new ebay headers

Just put on some mild steel T/A headers, with 3lbs less boost I ran the same times as with the welded up stockers. The air was better that day but there is no question in my mind that my 45a spooled faster.
Install was easy on a lift but make sure to bend the cross over clamp.

yep, just because the stockers *can* run into the 10's doesnt mean there is not some performance to be gained from headers.:biggrin: IMO
btw, my ebay headers are still under the work bench too.
Ross

Or MAYBE they work once you get them on the car? The TA knockoffs that BA perfomance sent me to test fit were fine. Funny thing was he wanted me to sell them under my name and not his.
Mike

Hmm, back when I was looking into getting a set of headers, nearly everyone told me that headers wouldn't help until you were in the 10's, all I want is a tenth of a second, maybe I'll start looking into them again.

Hmm, back when I was looking into getting a set of headers, nearly everyone told me that headers wouldn't help until you were in the 10's, all I want is a tenth of a second, maybe I'll start looking into them again.
what is your combo? there may be a better way to get your tenth

I think what's holding me up is almost 6000' of thin air, poor 60's & high mileage:(. I won't even go to the track if it's over 70° out. I have outrun some guys who had heads/cam up here, but as usual, it's still not fast enough. Combo in sig;

That sixty is not good. What size are the DR's? Should easily be able to lower it. 18lbs in the tires, light burnout, keep rpms up through staging after 1st light give it gas and you will be in the 1.6's and your times will be better.

275/55/16 M&H DRs, the addition of drag shocks front & rear didn't help, removing front sway all together didn't help, switching to an aluminum front bumper support didn't help, footbrake or transbrake doesn't really make a difference. This car has never been able to 60', used to have airbags, now I only have one in the passenger side & I don't put too much pressure in it, around 4 or 5psi. I've even tried MT ET Streets, MT ET Drags (Both sets of MT tires were only 26" tall)

I appreciate your suggestions, I'll give it a try next time I'm out, track should open up in March sometime while there is still some cool air. I usually burn the tires too long I think.