the final development stages and that it is too late to turn back. I "assumed" thats how the sequencing would work. I NEVER meant to say that is what you said. However, if I wasn't interested in them, I wouldn't be here. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Scot, it's that "splitting the lens from the basket" thing I'm a little concerned with...These taillights are over 20 years old and I'm afraid the plastic will be too brittle and is going to break at the first try...:rolleyes: As for re-sealing them after the boards are installed, what kind of adhesive is going to be needed to ensure a "factory-type" weatherproof seal?

Claude :)

1st: take the tailights out and take them apart and last split the outer lens from the inner basket appart.

Scot W.

Relax. I was just trying to provide you with ideas to reduce costs and possibly increase the amount of people to reach your "quota". I forgot to realize that these were in the final development stages and that it is too late to turn back. I "assumed" thats how the sequencing would work. I NEVER meant to say that is what you said. However, if I wasn't interested in them, I wouldn't be here. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Scott i'm sorry, don't take it the wrong way. I'm not upset at all.. I just try to keep everyone undated step by step of this whole prossess. People wanted to see pic's of the prototypes so I posted them.

* THE PROTOTYPES ARE JUST A SNEEK PEEK AS WHAT THE PRODUCT "WILL" LOOK LIKE WITH THE LED's IN THEM. AND THEY ONLY HAVE THE LED's IN THEM AT THIS POINT UNTILL I INSTALL THEM IN MY CAR WITH THE OTHER BULBS.. ;)

Scot W.

Scot, it's that "splitting the lens from the basket" thing I'm a little concerned with...These taillights are over 20 years old and I'm afraid the plastic will be too brittle and is going to break at the first try...:rolleyes: As for re-sealing them after the boards are installed, what kind of adhesive is going to be needed to ensure a "factory-type" weatherproof seal?

Claude :)
The company that Is doing the LEDs had no problem with them at all..

I have mine appart now and had no problem at all..

And you don't use adhesive to put them back together! There is a small rubber gasket ( kinda like window seal-Tar like). and if that ends up bad they can be bought through the dealer or kirbans or your local auto parts store but I can't see a problem. Mine are still fine!!

You just have to be patient and carefull..
Once you have all the screws out and the two clips you carefully use a flat screw driver and slowly pry up on the lens and it will come appart just fine.
When you have them appart it's a good time to clean the buckets and the inside of the lens. cause they are dirty.

Ok scot...thanks for explaining...I didn't know that there was a seal...I thought they were glued together at the factory using some of those "factory-available-only" kinds of adhesives...:rolleyes:

thanks,

Claude :wink:

Scot I think the job you have done coming outwith a new product for the TR community is great. I am sure going thru the dealings with htis is very frustrating but in the end the payoff is worth it . Can I assume theses will go into production in the next month?

Scot I think the job you have done coming outwith a new product for the TR community is great. I am sure going thru the dealings with htis is very frustrating but in the end the payoff is worth it . Can I assume theses will go into production in the next month?
Even sooner I hope! As soon as I give them the go ahead then they will go into production.

Scot W.

Now I am confused

Stock, we have 3 "cells". The outer and inner cells are brake and park lights. The middle cell is park only.

What is your system going to be? Are all 3 going to be LED?

I presently have this system installed in my GN eBay Motors: Sequential Tail Lights Mustang GT Cobra Mach 1 Bullitt (item 260213465681 end time Feb-26-08 18:14:38 PST)
I had to modify the middle cell to accept the same bulb as the other 2. Now all 3 work the same.
That kit your talking about still only uses a single LED bulbs as replacments WAY different than ours! We have actual circuit boards Not bulbs!! Well there is one reason like Iv'e mentioned before. The first reason for not having the center section filled with LED's is because the center section is reflective and they will not look right through it. Plus the added cost was also an issue for two more circuit boards and 80 more LED's.

I concentrated most on the Brake lights & Turn signals with the LED's for saftey, and a modern edge. Also by having LED's on a 20yr old car that were Sequential. Then people didn't want the Sequential so we decided to develope a kit that can turn it On or Off.

PLEASE WAIT FOR ME TO GET THEM INSTALLED THEN SEE HOW YOU LIKE THEM!!

Scot W.