new ebay headers

That's good. You've made it past the first stage. Now all you have to hope for is that you don't burn through them on your first pass :wink:

I think longevity is the big question. As others have stated, high quality materials are not cheap.
Well i burn thru the $600 dollar ones costantly, so if i do i wont feel as bad!

Here is a mod i did to a set to keep them from leaking at the flanges
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...80-my-header-crossover-flanges-leak-free.html
Nice solution, i need those good v-bands, but i will use the cheap ones for now. They made the cross over like a sleeve, cant explain it, but it looks leak proof. It's also change. The pass side header reach down pass the starter, and the driver side reach almost the same, and then there's two parts that slide into each other, really tight fit, but allows you to adjust so hearder flange mate flush.

i just looked i see on ebay they have the ATR style or TA style, which ones did you get?

My ebay headers fit better then the $700 ta headers i bought.... They did need some fabbing on the xover. But the ta's needed more

Well i burn thru the $600 dollar ones costantly, so if i do i wont feel as bad!
What are you doing, that you're 'burning thru' several 600 dollar header sets? My mechanic has a 9 second Gn, with the stock headers on there from 87, and they're still on there.....

And this leads this to my next comment. Unless yours are constantly cracking, or you're wanting to bust into the 8's, I'd use the free stock ones.

header

Has anyone seen the headers from 2kracing.com? 312 dollers berfore shipping. And I think they look good...don't know if they fit but I am going to order a set tomorrow and I did call them and they said it would. Fit on a 87 gn...

2 words... Good Luck..... :wink: ....stock headers are good down to the 10's... why are you replacing them??

Where in 'Bama??? :)

Edit: ohhh man.... just looked at them.... look like every other ebay header I've ever seen.... which is to say.... NOT GOOD... but I wish you luck!, if you must.... do a search on here for 'ebay headers', and think twice before doing it!!! Hope you can and like to weld like a mofo!...if they even come close to fitting properly, they will probably be cracking very soon...

Edit again... oh crap... just realized this is the 400th something post on this thread.... do you mean to tell me you've read all this crap and are still willing to give them a try???

Not trying to be a pain, but you would think there would be a ton off them for sale with all the bad response about them. I know alot of folks bought them, and them complained about them. Just thinking out loud.

I purchased a set of these so called headers from ssautochrome to replace my leaky stockers. They didn't fit and leak worse than cracked stockers. the 3' downpipe needed to be dented and the bolts they sent with is were stainless and galled up when i tried to remove. I would highly recommend buying proven headers and not trying to save a buck here.

Not trying to be a pain, but you would think there would be a ton off them for sale with all the bad response about them. I know alot of folks bought them, and them complained about them. Just thinking out loud.

If I sold them and the buyer had no luck either they may just have the nerve to ask for their money back. Also, most have made adjustments(grind, welded, cut, and drilled) to them in an attempt to make them fit. Last but not least, just about everyone agrees that they are junk. Not a good selling point.

not to continue to pummel this horse but..... OP did state he picked up 2mph with no other changes using ebay headers. :D
Ross

Maybe his stock manifolds were cracked really bad;)
Or MAYBE they work once you get them on the car? The TA knockoffs that BA perfomance sent me to test fit were fine. Funny thing was he wanted me to sell them under my name and not his.
Mike