Pypes STAINLESS Exhaust System..

Just bought my pypes system today from summit....will post video of how it sounds

Nice, and let us know how much you end up cutting off the tail pipes to get it to fit properly, just curious if all the kits need the same amount of cutting.

I ordered one,haven't installed it yet. Definitely not stainless though.

My mufflers are straight through.Nice exhaust for the money.

All Pypes exhaust systems are stainless. The G-body systems are all made from 409 stainless steel which is magnetic.

What makes you think it is not stainless?

I've only had pypes on my daily driven mustang and from my experience it fit fine, looked fine and was priced fine :)

I've never had a problem with it and it was on the car for two years.. I just sold the kit to go with something else but over all i'd have to say the quality was pretty decent especially for the price

anyway, finally got the Pypes system completely installed to my satisfaction several days ago. The first thing I'd like to say is, yes, the "Race Pro" mufflers do sound VERY good! Actually, they sound almost exactly like the ATR "Pit Bull" mufflers I used to own which is what I was hoping for. That's not surprising since they are similar in construction. By the time I was done I made the following modifications or additions to the kit:

1. Bought new stainless mounting bolts - bolts provided with kit were too short and not stainless
2. purchased stainless band clamps to use in place of the plated steel U-bolts supplied with kit - the supplied U-bolts would have probably worked fine, but band clamps seal better and allow the pipes to be disassembled and repositioned much easier than U-clamps.
3. had to trim passenger tailpipe exit to match driver's side
4. had to trim both intermediate pipe exits where they slide into mufflers to allow tailpipe "humps" to shift forward to clear axle housing

Rob

Just installed the Pypes exhaust on my TR. It is very quiet, nothing like the ATR exhaust that I have on my other car. Also has that drone that some people don't like at around 2000 rpm.

$306 and some change out the door/to your door.
I got the race pros. Switched from Hooker,and the race pro is a lil quieter than the Hooker system at idle, about the same at WOT(maybe a lil bit deeper sound) I have mine installed, but did have to take about 1 1/2" off the front of the tail pipes where they go into the muffler to clear the rear end w/o hitting

I didn't have to do any cutting. Over the axle pipes fit fine. Just drilled a couple holes in the frame for the hangers. I thought the Pypes sounded a little louder/throatier at idle, but about the same at WOT, as my Hooker exhaust. I also bought the Race Pros. As stated before, install this system from the rear, as it is a real tight fit.

I just Installed the Pypes system on my 85 regal! It has a 86/87 turbo setup! The system is very quiet!! Fit was good,all I had to do was cut the Tail pipes an inch by the mufflers! My ATR system on my 86 GN is much louder. You cant beat the system for the money! But if you like noise,better look else where or keep your dump open! Craig

Fit was good,all I had to do was cut the Tail pipes an inch by the muffler!

I just installed this system on a customers GN. The fit was really good and it was quiet. All I done is cut the tail pipes about an inch and bolted it on.

I too just installed mine about two weeks ago, and I think that bang for the buck it was great! Nice fit, I too cut about an inch off towards the tips to make them line up the way I wanted, but those things come with buying a kit if you want it to line up right. No clearance problems yet.

My first impression was: quiet, nice! That's what I was looking for.

As for performance, I haven't noticed a difference yet between open dump and closed. However I'll have to test to really see.

Drone issues aren't as bad as most, I have a slight drone like said around 2K rpm so if you lock your converter and drive about 55-60 on the freeway it is a little annoying, however I drive 70-80 on the freeway and it is very quiet.

Overall, I'm very happy with the system and would recommend it to those who are looking for a quiet system.

correct me if im wrong but i can only find Pypes on summit for $365 and Hooker is $369. Wouldnt it be wiser to go ahead and get the Hooker? I only ask cause I'm gonna be ordering some soon.

Look up PYE-SGG50R on Summits site! Thats the number for the $294.95 system!! I just bought 1 in March and installed a few weeks ago!! Craig

correct me if im wrong but i can only find Pypes on summit for $365 and Hooker is $369. Wouldnt it be wiser to go ahead and get the Hooker? I only ask cause I'm gonna be ordering some soon.

The Pypes is stainless steel so it should last longer than the Hooker. My Pypes replaced my Hooker so I can speak from experience-they sound about the same-very quiet.

what systems have a little more throat to them? i want it louder but not obnoxious. Somewhere inbetween quiet and loud

what systems have a little more throat to them? i want it louder but not obnoxious. Somewhere inbetween quiet and loud

The Pypes G-body exhaust systems are available with your choice of 3 different mufflers.

The Street Pro sounds like what you are looking for. They are more aggressive at idle which will give you a smooth muscle car tone. The muffler tones down at cruising rpm's. The part number is SGG50S

Hey Brandon- I put Pypes chrome tips on my tail pipes but they stick out too far. I removed them and the tail pipe is just about perfect, maybe an inch too short. Why are people cutting the tail pipes? If I cut mine, it will only be so the chrome tips look better.

Hey Brandon- I put Pypes chrome tips on my tail pipes but they stick out too far. I removed them and the tail pipe is just about perfect, maybe an inch too short. Why are people cutting the tail pipes? If I cut mine, it will only be so the chrome tips look better.

Our customers usually like the stainless tip (EVT49) to be even with the body line of the rear 1/4 or sticking out a little. Some are cutting the tailpipe to slide the tip on further. It is all preference.

just ordered from summit, they price matshed jegs . they also have it in stiock jegs has a 2 week back order.