New DR's, 6262, trans, 9.5" nlu, SLIC, ALKY= 12.293@111.05

Test & tune 2/14/14 with David Husek and Shev.

I had the alternator rebuilt. Changed it out and turned the boost back down to a measurable level right around 30lbs.

The first pass of the night, I was able to launch pretty hard, got a 1.53 short time and ran 11.2. This is my best 60ft yet!

Made 2 passes after that @ 11.3, and spun all the way to a 12.3 in between. All the mph's were 117-118.

I was set to turn it back up a couple lbs, and try to better the night's ET, but we saw some oil under the car. Turns out some trans fluid puked out the vent, so I decided to call it a night.

The best 2 logs I have, with comparable tunes & the 2 different converters are my 11.44 (8/31/13) & 11.30 (2/14/14). Here they are.

Attachments

• 11444.dat
    224.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 11308.dat
    203.1 KB · Views: 152
The logs look good, you can see the difference in rpm drop with the higher shift points. Dusty told me to get my shift rpm up to 5300-5400 and it made the same difference you have in these logs.
With your boost @ 30+ your injector duty cycle looks correct to me.

Thanks. Everything seems to be working well. The car, in my opinion, is good for solid low 11 sec passes at this point. Trying to tune much more beyond that, I found it to get border line.

whats your opinion on daves converter and transmission, honestly. I talked to him and he wants me to go with identical to what you have converter and all. just want someones honest opinion that has the same thing I am getting. pm me please about it

Alky is set on 7. Seems to be enough, because the car is running clean (no knock).

I'm going to write up a comparison in the trans talk section as soon as I get a little more time with it.

Any idea when you will have enough data to do the comparison?

In a nutshell I can tell you that both converters have their merits. The PTC couples up and makes mile-per-hour. The Husek 3021 is a little looser and gets the car moving with plenty of torque multiplication.

Nothing wrong with either one, just different. For my current set-up, the 3021 feels better on the street, is quicker in the 1/8th at the track & has netted my best 1/4 et so far (with more boost but less mph).

Turbo Negro--Any feedback on my above two posts? I am considering one of these tc's, but I need more info from a real time user. Thanks.

Sorry to have not replied sooner.

Do you have a Power Logger? If so, you can check out the logs posted above.

I was able to raise my 1-2 & 2-3 shift points from around 4900 to 5300 by switching converters. Both netted about a 500-600 rpm drop.

As a result, the Husek converter had better 1/8th mi and 1/4 mi ET's. This converter also works well for me on the street.

When pushed a little harder, I did get my highest mph through the 1/4 mi traps using the PTC, but my car was still quicker with the 3021.

Hope this helps.

This is a good example of why I try to match the operating range of the engine to the converter. In your case, the less efficient converter is allowing the engine to stay in a higher rpm range. Although it has more slip and less mph the engines average power throughout the run is helping et. The 0% slip number you had with the PTC indicated the converter was to tight. It needs to have some slip in order to multiply torque. It's a good example of why we don't get hung up on slip numbers.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thank you for the real world feedback Turbo Negro. I run FAST XFI, no Power Logger. Is the 3021 a l/u or non-l/u?

With these sub 11.5 times is your caged? What track you guys run at? Island atco raceway?

Not sure what the IDC was at 24lbs. I looked back at a few logs in the 11.7-8 et range and it looks like it was in the low 70's at that power level. My voltage was low at that time (12.8-13), as my alternator was on its way out.

After replacing the alternator voltage is back up to 13-13.5, and low 11et's with 10.8 AFR, the IDC is around 85%

Sorry to have not replied sooner.

Do you have a Power Logger? If so, you can check out the logs posted above.

I was able to raise my 1-2 & 2-3 shift points from around 4900 to 5300 by switching converters. Both netted about a 500-600 rpm drop.

As a result, the Husek converter had better 1/8th mi and 1/4 mi ET's. This converter also works well for me on the street.

When pushed a little harder, I did get my highest mph through the 1/4 mi traps using the PTC, but my car was still quicker with the 3021.

Hope this helps.
Just curious, what's your brake stall now at #0 with the new Husek converter?