New DR's, 6262, trans, 9.5" nlu, SLIC, ALKY= 12.293@111.05

New PB last night. 11.0 @ 119.5mph with a 1.55 60ft.

Can't thank the guys at J&J enough for helping me get there. Thought I was flying solo at the track, and next thing I know Dave, Shev, & Steve all show up to help me out (again).

Those 3 guys are great people & go out of there way for a lot of people!

Great times with the stock motor, what RPM did it make the shifts at ? How much boost at launch ?

Have you done any testing running with the cutout open vs closed? I'm curious if this would yield a noticeable gain as far as e.t. or mph.

Turbo spools from around 20lbs to over 30lbs in less the .5 a second and maxes out the 3 BAR MAP @ 31.1lbs for the entire 1/4. I need to look into getting a 4 BAR, but I don't know if the PL will support it currently. This is through the RJC single exhaust & muffler, as I don't have a dump.

Hey send me a message the next time you go to PBIR. I'd like to hear your exhaust.

Mike

Looks like the PL can be configured for either a 3.5 or 5 BAR MAP, but I don't know how much farther the fuel system will go. IDC is around 85% now & the BLM is still correcting WOT fuel around 15-20%.

I also increased the 1st & 2nd gear WOT timing by .4 degree.

The exhaust is really quiet Most of the time I cannot even hear the car over the guy in the other lane.

At 85% DC where is your Alky set at? I run 6-6.5 @ 11.3, I would expect you might be as high as 8?

How is the new converter vs the 9.5? MPH seems similar

Alky is set on 7. Seems to be enough, because the car is running clean (no knock).

As far as the converter, it seems to be working exactly as Dave Husek said it would. It is slightly looser than the PTC, allowing the car to push through a little farther. I netted my best 60ft yet, raised the shift points, and mph out the back is nearly the same with the new unit. I'm going to write up a comparison in the trans talk section as soon as I get a little more time with it. It works nicely on the street, too. I think I found a winner with this combo.

Alky is set on 7. Seems to be enough, because the car is running clean (no knock).

As far as the converter, it seems to be working exactly as Dave Husek said it would. It is slightly looser than the PTC, allowing the car to push through a little farther. I netted my best 60ft yet, raised the shift points, and mph out the back is nearly the same with the new unit. I'm going to write up a comparison in the trans talk section as soon as I get a little more time with it. It works nicely on the street, too. I think I found a winner with this combo.

Anxiously awaiting the details of your run.

High Injector Duty Cycle = NO BUENO BUDDY!!!

Address that before going back out. For now, turn it down some and enjoy busting arse on da Skreets!!!

Or the track if you want to practice your launch... Marion said he might go out there tomorrow to baseline the Camaro. Weather should be really nice and cool.

Regards,
Shev

Agreed. I logged an 11.2 pass that felt very similar, but I left with less boost. The tune is edgy at this point and I don't want to push my luck.

Updated sig to reflect the new converter.

The PTC I was using was from Dusty. It's a great unit, I got my 120mph pass using it. I think it will work better with more power.

Today the alternator was not charging, so I swapped it with a spare I thought was good & had the same issue.

You might want to verify fuel pressure at 30+ lbs and make sure there is no issue there! Hope you get a 3.5 or better MAP so you know the boost level. Great job, keep her together!

Anxiously awaiting your tc comparison. It sounds like Dave Husek has a good working tc but I want to hear about real world experience. :)