STEP BY STEP ENGINE REBUILD!

What paint did you use on the headers? Everything looks good.
I kinda cheaped out on the paint and bought bbq paint always did the trick with my chevy! But i dont know with a turbo car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so this is where i am at right now more info to come

ezu6uru4.jpg
this is really going to make that snow blower sitting to the left haul a$$ !!! Can't wait to see a video of the first Pass !!!

this is really going to make that snow blower sitting to the left haul a$$ !!! Can't wait to see a video of the first Pass !!!
Lol i should try that could blow snow over my second neigbors house and watch out when i hit boost lolol

Are the silver stripes on the valve covers/doghouse painted or did you just sand off the black paint for the original color to show? Looks good either way. Keep the pics coming!

Are the silver stripes on the valve covers/doghouse painted or did you just sand off the black paint for the original color to show? Looks good either way. Keep the pics coming!
Hi there rick for your info they where sanded down to the metal i like the look also!

Thanks for watching and your comment!

Man I never had an issue with the GM grommet.. a little WD40 and it slips right in..

May want to put on a new O2 while your at this point. If you haven't replaced the radiator, you may want to consider ditching the oil cooler.

Man I never had an issue with the GM grommet.. a little WD40 and it slips right in..

May want to put on a new O2 while your at this point. If you haven't replaced the radiator, you may want to consider ditching the oil cooler.
Why ditch the oil cooler?

Why ditch the oil cooler?

Highly debated if you search, but many don't run an oil cooler. It's believed that it's more of an oil heater than a cooler. True oil "coolers" aren't attached to a hot radiator.

Debris gets stuck in the oil cooler and then gets sent all through your nice new build ruining it in a few hundred miles.

Can you guys help me here trying to put back the crank sensor but canot figure out there a long skinny bolt going right true the bracket of crank sensor what is it for???

ebequsyh.jpg

But how does the cam sensor not move cause now its all loose?

The skinny bolt is for hold the sensor postion after you set the clearance to the interruptor ring on the balancer hub.

The skinny bolt is for hold the sensor postion after you set the clearance to the interruptor ring on the balancer hub.
Can you please tell me how to set that clearence and that bolt does not even touch the sensor is that normal?

Can you please tell me how to set that clearence and that bolt does not even touch the sensor is that normal?

The sensor should not interfere with the interrupter ring. Use a cut up plastic 2 liter to measure the clearance between the sensor and the interrupter ring at all three stop. When it clears, you tighten that cinch bolt to hold the sensor in place.

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/cranksensor.htm

I dont have the instructions with me but gnttype.org may have the clearance specs. I believe it is .020 to .030 with a feeler guage, you just dont want it to rub the interruptor at all. The bolt works like a C-clamp on the sensor, there should be little groves that help it lock in. Do not over tighten the bolt, just snug so the sensor is firmly held.

Make sure you use the correct sensor slot, only 1 has the hall effect cell....... I dont remember which one it is?