new ebay headers

Pics

These are pics before I had the crossover welded up. Fit was barely off a little. Notice the edge of the pipe pushing out about 1/4 of an inch or so. This made sealing the flanges a little tougher since it was in a slight bind. I used gaskets and no leaks so far.
At worst case you could just cut the crossover in three peices and reweld them elliminating the bind on the flanges. No biggy.

Attachments

• PIC-0021.jpg
    PIC-0021.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 900
  • PIC-0031.jpg
    PIC-0031.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 879
  • PIC-0005.jpg
    PIC-0005.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 880
  • PIC-0018.jpg
    PIC-0018.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 881
Lets see if i can start another 14 pages of bitching and crying from some and pos feedback from others about a new set of headers i purchased that are probably made in china of some cheap ****ty ass stainless steal. that who knows if they will seal up. here are some pics and they went on without no mods at all. I installed them on my 57,000 mile 87 Gn that i purchased about 3 months ago.I did clean some of the flange welds up alittle, but other than that they look great,. They also have 2 o2 bungs installed.

its been over a year, i have sold all of my sets of junk headers, how many still using them and how are they holding up?

mine are still working, no leaks. etc.. but i wish i had spent the money on the TA's .. due to the slight turbo cocked on my set..

hey guys

I got my JDM motors ebay headers installed today.

The headers fit the heads and block great with no problems at all. the only problem that i ran into was the bottom bolt on the middle tube on the pass side header is entirely too close to the tubes. so a little bit of massaging with a hammer to clearance the tube and it fit using a 3/8 header bolt in that hole.

The cross over fits very good no modding there. The only problem that i have is there is a small leak where the cross over pipe slips together. but thats nothing a band clamp can't fix.

Now the THDP will fit bit you will need a hott wrench to heat up the pipe and dent in the side of the pipe to get it to clear the crossover. OR you can just get a 1/2 inch spacer to go between the turbo and the downpipe.

I just chose to clearance the DP since the pipe has had some other clearnace issues before that had to be pounding out

i will take pics of it tomorrow.

Also i'm going to take some back pressure reading with the new headers to see if changing the headers has made a diffrence in the pre-turbine back pressure.

I have noticed a big difference in the tip-in response on the throttle.

Yeah the headers now have a nice blue tint to them at the flanges and a really nice bronze color every where else.

you really can't go wrong with them. i gave 189 buck plus shipping and that was like 28 bucks

UPDATE:

ok guys(jan 11 2007) here is when i installed my jdm motorz headers and they have done very well. no cracks at all they have turned a even duller shade of bronze/ tarnished color.but other than that they are still there.

I do believe that i would have had to reweld my stockers again in that amount of time.

so i think that i have got my money worth out .

Ebay Header updates!

How is everyone's Ebay Headers doing? Any cracks? cant get them to seal? Well I've had it with the ones on my Gold T, so I took them off and welded up the old stockers and put them back on. Its Quiet as a mouse and I got my low end torque back. I've been to the muffler shop too many times trying to make them work. They leaked a little too much and it was enough to drive me crazy :mad:

Anyone else?

Jason

How is everyone's Ebay Headers doing? Any cracks? cant get them to seal? Well I've had it with the ones on my Gold T, so I took them off and welded up the old stockers and put them back on. Its Quiet as a mouse and I got my low end torque back. I've been to the muffler shop too many times trying to make them work. They leaked a little too much and it was enough to drive me crazy :mad:

Anyone else?

Jason

Yeah they are garbage nothings changed

When I got mine they sent me 2 sets of headers... The one set I used lined up just fine ...NO cutting etc the cross over needed a ban type clamp...for the money I saved I got more items from our vendors....O-yea I also got the "Ebay ATR FMIC for $150" :eek: and for the $$$$ H$!! it will work for now :D

Well, THEY FIT!!!! I ordered a set of the styledjdm. I was expecting the worst, and hoping for the best. They first sent me the set with two of the same elbows! I said here we go, and it wasn't the style ordered! Then talking to a girl who had no idea what i was trying to tell her"I got to of the same Elbow's, i need the other one". Then they said they stop making the style i saw on the site due to fit issues. Finally a guy got on the phone, isent him a picture of what i had, and he saw that i had two of the same elbow, and sent the right one. I received it today, did alittle port work, because my head been ported, had one bolt hole needed to be open a hair, and the crossover fit like a glove!!! I was shocked. Need better V clamps, but all in all the crossover cant leak the way they made it. For $199 shipped i wont complain.

That's good. You've made it past the first stage. Now all you have to hope for is that you don't burn through them on your first pass :wink:

I think longevity is the big question. As others have stated, high quality materials are not cheap.