no2 to spool turbo

That was my point, if you just change your heads like you mentioned you would not pick up 400 hp the TOTAL package would have to be revamped.
Yes, I knew that Tony. I actually have a Stage II configuration worked out. And, it's not just a head change.

Our ex wheel and housing is much smaller than what you currantly run hence the higher bp numbers, but yes we are running a bit more boost than your currently at. Did you plan on making big power running low boost ?
No, that wasn't the plan. The short block is setup for 40-45 psi boost. The present heads are going to choke out before that happens.

You guys keep asking how much fuel I'm using. You do remember I'm burning methanol, right?

So you guys have been comparing my ride to a class that allows Stage II heads? LOL! Dang! Now I really feel honored!

No I compared it earlier to Don Cruzs TSM car, stock block 71 turbo 3560 lbs 124+ mph in the 1/8 I think that is a closer comparison. I belive you were the one asking the questions about TSO, and no we are not comparing your car to a TSO car. What we were comparing was cars running your style heads are not any slower than cars running stage heads in TSO.

No I compared it earlier to Don Cruzs TSM car, stock block 71 turbo 3560 lbs 124+ mph in the 1/8 I think that is a closer comparison. I belive you were the one asking the questions about TSO, and no we are not comparing your car to a TSO car. What we were comparing was cars running your style heads are not any slower than cars running stage heads in TSO.
But then, there are other rules that put a clamp on the use of the Stage II heads. Am I right?

No, that wasn't the plan. The short block is setup for 40-45 psi boost. The present heads are going to choke out before that happens.

What information are you basing this on? Your more restrictive head and low b/p ratio would lead me to question this.

But then, there are other rules that put a clamp on the use of the Stage II heads. Am I right?

Not much of a "clamp". They currently have a slight weight penalty if they run a certain turbo.

How many #/hour of fuel are you using at full boost?

Don't forget, Tony. 210 cfm. I'll bet Don's heads flow much better than that.

Don't forget, Tony. 210 cfm. I'll bet Don's heads flow much better than that.

yes they do, but then again his combo is making more power.

if your bp# are low, where is the choke happening ? if we are at 1.8 ratio and your at .90 ratio what would lead you to belive the heads are anywhere near done.

if your bp# are low, where is the choke happening ? if we are at 1.8 ratio and your at .90 ratio what would lead you to belive the heads are done.

But that ratio is due to the size of the exh. turbine & housing, right?

I am by far slower than all you guys, but I am gonna have a hard time believing that a head that flows 210 is enough for what Don is trying to do. I would say it's gotta be a limiting factor.

What information are you basing this on? Your more restrictive head and low b/p ratio would lead me to question this.
This is how I look at it. The heads are going to hit the velocity wall before I will get the needed exhaust mass to turn this big turbine wheel to supply big boost numbers. Especially, with the absense of back pressure.
It's going to take a lot of exhaust mass to spin this turbo to that boost level. If the intake side chokes before I can obtain the needed exhaust mass, I'm not going to see big boost numbers. Those are my assumptions since I don't have any real world experience to guide me.
I figure the best I'll be able to do is around 35 psi boost, with an upgraded fuel system.

I am by far slower than all you guys, but I am gonna have a hard time believing that a head that flows 210 is enough for what Don is trying to do. I would say it's gotta be a limiting factor.

Sure its limiting, the turbo will push thru the flow. At 28# of boost is his heads only flowing 210 cfm ? so what if you took it to 40# what would the heads flow be then? small heads = more boost- big heads = less boost

if your bp# are low, where is the choke happening ? if we are at 1.8 ratio and your at .90 ratio what would lead you to belive the heads are anywhere near done.
It has to do with the velocity mach number through the intake port. There is a point where the flow velocity through the intake port is high enough that flow becomes greatly restricted. The intake port becomes the ultimate choke point of the whole system.
Remember that I'm also flowing a lot of fuel through the port which also takes up room.

Keep in mind, that 210 cfm only has to feed a 37 ci cylinder.

It has to do with the velocity mach number through the intake port. There is a point where the flow velocity through the intake port is high enough that flow becomes greatly restricted. The intake port becomes the ultimate choke point of the whole system.
Remember that I'm also flowing a lot of fuel through the port which also takes up room.

How much fuel are you flowing ? and do you know at what point the velocity of flow becomes a restriction are you able to measure this in real world ?

I believe I'm burning around 240 lbs/hr.
I could be wrong. These are the specs of my fuel system.
Base fuel pressure: 45
Boost referenced fuel regulator 1:1
6 - 160 lb/hr injectors running at 72% DC at 300 kPa MAP/7800 rpm
6 - constant flow injectors with the following rating: 97.4 lb/hr @ 30 psi using gasoline for the rating. Running at the same fuel pressure as the e-injectors, boost referenced the same.
The amount of fuel burned per 1/8 mile pass is 1 to 1.5 gallons including running to the staging lanes and returning to the pits. No towing. A 1/4 pass can burn 3 gallons if there is a lot of running to move up in the staging lanes.