New DR's, 6262, trans, 9.5" nlu, SLIC, ALKY= 12.293@111.05

I'll check it again the next time out for a definitive answer. Seems like it was around 2800 to 3000 RPMs when I checked it last.

If you remember that would be great. If not, no big deal. I know every situation is different, I was just curious. Thanks man.

Negro, local dade gn here . hoping to go out to pbir in 2 wks weds for the first time , e85 erics S chip, 26 psi pt70, looking for some tires ... Not sure if you can make it but it would be awesome to see another GN out there. Nice thread, a lot of useful info

In the 10's now!!! New PB for me & the car. Thanks to those who have helped along the way.

image.jpg

They said it lifted the left front tire, but I couldn't tell from in the car. Here's the log...

Attachments

• 10sec pass.dat
    181.5 KB · Views: 204
Thanks, all. I'm looking for some more feedback and wanted to figure out what to address next? I think I know the answer, but stay with me.

First, I wanted to post up some details of the night. I think I may have left some on the table during my quick pass. I shifted into fourth gear and probably lost a tenth and some mph. The previous pass was an 11.008 @ 120.23mph. This is is the highest mph the car has gone.

Timing shows 23.3 and 20.8. Tire pressures set to 15lbs. ~15lb launch. Started the night with 20lbs in the right bag, & 10 in the left, but the car did a hard gangster lean on the 11.0, so we added air (up to 30 in the right bag). O2 mV were ~.815.

From there, we turned it up another 2 full turns of the WG actuator, but I'm not sure if it was making anymore boost (The rod is bottomed out now and won't turn any further). I also bumped the Alky to 7.75 for a margin of safety. I'm logging FP and seeing low to mid 80's with an occasional spike to 87-88 on both runs. What I did notice is the BLM was nice and steady on the 11.0 pass (~15% correction) up to 5500 RPM at the traps, but was maxed out by 5100 RPM in 3rd gear on the 10.96. O2's went up to .820.

AFR was consistent @ 10.8, so why the high BLM? Does this indicate it was making more boost, even though I wasn't seeing any more fuel pressure. And if so does that mean my fuel pump is maxed out?

If so, I'll be looking to upgrade to a bigger single in tank pump and possibly a bigger return line.

Please, your comments are welcomed, keep them coming. Let's see if I can't get deeper into the 10's on this stock block, heads, & cam combo!

Just looked at the log. Id do the following in this order:
1. Taller gearing via tires or gears. Switching to a 2.5x planet in the trans would likely show benefit on a drag strip. A 29" bias ply slick would help a lot here
2. Tighten converter so flash is at 4400-4500. This will help the car e.t. in the 330' if launch boost is increased to offset the torque at the axle and a side benefit is it will increase the coupling potential and increase the efficiency by mph a lot. It will spool a little slower on a roll punch but when looking for e.t. the benefit will outweigh it
shift earlier. Like 4900-5000rpm. The car should be geared to go through the traps in 3rd.

I would get a quality 3.5 or 4 bar map sensor for accurate data.
The timing can be scheduled much better than it is currently and further e.t reduction and safety built in.
There is likely an increase in manifold pressure on the 2-3 shift. The a/f shows a leaner spot
The mph is off by approximately 10%.
The throttle wasnt pinned open early in the pass.
A high pressure compressor wheel and possibly a different turbine would probably show a little drop in back pressure and more power if the boost is in the 30's but we wouldnt know for sure unless you logged before and after pressures and knew for sure what the boost was

That's some food for thought. No concerns in the fueling?

The log I have of the 11.008 pass looks a little better (full throttle earlier, & a slightly higher 2-3 shift). Has the car trapping 5500rpm in 3rd.

Brian, from what you are saying above it sounds like the sweet spot for my car is at a lower rpm?

Id run 2 pumps if running high 30's boost or have the entire baseline fueling changed and start with a lower fuel pressure to give the pump more room to work. Taller gearing and tightening the converter will get you e.t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id run 2 pumps if running high 30's boost or have the entire baseline fueling changed and start with a lower fuel pressure to give the pump more room to work. Taller gearing and tightening the converter will get you e.t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great job , nice run !