STEP BY STEP ENGINE REBUILD!

Get a new grommet for the PCV from GM and a new PCV
Converter ballooned or splines on stator have issues if the thrust went out.
Typically the "Right Stuff" is used instead of the push in seals on the rear cap. You squeeze right stuff into the cavity until it oozes out the front and back.

Get a new grommet for the PCV from GM and a new PCV
Converter ballooned or splines on stator have issues if the thrust went out.
Typically the "Right Stuff" is used instead of the push in seals on the rear cap. You squeeze right stuff into the cavity until it oozes out the front and back.
Where can i get a grommet like that?
And i already asked this but but i can i see if my converter balloned? Any signs?
I used both the squeeze seal and right stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where can i get a grommet like that?
And i already asked this but but i can i see if my converter balloned? Any signs?
I used both the squeeze seal and right stuff!

Your local GM dealer ;) still available..

Take the converter to a converter shop.. place that rebuilds/builds converters

The pcv grommet from GM will be too tight for the pcv to slide into. You need to get the one from Kirban which Richard Clark designed.

If it's too tight you end up pushing the pcv and the grommet into the valley pan.

Heres the short block!
ma2amu7y.jpg
a7atu4yq.jpg
aranyteb.jpg

Next taking water pump off!

Exhaust valve in wrong hole in head. Or is it my old eyes? John

I wonder if that broken casting was the noise you were chasing.

• clear.png
    Like x 1
    clear.png
    Disagree x1

http://turbobuick.com/forums/members/anso5.38116/, did you join this site just to disagree to that post? What makes you think that I truly DIDN'T wonder if a broken bracket could make a noise? ESP when the OP tore the engine apart and didn't find anything broken?

What is it with the 0 posters showing up just to put in thier $.00 cents?

How about replying with an explanation of why I didn't really wonder if a broken casting can make a noise? Then we can all learn something.

http://turbobuick.com/forums/members/anso5.38116/, did you join this site just to disagree to that post? What makes you think that I truly DIDN'T wonder if a broken bracket could make a noise? ESP when the OP tore the engine apart and didn't find anything broken?

What is it with the 0 posters showing up just to put in thier $.00 cents?

How about replying with an explanation of why I didn't really wonder if a broken casting can make a noise? Then we can all learn something.
Who you talking to earl?

Another 0 poster,anso5, that wants to show up and disagree with something I posted. In this case he disagreed with a post I made about what I thought.

And I'm pretty sure I know what I think.

You got that damn thing started yet? :D

Not yet earl not yet but i promised myself that before next weekend i would drive my litle beast i promise lolol!

Tonight just painted the block,dog house,and valve cover! The block was gloss black and the rest satin black!

re8uvaqu.jpg

vedytuvy.jpg