Full Digital LED tail lights for the GN/TR

When these units are in sequential mode and the brake lights go on do they flash like hazards or is it a solid LED light.

When these units are in sequential mode and the brake lights go on do they flash like hazards or is it a solid LED light.

Brett, When these are in the "Sequential Mode" and you press the brakes on both sides light up solid!!

When in "Sequential Mode" and your turning right! You put the right turn signal on press on the brake. The left side and third brake light are lit up solid and the right side scrolls outward in the sequential motion.

Scot W.

Brett, When these are in the "Sequential Mode" and you press the brakes on both sides light up solid!!

When in "Sequential Mode" and your turning right! You put the right turn signal on press on the brake. The left side and third brake light are lit up solid and the right side scrolls outward in the sequential motion.

Scot W.

Thanx...;) You hit the nail right on the head. That's exactly what I was wondering. Looks like I'll be ordering a set of those as well..:mad:

I gotta stay off this board. It's like the home shopping club but way more expensive..:mad::D.

Scot, any plans for that 3rd brake light? Btw, what happened to the Youtube link? It's disabled now.

Scott,

Any updates from your supplier?
Hi Roger, I should have the prototypes this coming week hopefully. (fingers are crossed!) :smile: I know in the long run we will end up with a better product.

Thanks to everyone for being patient and as soon as I recive them I'll let everyone know, also when i'm done installing them I'll start a new thread with the pictures or video.

Scot W.

any word yet i feel like a kid waiting for a christmas present.
As a matter of fact I talked to them today. They told me that the new prototype Circuit boards were just shipped out ground to them thurs/friday so they should have them this week and I'll be looking for them around the beginning of next week. I can't wait either! My tailights have been out of the car this whole time waiting on the prototypes to come in.

Note: The design had to be re-done. That means New larger/longer curcuit boards, More LED's per board there should be around 30-40 more LED's and should look really good.

As soon as I get them I will let everyone know.

Thanks everyone for being so patient!!

Scot W.

If they look good and is as easy to put in as the originals then im down count me in but no pic's NO CHIPS.:cool:

"scot w", I've been reading this post closely, but after reading another one posted by "Yedi" entitled "LED parking light bulbs"... it makes me wonder if there's a big difference in the final result between theirs and yours? I understand that your will have more led's, but will that be enough to make a big difference?...Also, I don't understand how you'll be able to stuff as many led's (over 128) :eek: as you're saying into that hole in which the original bulbs are now...:confused: :confused: I would like to see the difference between the two before making up my mind as to which one I'd like...:confused:

thanks,
Claude :smile:

"scot w", I've been reading this post closely, but after reading another one posted by "Yedi" entitled "LED parking light bulbs"... it makes me wonder if there's a big difference in the final result between theirs and yours? I understand that your will have more led's, but will that be enough to make a big difference?...Also, I don't understand how you'll be able to stuff as many led's (over 128) :eek: as you're saying into that hole in which the original bulbs are now...:confused: :confused: I would like to see the difference between the two before making up my mind as to which one I'd like...:confused:

thanks,

i dont think they go in the bulb hole ,but in the tail basket some how....

thanks,
HUGE Differance! When using the LED bulbs you will have a small round circle of light up LED's instead of the whole light basket completly full of LED's. We use a full LED circuit board that goes in each light bucket.

Here is what they will basicly look like and you will see the obvious differance between the bulb and the circuit board.

Hope this helps.

Scot W.

"scot w", thanks a lot for explaining !...now that I see the circuit boards, I'm wondering how are they installed?...I assume there has to be some cutting or trimming of the stock taillight housings?...If cutting is needed, will there be a template supplied to ensure proper cutting or if the housings will have to be sent out to be modified?...and also, will they be a direct plug-in into the stock wiring harness? I guess there's going to be a way to keep water and moisture out?

again thanks,

Claude, he has stated that there will be no trimming of the light housing. Wiring does not simply plug in but he said it involves about 4 wire connections that need to be made, no big deal.

In addition to being brighter (more LEDs) don't forget Scot W's setup allows for the "sequential" effect where the lights cascade out from the center of the car when using turn signals, etc.

LED light bulbs are still another option to consider. We'll be able to judge better when the prototypes of this setup are ready.

Claude, he has stated that there will be no trimming of the light housing. Wiring does not simply plug in but he said it involves about 4 wire connections that need to be made, no big deal.

In addition to being brighter (more LEDs) don't forget Scot W's setup allows for the "sequential" effect where the lights cascade out from the center of the car when using turn signals, etc.

LED light bulbs are still another option to consider. We'll be able to judge better when the prototypes of this setup are ready.
Thanks (turbo6chicago) Well said! ;)

* The sequential effect can be turned On or Off by a dip switch. to comply with all jurisdictions/ordinace's.
* The bulbs would be great for all the other lights to compliment the taillights.
* My set up requires absolutely NO CUTTING AT ALL of your lenses..
* Limited lifetime warranty- If one bulb goes out on a board it will be replaced at no charge considering there was no modifiying of the board.
* The LED's will last around 30yrs if left on constantly.
* Boards are CNC routed and use surface mount technology.

VERY NICE PRODUCT!

Scot W.