new ebay headers

didnt have one when the car was bought. i perfer to run without one anyway.. lets some of the heat out from the converter

didnt have one when the car was bought. i perfer to run without one anyway.. lets some of the heat out from the converter
Have you installed a trans temp gauge on a car before to see if it really makes that big of a difference? I have not thought of this before. I am curious at how effective this can be. I don't run my turbo shield for the same purposes.

Sorry to hi-jack this thread!

seems to me, and this is just me, that there is an even split here of both those that love to hate the headers and those that love to modify them after purchase. I could just be thinking logically here, but if these headers require modifications, and many at that, to fit our cars properly, even though they advertise them to fit, Wouldn't it make sense to NOT purchase them and address the problem to the manufacturers that they dont fit, and if we dont buy them, they have no choice but to fix the problem to make money? I mean, we ARE the TR community, we ARE the TARGET CONSUMER, They cant go to someone else to sell these headers, it stops right here, with us. I am aware that the customer support is none, and that these are made more than likely in a communist country, but this thread was started around the same time I needed new headers, (drivers side go bang), and so far I hear alot of negativity towards them, and positivity towards inexpensive "fixes" to get your car back on the road with youre newly modified new headers. Be part of the solution, or keep it to yourself, you give them money, they no fixy the bad workmanship. Thats just my .02, but what do I know, I didnt stay at a Holiday Inn last night

I just looked one more time at that auction and noticed that just about every word is misssspelled, I guess you cant really complain, since these headers are brand new never trying to use, CNC machine Flinges, fits 86 87 Grand Nanational, INCREASE 52HP!!! Where the crap did they find one to even PUT on a dyno?

seems to me, and this is just me, that there is an even split here of both those that love to hate the headers and those that love to modify them after purchase. I could just be thinking logically here, but if these headers require modifications, and many at that, to fit our cars properly, even though they advertise them to fit, Wouldn't it make sense to NOT purchase them and address the problem to the manufacturers that they dont fit, and if we dont buy them, they have no choice but to fix the problem to make money? I mean, we ARE the TR community, we ARE the TARGET CONSUMER, They cant go to someone else to sell these headers, it stops right here, with us. I am aware that the customer support is none, and that these are made more than likely in a communist country, but this thread was started around the same time I needed new headers, (drivers side go bang), and so far I hear alot of negativity towards them, and positivity towards inexpensive "fixes" to get your car back on the road with youre newly modified new headers. Be part of the solution, or keep it to yourself, you give them money, they no fixy the bad workmanship. Thats just my .02, but what do I know, I didnt stay at a Holiday Inn last night

I wonder what percentage of the buyers on ebay are members of this board? maybe half? maybe less? A lot of buyers don't do the bulletin board thing like we do.

Also, I thought that some buyers had tried to contact the seller but they either got no reply or were told they don't care?

It would make sense to me that if you had a pair that didn't fit, and you tried to contact the seller and got nothing for your efforts, that you would want to leave negative (or neutral) feedback saying that the headers won't fit without SERIOUS modifications. If all the buyers that had problems did that, maybe the seller would do something, maybe not. The seller has like 1,000 sales a day or something, so they may not even care...

I think people forget, that nine-times-out-of-ten, unless it is a GM original or replacement part, a good probability exsists that it will need some "massaging" to happily fit. I have seen it in most aftermarket applications from Buicks to motorcycles. Even from "brand name" Buick vendors' parts. Its part of the price of "doing business", unless you drive a stocker. I started following this thread, searching for an alternative to a high dollar set of replacement headers, in case my thrice-repaired stock headers break. And I think I have found that alternative in this very helpful thread, if the need arises. I'm not knocking anyone's aftermarket parts, as once past fitment issues in some cases, they performed as advertised and I have NO complaints! People should remember they're dealing with high performance, not stock replacement, parts. Keep the helpful tips coming!

Thanks,
Ed

I wonder what percentage of the buyers on ebay are members of this board? maybe half? maybe less? A lot of buyers don't do the bulletin board thing like we do.

Also, I thought that some buyers had tried to contact the seller but they either got no reply or were told they don't care?

It would make sense to me that if you had a pair that didn't fit, and you tried to contact the seller and got nothing for your efforts, that you would want to leave negative (or neutral) feedback saying that the headers won't fit without SERIOUS modifications. If all the buyers that had problems did that, maybe the seller would do something, maybe not. The seller has like 1,000 sales a day or something, so they may not even care...

