Help with my 84 hot air GN

If you dont find an ECM let me know I have one with a 84/85 chip for Hot Air

If you dont find an ECM let me know I have one with a 84/85 chip for Hot Air

Sweet, Its an 84-85 ECM right, Not an 86-87 lol......How much are u asking and I can put the cash in there again and Send it the exact same way, thanks let me know darren

I am looking at it now and it may indeed be a 86/87 I was running an 84/85 chip in it before I made upgrades and it ran fine . What chip are you running with your car?

idk what chip is in mine , prolly a stock 86 one?, I need a 84-85 ecm or a TT chip with no IAT Sensor installed on it. Is that what you have? If so I may be interested in just the chip.

idk what chip is in mine , prolly a stock 86 one?, I need a 84-85 ecm or a TT chip with no IAT Sensor installed on it. Is that what you have? If so I may be interested in just the chip.
Take a look at the sticky.

The 84-85 chip will not fit in 86-87 ECM or visa versa.
And if you get a stock HA ECM/chip, make sure it matches the injectors.

One thing I learned through the years . . . . You can not take any shortcuts with these cars becasue it WILL come back and bite you.

Take a look at the sticky.

The 84-85 chip will not fit in 86-87 ECM or visa versa.
And if you get a stock HA ECM/chip, make sure it matches the injectors.

One thing I learned through the years . . . . You can not take any shortcuts with these cars becasue it WILL come back and bite you.

ok I see, Im still a little green around the belly button when it comes to these cars, I want to over come this miniscule problem that I am having with my gn, Thats what I think it is, I think its so small that its hiding itself, Your right I dont want to be complacent and cut any corners. So ideally I just have to find a 84-85 ecm and keep everything original. Or get a 86-87 tt chip with no IAT installed to fit in the on I have in the car, Do the TPS and IAC typically cause issue's like this when they go bad? maybe FPR? Im running out of ideas and I have not watched the fuel pressure when it dies on me, when it does dies Im usually stuck in traffic lol. but any direction on where to look next would be great, Thanks for the tonnes of info

ok I see, Im still a little green around the belly button when it comes to these cars, I want to over come this miniscule problem that I am having with my gn, Thats what I think it is, I think its so small that its hiding itself, Your right I dont want to be complacent and cut any corners. So ideally I just have to find a 84-85 ecm and keep everything original. Or get a 86-87 tt chip with no IAT installed to fit in the on I have in the car, Do the TPS and IAC typically cause issue's like this when they go bad? maybe FPR? Im running out of ideas and I have not watched the fuel pressure when it dies on me, when it does dies Im usually stuck in traffic lol. but any direction on where to look next would be great, Thanks for the tonnes of info

TPS and IAC do/can/will go bad. :eek:
In the long run . . . . you want the 86-87 ECM with IAT.
Heck . . . . wish I could log 2 additional temps, and 3 additional pressures . . . . :eek:

You really have to loo at your realistic long term goals.
Some people just want to get it running and sell . . . . others want to enjoy/race it . . . . while others want to set records.
Once you have your goal . . . . you can work it back . . . . .
I know, right now it to get it running :p . . . but the long term goal still applies. :p

TPS and IAC do/can/will go bad. :eek:
In the long run . . . . you want the 86-87 ECM with IAT.
Heck . . . . wish I could log 2 additional temps, and 3 additional pressures . . . . :eek:

You really have to loo at your realistic long term goals.
Some people just want to get it running and sell . . . . others want to enjoy/race it . . . . while others want to set records.
Once you have your goal . . . . you can work it back . . . . .
I know, right now it to get it running :p . . . but the long term goal still applies. :p

Its def a keeper, I just want it as a driver/ cruise nights and not to race. First priority is to get it to stop stalling out on me, lol. My problem seems to occur when the car gets hot, wheather something grounds out, or fails under heat idk, What ussually is faulty when things get hot? I have ruled out the module. I think im gonna try new plug wires, maybe try a new tps or iac? maybe maf gets hot and tries to send bad signals???

.......My problem seems to occur when the car gets hot, wheather something grounds out, or fails under heat idk, What ussually is faulty when things get hot? I have ruled out the module. I think im gonna try new plug wires, maybe try a new tps or iac? maybe maf gets hot and tries to send bad signals???
MAF, TPS, FP . . . . are all possible.
You are starting to get into scantool territory . . . In GOD I trust, all other must provide data. :D

Read this as well.
http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/stalling-when-hot.292087/

I know I know I know, Thats on my wish list, I will keep peeking around and find out what the pressure in the lines does.

changed the crank sensor, Same issue, Im almost thinking of selling this car and really dont feel like putting anymore time and money into this car

changed the crank sensor, Same issue, Im almost thinking of selling this car and really dont feel like putting anymore time and money into this car
Give us a recap . . . .
Fuel pressure, TPS setting, MAF, Spark . . . . What else have you changed?

Quit throwing $$ at it and get a scantool. :)

This car has a new fuel pump, fuel tank, fuel lines, fuel filter, new plugs, wires, module, coil pack, Crank sensor, temp sensor, 86 ecm, 84-85 maf, IAC and TPS are both set to the proper settings, Not sure of the fuel pressure I just always assumed it was good, I replaced the downpipe with one that doesnt leak, I also got the exhaust manifolds welded up while I was at it. Im strongly thinking of selling the car at this point. I checked all the grounds but I have a feeling its something miniscule like that, The car runs great and spools up nice while its cool, after about an hour of hard driving, when parked at lights or stop sign it starts to fart and sputter and eventually dies, I have to wait at least five mins before it will start up again, I have covered almost everything and dont know what direction to go next and ideas???????????????? would bad grounds act up this way and if so why only when hot? also Is there any problematic wiring spots on the harness that may cause these problems, Thanks to everyone for there help

At the beginning of the month you said this:
I adjusted reset the IAC and put the TPS within the proper perimeter's, they where close but adjusted them a bit. Fired it up then the rpms where high, adjusted the idle screw, Had the rpms around 800
That screw is not an idle adjustment. If your idle was high, I'd say you have a vacuum leak somewhere.
You turning down the screw to close the throttle plate maybe compensated for the leak.
So I'm guessing maybe your IAC is out of whack and the computer is injecting fuel
according to the IAC's setting which is too lean now because of the leak.
Maybe she runs lean and when it gets hot, it runs more lean at idle and dies.
When it gets hot and dies and won't start, have you ever tried spraying some starting fluid into the throttle body
while someone cranks it? If it fires right up, that would confirm it is running lean.

This car has a new fuel pump, fuel tank, fuel lines, fuel filter, new plugs, wires, module, coil pack, Crank sensor, temp sensor, 86 ecm, 84-85 maf, IAC and TPS are both set to the proper settings, Not sure of the fuel pressure I just always assumed it was good, I replaced the downpipe with one that doesnt leak, I also got the exhaust manifolds welded up while I was at it. Im strongly thinking of selling the car at this point. I checked all the grounds but I have a feeling its something miniscule like that, The car runs great and spools up nice while its cool, after about an hour of hard driving, when parked at lights or stop sign it starts to fart and sputter and eventually dies, I have to wait at least five mins before it will start up again, I have covered almost everything and dont know what direction to go next and ideas???????????????? would bad grounds act up this way and if so why only when hot? also Is there any problematic wiring spots on the harness that may cause these problems, Thanks to everyone for there help
When you adjust the idle adjustment screw, you need to go back and verify the TPS.
You also need to verify the FP and spark when it shuts down.

Update your location to see if soeone is close.
How much do you want for the problematic HA car? :p