You can type here any text you want

05 GT mustang

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quick6'n'-K.C.

wana steal it? meet mr9mm
Staff member
Came home the other day from out and about, got off the highway and sitting at a red light, double left hand turn i was on the outside.
Light turns green and the mustang was to my left, i goose it leaving in second :confused: shift to 3rd about 30mph and the mustang catches on that i want to race.... so he goes and floors it at my rear wheel.
I nail it about 1800 RPM in 4th, boost kicks in, mustang never got past my drivers door, i held the lead :biggrin:
We hit the next red light and typically he turns off as im getting the dodge ready for 4 wheel high,darned the luck.

Anyway, since i dont see a new mustang being much of a threat for my dodge 3500, no reason to race them in my buicks then huh?

Guess the new GT runs 15s then huh? Thats pretty sad...

BW

The '05 Mustangs that I have seen run are all 15 second sleds - of course the track I race at is 5800'.
I do like the looks of the new mustangs though.

I really like the looks of the ones with 4 headlights, but cant believe how sloooow they are. This one was not a auto..
BW

they shouldn't be that slow... they can run mid to high 13s with a 5 speed manual, and high 13s in the new 5spd auto. If your dodge is running 15s then he couldnt drive. My roomate has an auto 05 and its definitly high 13s or a tad quicker. It could have been a V6, a lot of dealers are switching them to have the big fogs and an exhaust as well to try and get them off the lots since GTs are basically impossible to come by. (4-5 months if you order one, and you can pretty much forget about buying one off the lot.)

It was a GT, i noticed this when i came up on him when he was sitting at the light, dual exhaust.
He rowed 2 gears, so i assumed that he knew how to bang gears.

If we hit a red light, then im sure i would have been ahead of him from a dead stop to at least 60MPH. Wished he would have gone straight at the next light, instead of turning off!

BW

The new '07 maros blows the stangs out of the water.

Attachments

• 07_Camaro_2.jpg
    07_Camaro_2.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 279
Nice to dream, but I think the F-body is gone forever :frown:
The car in the rendering is sweet, makes me miss my 69' a little.

acoen said:
Nice to dream, but I think the F-body is gone forever :frown:
The car in the rendering is sweet, makes me miss my 69' a little.
i think the camaro will come back one day soon with something out of this world,its just gona happen,but untill then ill just mosey into my garage and wipe the dust off my 68 and wait for its family to return :biggrin:

I have seen them run here in Boise, stock just last week end and they were turning 14.30's-14.80's @ 101 mph, a 5 spd and a lady driver that was her 1st time ever at the track on stock tires, not to shabby mph for stock and her et's were all over the place but consistent 101 mph.

Ron

the camaro will be back before 09 im betting. And that camaro in those pics is not a GM rendering, it was done by somebody and is only a dream of what he hopes it will look like

'05 Mustang GT

Price: $25,500
Miles Per Gallon: 17/25 mpg
Curb Weight: 3425 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/RWD
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
Engine
Type: V8
Displacement: 4.601 cc
Horsepower: 300 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque: 320 lb-ft @ 4500 rpm
Redline: 6250 rpm
Performance
0-60 mph: 5.2 sec
0-100 mph: 13.2 sec
Quarter Mile: 13.8 sec @ 104 mph

I doubt anyone on the street is going to pull off a high 13 in this car with that weight and HP number, especially considering its at 6k rpm. This car is probably a slug out of the hole and they come with pretty small tires.

DR.BOOSTER said:
'05 Mustang GT

Price: $25,500
Miles Per Gallon: 17/25 mpg
Curb Weight: 3425 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/RWD
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
Engine
Type: V8
Displacement: 4.601 cc
Horsepower: 300 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque: 320 lb-ft @ 4500 rpm
Redline: 6250 rpm
Performance
0-60 mph: 5.2 sec
0-100 mph: 13.2 sec
Quarter Mile: 13.8 sec @ 104 mph

I doubt anyone on the street is going to pull off a high 13 in this car with that weight and HP number, especially considering its at 6k rpm. This car is probably a slug out of the hole and they come with pretty small tires.

actually they are pretty quick out of the hole. Trying not to come off as a mustang lover but the cars run what they run. most cars aren't going to pull off the same time on the street as they do on track so that point is moot

Back