STEP BY STEP ENGINE REBUILD!

You want the slot furthest from the blade. And don't assume that ring is perfectly round. Turn the crank and make sure you clear the entire way around.

Well like a newbie i fu.... Up  I did not look at my reluctor wheel on the damper it was crooked and when I started the car it's destroyed my crank sensor the car ran for three minutes and shut down and never wanted to start again so now I have to buy a new damper with new reluctor wheel and a new crank sensor and we will go for take to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Straighten your reluctor wheel and get a new $20 crank sensor.

Trust me, you'll have plenty of time to get a much more expensive smack before it's over with. This one is cheap and easy (like I like 'em)

Not to mention straightening your reluctor wheel will give you a new appreciation for gettting the clearance right. I had one that was messed up enough it took me an hour to get right so it wouldn't scrub and had roughly even amounts of clearance on all three blades.

Geeze i would love to live in the states the crank sensor is 50$ here! I wish i could find one for 20$ like in the us joe bucci jb racing has a spare damper that is straight i will buy that off of him just makes it easier!

Is there another crank sensor that fit our cars like let's say 3800 crank sensor?

This is where i am at right now awaiting my new crank sensor and damper!

deveha6u.jpg

3e3ytudu.jpg

e2e6y3yv.jpg

If you guys see anything that looks wrong tell me please!

Yes, I see something. Get rid of that POS tie down strap and buy some HR motor mounts. If not that at least the RJC engine brace. Just my three cents.

Yes, I see something. Get rid of that POS tie down strap and buy some HR motor mounts. If not that at least the RJC engine brace. Just my three cents.
Yes its in the plans as soon as money green become free!

Engine looks nice, like what you did with the valve covers and plenum. Things to do, separate the spark plug wires. You don't want to run them next to each other. {edit: I take this sentance back, the coils are higher then the plug wires, duh} Can even run a few toward the inside of the coil pack for separation. {/edit}

More importantly, please get rid of that Fram oil filter. Seriously, use a NAPA Gold or a CarQuest Premium filter.

Looking forward to the fire up :cool:

RemoveBeforeFlight

Get a new overflow tank, washer tank (if it is old, can't tell in the pic) and ditch the power master. You wouldn't want to have a wreck and ruin all that hard work, would you? Rest of the motor looks excellent!

Engine looks nice, like what you did with the valve covers and plenum. Things to do, separate the spark plug wires. You don't want to run them next to each other. {edit: I take this sentance back, the coils are higher then the plug wires, duh} Can even run a few toward the inside of the coil pack for separation. {/edit}

More importantly, please get rid of that Fram oil filter. Seriously, use a NAPA Gold or a CarQuest Premium filter.

Looking forward to the fire up :cool:

RemoveBeforeFlight
First question why can't we run the wires one next to the other second question why can't I use the Fram filter what's wrong with them?

Get a new overflow tank, washer tank (if it is old, can't tell in the pic) and ditch the power master. You wouldn't want to have a wreck and ruin all that hard work, would you? Rest of the motor looks excellent!
The overflow and washer fluid are on order and for the powermaster I have a vacuum set up conversion waiting

Those Fram filters are very cheaply made. Not much filtering material and the drainback valve leaks.

Bob is the oil guy compared oil filters long ago and didn't like Fram. You could probably find an updated comparison on his website http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm As for the plug wires, my engine builder had a customer return with a badly running car. Turns out his employee was a neat freak and zip tied the wires together, causing all kinds of misfires from the spark jumping between wires. So you should use the wire separators.

If you guys see anything that looks wrong tell me please!

Take that Fram filter off and throw it is far as you can. Then walkover to where it landed and call in an airstrike on those coordinates .

Replace it with a wix.

Take that Fram filter off and throw it is far as you can. Then walkover to where it landed and call in an airstrike on those coordinates .

Replace it with a wix.
Geezzzzzzz ok i got the point lolol i will do that tomorow! Lolol!