new ebay headers

If someone were to buy a large supply of the Chinese knock offs, spend hours on making them fit 100% and GUARANTEE they fit, would they be marketable? Would people be willing to pay the extra amount to cover the labor cost or would they say "why should I pay $400 for these when I can get them off EBay for $200"??????

To me, time is money, so for $399.99 I would opt for guaranteed fit. But the real reason I opted to ceramic coat my stock ones as opposed to buying the Ebay headers is I don't want that crossover pipe sitting beside a header, sitting beside a 3 inch downpipe, too much exhaust and heat for my taste and end goal.

They are out of business because of their high prices and quite possibly the other vendors put them out of business with lower prices. The ATR exhaust is still in high demand and still fetch BIG bucks even though there's other headers on the market. My post with pictures is an excellent example which explains that you don't always get what you pay for. Americans want something for nothing...we are greedy bastards and we go for the lowest price possible even if it's from China.

Anyone have an old catalog where they say their headers will never crack? :rolleyes:

WELL SAID TURBO1DR !!!! WE ARE ALL CHEAP AND WANT SOMETHING FOR NOTHING . JUST BECAUSE ITS MORE $$$ DOESNT ALWAYS MEAN ITS BETTER ...

If someone were to buy a large supply of the Chinese knock offs, spend hours on making them fit 100% and GUARANTEE they fit, would they be marketable? Would people be willing to pay the extra amount to cover the labor cost or would they say "why should I pay $400 for these when I can get them off EBay for $200"??????

Maybe not quite $400 - but like $325-$350. To be honest, even though I bought the coated TA headers, if someone were selling the 'ebay' headers tweaked for a guaranteed fit and upgraded clamps for $350 I'd have done that.

Jim

Sometimes this site is useless.

We have guys that don't buy the ebay headers but bash it anyway just to make them feel better and then we have guys that buy the product and give bottom line results and nobody is listening.

This was the best $200 bucks spent on my car for the money, period. The guys sitting on the side line not sure to pull the trigger or not, go for it.

My stock headers had to be welded up time after time so it was a no brainer.

V-Band Clamp

What size V-Band Clamp are you guys using? I thought someone said they were using the 2.25 clamps? My pipe measures 2 1/2" and flange end to end is 3". Will the 2.25 V-Band Clamp work or should I use 2.5?

if someone were selling the 'ebay' headers tweaked for a guaranteed fit and upgraded clamps for $350 I'd have done that.

Jim

me 2

What size V-Band Clamp are you guys using? I thought someone said they were using the 2.25 clamps? My pipe measures 2 1/2" and flange end to end is 3". Will the 2.25 V-Band Clamp work or should I use 2.5?

Im working on this right now.. If somebody else knows.. please post up where you got them etc..

as of this evening.. im considering cutting off the vband connections and using these instead
tn4_1473453.jpg

If its successfull i'll post up detailed pics

Use the 2.5 not the 2.25, they will not fit the pipes are metric but the 2.5 will do the job. Pace get the 2.5 clamps they work just fine the supplied clamps are junk.

get these type i have zero leaks with them i wanted to leave the slip joint alone without welding for ease of dissasembly and mine is a dd with over 2k on these headers and no leaks nadda, people comment on how good they look also best 400 i've spent since welding my stockers became such a PIA. look around the web these clamps can be had for as little as 19 a piece you'll find them, if i get a chance i'll post the site.

Attachments

• 1170_v1.jpg
    1170_v1.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 395
  • 1489c_v1.jpg
    1489c_v1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 395
get these type i have zero leaks with them i wanted to leave the slip joint alone without welding for ease of dissasembly and mine is a dd with over 2k on these headers and no leaks nadda, people comment on how good they look also best 400 i've spent since welding my stockers became such a PIA.

Would you happen to have any info on them? part numbers, ebay link, company contact info?

I just ordered them myself. two of them to your door is around $43 bucks ouch!