H.B.C. at HMP JULY 15TH.

Hi Chris, I`m glad to see such a great response to this HBC event. I know several turbo cars plan on being there. I hope the Buick Powered cars know that they are invited also (including the Turbo Trans Am). I don`t know when the next race will be (maybe an unofficial meeting at HRP on a Sunday evening), but I will let everyone know ASAP. I talked to you Dad about a Dyno Day in the near future. We are tring to have an event to satisfy everyone in the club. Can`t wait to see ya`ll there. Someone needs to bring a video camera for Puddin.

If my Boss will let me off on the 17th,Then i will be there.
Thank you EJ!!!!!!!! This will be one of those quick trips.
Come in on Friday night and leave on Sunday or Monday.

See ya'll there

Puddin :cool:

Hmp

That's great Puddin.
I think I've got Frank Week's talked into bringing out his TTA, said he would talk to some of the TTA guy's that he knows.
Good job Robert.

I just looked at HMP`s website & found out that the dragstrip will be CLOSED on June 15th, due to a oval track rain date that was rained out June 1st. They have a big race the weekend before & after that date also. I will get on the phone tomorrow to reschedule this event. We will have a race this month, even if we have to go to HRP in Baytown. I will post the new date ASAP.

Looks like HMP & HRP have big races booked all Saturday nights this month. We can still do this at HMP on Friday night June 14th. or Sunday night June 16th. I know its hard to get off work on Fridays & tuff to get up Monday for work after a late Sunday night. I would like to do this so Puddin can still be here. Sunday might be better. Give me some feedback on this. .

Rotten luck :mad:
Figure it out I'm going on vacation in the morning :D Tubing on the Frio river
I'm off that weekend 7/14-7/16 and 7/21-7/23 after that I will be working for the next 2 weekends

Would anyone be interested in going to Little River since HMP, HRP & Sealy are all busy or closed?

im game for friday or sunday, and if i heard right Sealy is reopening on the 16th as a 1/4 mile track. I would be up for that as well since its only 15 mins from my parents.

Hey guys,
Sunday would work for Puddin but not friday, he took off monday from work to be here, so he will need to know asap.
not real familiar with HMP so not sure what happens on sunday nights.
thanks,
EJ.

I think the best thing to do is meet at Houston Raceway Park in Baytown on Sunday evening July 23rd. Its a little farther to drive, but should have plenty of room for everyone. I know maybe not as many will show up because of being on Sunday, but I promise to have a Buick Club race at HMP as soon as we can. I`ll be there with the Houston Buick Club banner & will bring soft drinks & bottled water for everyone. Hope to see you there.

Houston Raceway Park opens at 4:00 pm on Sunday, lanes open at 5:00, closes at 10:00 pm. car & driver $15.00, crew/spectator $8.00

WRONG DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The correct date for the race at HRP is the 16th, NOT 23rd. Sorry for the confusion, brainfade.

Sunday, July 16th, sounds great.

I'll try to get there about 4 -ish.

See you guys there.

Puddin ET's

--You guys will have to let me know how things go!!!
--The pp Camaro needs a 10.50 run. Will needs a 9.70, Jay needs a 10.50,
--ETC.....Paul needs a 11.20.

--Need video, NEED VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--Puddin

Hey Puddin,
I think I should be able to better the 10.50 !!! (1/8 mile track).

Will definitly needs a 9.999999999 run. I know the car has that in it. What does that car weigh 2000lbs :D

I will be there to help you guys do some burn outs :D

I'd love to get into the 9's on this trip. Now that we got that funky little problem figured out I can start tuning on it now.

The best the car has run so far is a 10.3, but it nosed over at around 1000' - pushed a head gasket.
I'd guess it would have run in the 9's on that pass if the injector hadn't quite working and forced the head gasket out.

The last time I weighted the car it was at 2930 without the driver.
I have done a few things to get a few more pounds off. I'm hoping to be around 2890 without driver when we get to HMP.

Good to hear you are coming out Chris, see you there.

I know the car will run with a blown head gasket :) I'm not sure about a bad injector :D 2900lbs that's light!!!!!!! I hope you got all the bugs out of it. I want to see you run a good number.

I know if I go to the track it's gonna give me the fever again....that's not good news for the wife :p

If I dont sell the car this week on ebay I will try to be there for next sunday!