You can type here any text you want

0 To 60 conversion from slips

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Detomaso71

Anyone know how to calculate or guesstimate zero to 60 mg from a time slip?

Just curious

Thx

When I was 60fting 1.58's, the directscan was showing 0-60 in 3.2 sec.

use the wallace calc its pretty close
i can tell you back in 06 on my 86 with DS logging it was 0-60mph in 2.2 (1.41 60')
the new wallace calc backs that up
6.47 103 1/8th shows 2.2 sec o-60mph

now with current combo 6.25 110.9 its showing 1.83 0-60mph

use the wallace calc its pretty close
i can tell you back in 06 on my 86 with DS logging it was 0-60mph in 2.2 (1.41 60')
the new wallace calc backs that up
6.47 103 1/8th shows 2.2 sec o-60mph

now with current combo 6.25 110.9 its showing 1.83 0-60mph

Now that's a gooood hook! :D

Mph or milligrams?
Same thing right?

Guy at work with gtr modified his turbos and says his time is 2.9 now
He has challenged me for $$ on zero 60

He did not say anything about tires so.....

Slicks it will be in spring

My zero to sixty at track is close to half his, not sure on the street
Prob just do a huge burnout and lower pressure

Will see what happens
Not sure how you even race a zero sixty tho

You might want to pass on that bet. If he spins his speedometer may show 60 quickly. Same goes for you. Then it will be a "debate". Do it at the track. But when he sees you have a slick on even though he has all wheel drive I can hear him bitching now. I have some Chevy guys here that are so jealous of my little cornfed 6.

Detomaso71 said:
Mph or milligrams?
Same thing right?

Guy at work with gtr modified his turbos and says his time is 2.9 now
He has challenged me for $$ on zero 60

He did not say anything about tires so.....

Slicks it will be in spring

My zero to sixty at track is close to half his, not sure on the street
Prob just do a huge burnout and lower pressure

Will see what happens
Not sure how you even race a zero sixty tho
The only way to do this would be
with logs. Any blip in driveshaft speed will indicate spin. On the street without ballast/prep/practice it's extremely hard to go into the 2's. It took me a few days to be successful. Over 150lbs of ballast in the trunk and hot 275 drag radials. An accelerometer would probably be the most accurate if you aren't using any logs. Even logs will be off a little if the tire height is figured incorrectly.

Why? Does it really matter who is faster to 60?i mean why not just race a 1/4? I dont think a 60 run will tell who has the faster car. His awd is probably going to kill u in the short run, he probably nows this thats why he wants this race? Run in a 1/4,, good luck.

c n avoid87 said:
Why? Does it really matter who is faster to 60?i mean why not just race a 1/4? I dont think a 60 run will tell who has the faster car. His awd is probably going to kill u in the short run, he probably nows this thats why he wants this race? Run in a 1/4,, good luck.

I'd take the bet and make sure I won. He probably doesn't expect him to know about practicing, prepping, ballast, or suspension that allows a rear wheel drive car to leave harder than an awd. Once they decide how they are measuring the 0-60 and where they are testing he can go there and spray the street with trackbite. It lasts for weeks on the road after applied.

The only way to do this would be
with logs. Any blip in driveshaft speed will indicate spin. On the street without ballast/prep/practice it's extremely hard to go into the 2's. It took me a few days to be successful. Over 150lbs of ballast in the trunk and hot 275 drag radials. An accelerometer would probably be the most accurate if you aren't using any logs. Even logs will be off a little if the tire height is figured incorrectly.

FYI - I was interested in the Wallace Calculator and found it was a little faster than my actual 60' but I also had a blip of wheel spin.
1.37(Wallace) vs. 1.387 (actual)
AG.

According to the Wallace calculator it puts my car at 3.3 seconds 0-60 and that last run was at the TB.com event when I had a bad converter and weak valve springs, can't wait to see what it will do next...

The funny thing listed on the Wallace calculator is this:

Just to give you an idea of what other performance cars run 0 to 60 in, here are some stats:
  • My Pontiac powered rail = 1.10 seconds
  • Supra Twin Turbo (stock) = 4.7 seconds
  • Lamborghini Diablo = 3.4 seconds
  • Ferrari 550 Maranello = 4.2 seconds
  • School bus fully loaded = 47.325 seconds

Back