That's what I don't understand. It seem that everybody (to a man) that has bought the cheap headers off ebay, have had to "cut this" or "cut that", or modify them in one form or another just to get them to mount up in the car (not on an engine stand) :rolleyes:

Why then isn't there more negative feedback being left about fitment????

That's what I don't understand. It seem that everybody (to a man) that has bought the cheap headers off ebay, have had to "cut this" or "cut that", or modify them in one form or another just to get them to mount up in the car (not on an engine stand) :rolleyes:

Probably because most people leave feedback as soon as they get them and comment the looks only before they even get around to installing them. By the time they get installed, its at least a couple weeks later...then they find out fitment issues (like me, lol).
:cool:

great product, only had to get new motor mounts, reweld a few joints, buy new clamps, beat on the crossover, weld in O2 bunghole, would recommend/buy again, A++++++.

I'll pass, I'll never surpass the stocker limits anyways.

I'll pass, I'll never surpass the stocker limits anyways.

The reason some venture off and buy these is not always because they are exceeding the limits of the stockers. I bought mine because I was tired of constantly fixing cracked stockers. If the stockers never cracked as often as they do, I wouldn't have felt the need to try something else.

As far as exceeding limits, its like saying Ill never port my heads because I will never exceed the limits of bone stock heads. You port your heads to HELP performance...same reason you put a performance exhaust system on or cold air intake or larger turbos..

My take on that is I personally don't care for what is currently on the market. I would rather have to cut and weld a bit than start from scratch and make my own. :eek: :D

The reason some venture off and buy these is not always because they are exceeding the limits of the stockers. I bought mine because I was tired of constantly fixing cracked stockers. If the stockers never cracked as often as they do, I wouldn't have felt the need to try something else.

As far as exceeding limits, its like saying Ill never port my heads because I will never exceed the limits of bone stock heads. You port your heads to HELP performance...same reason you put a performance exhaust system on or cold air intake or larger turbos..

It takes all kinds. :wink: If my headers go south again, I'll buy the kirban replacement. I was just satiring the feedback statement. My reasoning for spending more money ceramic coating my stockers as opposed to buying the Ebay headers was the design itself. All that extra metal surface is way too much heat and pipe for me.

It takes all kinds. :wink: If my headers go south again, I'll buy the kirban replacement. I was just satiring the feedback statement. My reasoning for spending more money ceramic coating my stockers as opposed to buying the Ebay headers was the design itself. All that extra metal surface is way too much heat and pipe for me.

I kind of see your point about the design but, couldn't the ebay headers or any other header be ceramic coated to help with heat problems too. In any case, good luck with your project. I think I seen your pics in the lounge. Cool car.
Derek:cool:

So what I gather is there will never be a solution, because the seller is making a killing on doing half the work. He should just sell one PERFECTLY MADE header and half a crossover pipe, and then let the buyer fabricate its mate from scratch, or EVEN BETTER, send you the pipes and then you weld it together yourself, just like the Summit racing DIY header kits for V8s. Either way, my stockers are now welded for the THIRD time, and they fit nice and where they should, after they break again (because they will), Im headed to Nicks house to buy a set of better ones.

The bottom line is if you guys dont like the headers dont buy them .We all know customer service sucks ,so dont deal with them. I bought them knowing the mods i had to make .I did the fabbing & they fit great . Agian this tread is to help the people that bought the headers ,not to talk about why we should or should not purchase these poorly made product .

The bottom line is if you guys dont like the headers dont buy them .We all know customer service sucks ,so dont deal with them. I bought them knowing the mods i had to make .I did the fabbing & they fit great . Agian this tread is to help the people that bought the headers ,not to talk about why we should or should not purchase these poorly made product .
excellent point !!

"New Ebay Headers" will they need mods to fit and seal right...yeah.

Attachments

• th_beating_2Da_2Ddead_2Dhorse-1.gif
    th_beating_2Da_2Ddead_2Dhorse-1.gif
    70 KB · Views: 473
Personally I own a TR cz I like to modify things. When Im done it give me a sense of satisfaction. Sure they could make them RIGHT the first time but then they are gonna charge what everyone else does. I personally would rather save a couple hundred bucks and spend a couple hours fixing them if needed but thats just me. Its not like we dont spend hours working on these things anyhow, so why not save some money while doing so? To each his own I guess tho. But I JUST ORDERED a set and look forward to the challenge.

In my opinion they are well are well worth the money if you like to tinker and fab .They look good ,sound good ,ill let you know about the performance part of it on a later date ,but i recommend new vband clamps the ones that come with them are very cheap....good luck with your install