new ebay headers

tom robison

ALL UP IN THEM GUTZ
has anyone who bought a set from jdmmotorz received them yet? just wondering how they look and fit for the money. and also there is another set on right now with buy it now for 299.99.

That and the fact that Google might show them or a company with a very similiar name as a Japanese motor importer/seller would worry me.

Its the same ones that ssautochrome sells.Bill Anderson said the x over had to be modified but that they were a heck of a deal,esp for $300. :)

Tom, let us all know how they fit and look (actually I'll be there when you get them ;) )......that we can get some actual feedback on these instead of people being afraid b/c a Buick vender is not selling them for $2,000.

KevinB said:
Tom, let us all know how they fit and look (actually I'll be there when you get them ;) )......that we can get some actual feedback on these instead of people being afraid b/c a Buick vender is not selling them for $2,000.

See post above.If Bill Anderson says theyre good for the $$$,you can take that to the bank;)Quickest turbo 6 in the land so we know he knows his $hit!!!

ahollowtub said:
See post above.If Bill Anderson says theyre good for the $$$,you can take that to the bank;)Quickest turbo 6 in the land so we know he knows his $hit!!!
Yeah, I take too much time to respond sometimes...it wasn't there when hit the reply tab. It's good to see he liked them. Looks like a killer deal to me :)

for 334.99 shipped , i'll take the chance and if they don't fit i will grind and weld them till they do. can't be scared to make things work!

tom robison said:
for 334.99 shipped , i'll take the chance and if they don't fit i will grind and weld them till they do. can't be scared to make things work!
That's for sure :p

I think im jumping on the waggon here. I love modifying stuff so i hope they dont fit. HAHA> i love tig welding :)

I did a buy it now. I will put them in my header jig and see if they match up to mine or the ATR.
Mike

Mike,

Thanks a lot, let us know what you find out.

QUOTE=Mike Licht]I did a buy it now. I will put them in my header jig and see if they match up to mine or the ATR.
Mike[/QUOTE]

What needs to be done to these headers:
-The v-band style flanges on the x-over will not work, they are too short and the clamp WILL NOT compress them together when tightened. Yo need to cut them all off, buy 4 new ones and weld them on
-The x-over will need to be completely revamped, you will have to buy a stainless 90deg elbow and weld it in place of the one on the pass side because the angle is not correct.
-The pass header where it connects to the x-over has a 45deg elbow that needs to be cut off and moved because the angle is wrong.
-When you buy pipe to repair these discrepencies, you will soon figure out the sizes are all metric! Try to find that stuff in stainless!

HI KARATE!

sounds like it is right up the ally for the guys who are not afraid to buy something and cut it up to make it work and save a bunch of money.