new ebay headers

So basically, if you don't have the means to cut and re-weld these things yourself, you won't be saving any money over a $600 set of T/A headers? (Which rock, btw.. :cool: )

you could asume that till someone recieves a set from jdmmotorz and tries a set. that was my question in the first post. can't knock em till someone tries em.

I just did a search and they (jdmmotorz) have nothing listed. When did you see their headers last!!!

About two month ago, one of the local GN guys here bought their headers. The headers he received had incomplete welds. They would not fix or take them back and they were rude to talk to.

So he offered the headers for sale on ebay, with a more than honest description of the header for a few bucks less than what jdmmotorz was selling for. A couple of days later... his header auction disappeared!!!!

You should have seen the negative responses that some of the buyers put down & some of them were legit issues. What was worse was jdmmotorz responses... down right rude!!! After checking later... most of the negative feedbacks were MUTUALLY WITHDRAWN so there is no rating now.

I saw at least one other negative feedback on the GN headers.

dave

this was a thread asking a question about if anybody had recieved a set yet and if they fit. not about where they are madeor if the seller has negative feedback.

Tom

I think you've made up your mind and want to buy... so go for it.

You could be one of the 1180+ buyers that leaves a positive comment.

dave

In searching Ebay completed items for these headers, you can see where multiple sets have sold, yet last time I checked there was no feedback stating whether or not they fit/worked properly.

This would be an obovious way to make a well informed purchase.

The only supposedly usable info so far in from EightSecV6, & for that I say thank you Sir!

Still waiting to see pictures of these things mounted, chopped & fixed or not.

I bought a set. The crossover pipe does not fit. There is just not enough clearance on the passenger side around the rear primary, the downpipe and suspension pieces. I have pics that I will post later. I emailed ssauthochrome to return and was told they will send to the "owner" for resolution. It has been about a week and I have heard nothing. They have no phone number to contact.

EightSecV6 said:
What needs to be done to these headers:
-The v-band style flanges on the x-over will not work, they are too short and the clamp WILL NOT compress them together when tightened. Yo need to cut them all off, buy 4 new ones and weld them on
-The x-over will need to be completely revamped, you will have to buy a stainless 90deg elbow and weld it in place of the one on the pass side because the angle is not correct.
-The pass header where it connects to the x-over has a 45deg elbow that needs to be cut off and moved because the angle is wrong.
-When you buy pipe to repair these discrepencies, you will soon figure out the sizes are all metric! Try to find that stuff in stainless!

HI KARATE!

Tin Man.....see above! :biggrin:

all of the above mention of headers that have not fit properly have been purchased from ssautochrome, not jdmmotorz.I have made a purchase from ssautochrome and they did have problems with returning emails to me, i did get the parts in a timely fashion and it was the right part,but poor customer service. So far this week i have asked a few question to jdmmotorz and all my emails have been returned within 24hours.

EightSecV6 said:
What needs to be done to these headers:
-The v-band style flanges on the x-over will not work, they are too short and the clamp WILL NOT compress them together when tightened. Yo need to cut them all off, buy 4 new ones and weld them on
-The x-over will need to be completely revamped, you will have to buy a stainless 90deg elbow and weld it in place of the one on the pass side because the angle is not correct.
-The pass header where it connects to the x-over has a 45deg elbow that needs to be cut off and moved because the angle is wrong.
-When you buy pipe to repair these discrepencies, you will soon figure out the sizes are all metric! Try to find that stuff in stainless!

HI KARATE!

No, EightSecV6 has already described what it takes to fix the jdmmotorz headers. I personally bought some SBC headers from ssautochrome, and they can't even get those right. I can't imagine how bad they'd screw up some buick turbo headers. It seems the bottom line is both are sub-par, but with a little "massaging" both can be made to work. I read a while back that the ssautochrome buick turbo headers created turbo lag, but the jdmmotorz look a bit safer to try imo, even if they did swap the pictures from external wastegate to internal??? And they had no idea what I was talking about when I asked them about it..... :eek:

All this stuff is mass produced somewhere in asia....I don't think they spend enough time to ever get them right..... :( One thing's for sure though, they are cheap, but remember; you get what you pay for!

i thought i read somewhere that the headers eightsecv6 was talking about was ssautochrome, maybe he can post something to clear up where they are from.

The Machine said:
I read a while back that the ssautochrome buick turbo headers created turbo lag,
Are you sure you are not talking about Hooker headers? I have never heard this about the JDM or SSauto headers.