H.B.C. at HMP JULY 15TH.

I'll be bring my laptop and winaldl or turbometer cable for anyone that needs to use it.

My Direct Scan is tucked up in the dash and is too hard to remove.

I won't be racing. Wife is in between jobs and it would hurt too much if I broke something.

86TexasT said:
I`ll be there at 4:00. I am driving a black '76 Chevy pickup with my son`s '84 GN on the trailer. I am bringing the trailer in case someone (J.D.) breaks. I will have a white EZ UP canopy & the HBC banner.

lol thanks for the vote of confidence lol

It was a great turn out. Something like 15 or so Turbo Regals showed up.

It was nice to meet ya'll.

Here are some of the pics that I took. I forwarded them to the webmaster for HoustonBuick.org as well.

I have some video. I am awaiting a response from HoustonBuick.org to see if they can host the video. If not, I will upload it to Google and them advise ya'll on the URL.

Attachments

• DSC07971 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07971 (Medium).JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC07972 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07972 (Medium).JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC07973 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07973 (Medium).JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC07974 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07974 (Medium).JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC07975 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07975 (Medium).JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 183
Here are more pics. Sorry. TurboBuick.org only allows 5 at a time.

Attachments

• DSC07976 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07976 (Medium).JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC07977 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07977 (Medium).JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC07978 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07978 (Medium).JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC07979 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07979 (Medium).JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC07980 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07980 (Medium).JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 185
More pics

Attachments

• DSC07981 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07981 (Medium).JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC07982 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07982 (Medium).JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC07983 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07983 (Medium).JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC07984 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07984 (Medium).JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC07985 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07985 (Medium).JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 168
A little more

Attachments

• DSC07986 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07986 (Medium).JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC07987 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07987 (Medium).JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC07988 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07988 (Medium).JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC07989 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07989 (Medium).JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 177
The last of the bunch

Attachments

• DSC07990 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07990 (Medium).JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC07992 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07992 (Medium).JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC07993 (Medium).JPG
    DSC07993 (Medium).JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 156
Finally

Thanks to everyone who let swap some test parts! :) - I did not get the guys name who let me use his MAF (from League City) - but thanks. I ended up getting things fixed and ran a 11.69@117.00 late tonight. I had a bad connection at the ECM - I think - any way it seemed to fix it.

Thanks Chuck for the Direct Scan loan.....

RossJ
1968 Rambler Turbo

It was great to see such a large turbo buick crowd. I was pretty dissappointed I didn't get to run but it was nice to see a bunch of Buicks there anyway. Thanks to all that showed up and especially to those that made it possbile. I think another trip to the track is in the works for September/October. There were complications with the best reaction time award so if anyone has their timeslip, please either scan it or send the information to Robert Mahnke at cantdrivefiftyfive@hotmail.com so we can determine the winner. The best ET of the night belonged to Tim with a 11.07 I believe. Congrats Tim. :)

I agree it was a great turnout. It was nice to meet everyone and I hope we can continue to have events like these around the houston area.

I am just glad there was a nice cool breeze throughout the event :biggrin:

Take care and see everyone next time.

Rob

Yes this was a great event, the turnout for a 96* day was awesome. Robert and everybody else involved yall did a great job. Darren thanks again for letting me borrow the laptop. Can't wait for the vids, i don't know if anybody got any of my runs on vid but im looking forward to them to see if i was somehow creeping through the lights early or something as my 60s on the timeslip on a few runs sure didn't represent how good it felt inside of the car lol. :D

Houston we have liftoff !
I have not seen that many Turbo regals at a Houston track at one time. Outstanding job Robert and everybody else involved yall did a great job.
Robert held me at gunpoint and made me join HBC again :eek:

insane6 said:
Houston we have liftoff !
I have not seen that many Turbo regals at a Houston track at one time. Outstanding job Robert and everybody else involved yall did a great job.
Robert held me at gunpoint and made me join HBC again :eek:
IT WAS JUST A WATER PISTOL.

I couldnt make last night :( good to see the the buick scene in houston well and alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It was fun watching the Buicks run last night. Man, that white T was my favorite. ;)
Big thanks to Nick for letting us use the suite!!!

turborambler glad to hear you found the problem, anytime on the maf. 84txgn hope you get the fuel issue sorted. Darren Great pics! thanks for posting them up so quickly! I will give you a call tomorrow so I can return your helmet, Thanks for letting me borrow it. Guys if you missed this one you missed out on a great get-to-gether. Nice to meet so many folks and get some time to visit as well as make some passes. Was really cool,it looked like buick had taken over the track. :eek: :eek: Maybe we can leave the heater turned off for the next track day!!!Nick BIG thanks for the suite, that was the best, having a retreat from the heat. Look foward to the next time.

White T /suite

ross87t said:
It was fun watching the Buicks run last night. Man, that white T was my favorite. ;)
Big thanks to Nick for letting us use the suite!!!

Ross,

Sorry you are not getting the White T type back LOL. It was good to meet all of you. I did join the buick club yesterday so if we go out there again Iwill open up the suite.

Nick

txregal said:
Ross,

Sorry you are not getting the White T type back LOL. It was good to meet all of you. I did join the buick club yesterday so if we go out there again Iwill open up the suite.

Nick

Nick thanks again for the Suite, it was so nice to go cool off in there. For a second being in there i almost forgot how hot the track temps were lol. What kinda times did the car run yesterday?