You can type here any text you want

06 gto

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Happened a few days ago on my way to work.
This one was all stock.
Gave the dude about a 4 length head start and then nailed it.

I got pretty loose at first but was still gaining on him a little with the back end kicking out... he had to be watching that in his rear view thinking... "Oh holy snap...really?"

Once I hooked, I just reeled him in and then blew past him.

He gave up once I was up about 2 lengths and clearly leaving him... so I let out.

He made a hasty exit stage left....kinda like a Mustang driver would...it was really wierd. Made me start looking around for po-po:eek:...but...no po-po...:biggrin:

I'll be parked for a couple weeks while my alky pump is getting rebuilt. I noticed it was leaking a little bit, so I pulled it and sent it to Razor the other day. It'll get back probably about the time I'm leaving for China for 10 days...

I knew it was pretty stock so I did a little math. I figure a bone stock 06 GTO does the 1/4 in about 13.5.

With my new 6265 DBB turbo....Im confident I'm good for a low 11....especially after Flaco's demonstration at Fontana on a very, very similar combo to mine recently. He ran an 11.3 at 120 without building any boost at the line...just smashed it and went:D

so...I coulda given this GTO about a 10 length head start...and still probably run him down in a quarter mile...

So I let him get out ahead...and then dropped the hammer on him.:biggrin:

About China...
I travel globally as part of my job, and spend a lot of time in Asia. On last count I've been to over 120 different cities in 20 different countries...it's fun...pays the bills...:rolleyes:

So how much difference do u notice with this turbo over the previous one? Did u change ur converter? 20 different countries? dawm!

So how much difference do u notice with this turbo over the previous one? Did u change ur converter? 20 different countries? dawm!

The difference is very noticeable:D. A lot more pull from bottom to top and I have to do a lot more finessing of the peddle to keep the tires from blowing off too severely.

Same converter. It's a custom built billet 3200 stall.

Yup...the travel is fun tho'. I've been traveling globally since I was 18 (was in the Navy for 6 years), was homeported in Japan for almost 3 years, and was going to other countries (Mexico) as young as 14 on Mission trips...

...47 now...so I'm pretty used to it. I work in the Telecomm industry.
Seeing other places gives me an honest perspective and appreciation for how blessed we are in this country in spite of our leaderships continuing drive to remove God from everything and screw it up.:rolleyes:

I'm getting my kids started on this type of perspective changing life experience too. Took them to the Philippines for 7 weeks back in 2006 when they were 9 and 6 years old, and I'm sending my 14 year old son to Costa Rica for 9 days this summer on a mission trip...

It's all about feeding their world view in a productive way...:biggrin:

The difference is very noticeable:D. A lot more pull from bottom to top and I have to do a lot more finessing of the peddle to keep the tires from blowing off too severely.

Same converter. It's a custom built billet 3200 stall.

Yup...the travel is fun tho'. I've been traveling globally since I was 18 (was in the Navy for 6 years), was homeported in Japan for almost 3 years, and was going to other countries (Mexico) as young as 14 on Mission trips...

...47 now...so I'm pretty used to it. I work in the Telecomm industry.
Seeing other places gives me an honest perspective and appreciation for how blessed we are in this country in spite of our leaderships continuing drive to remove God from everything and screw it up.:rolleyes:

I'm getting my kids started on this type of perspective changing life experience too. Took them to the Philippines for 7 weeks back in 2006 when they were 9 and 6 years old, and I'm sending my 14 year old son to Costa Rica for 9 days this summer on a mission trip...

It's all about feeding their world view in a productive way...:biggrin:

I brought one of the Philippino girls home with me.

I'd like to find employment which provided travel. I'm currently unemployed.

I brought one of the Philippino girls home with me.

I'd like to find employment which provided travel. I'm currently unemployed.

My hot Filipina wife is from Cebu had already been imported when I found her (she came to the US with her mom, uncle and brother when she was 16). She was roaming the halls where I worked and I liked her butt...so I stalked her into submission.:biggrin:
Been in wedded bliss and chapter after chapter of a Harlequin love story ever since...:rolleyes:
Between the fights and threats of firing anyway....

Be careful with the mail order ones or the ones you meet there and then bring in...
Before you know it, whatever money you do have will be gone and so will she...:eek:
Watched it happen to many a sailor....

Just kidding:tongue:
kinda......but....do be careful...:rolleyes:

Good luck on the job hunt.

My hot Filipina wife is from Cebu had already been imported when I found her (she came to the US with her mom, uncle and brother when she was 16). She was roaming the halls where I worked and I liked her butt...so I stalked her into submission.:biggrin:
Been in wedded bliss and chapter after chapter of a Harlequin love story ever since...:rolleyes:

Be careful with the mail order ones or the ones you meet there and then bring in...
Before you know it, whatever money you do have will be gone and so will she...:eek:

Only brought her over 27 years ago. Still great on the eyes.
Wish it was all bliss, which is normal , however , she seems to be Americanized & can get a bit mean.:wink:

Nice kill. There are some pretty quick GTO's out there. Some of them are a force to reckon with.

How would my car run if I got a 6265 DBB and the stock D5 converter? Would it be sloowwww off the line? :confused: (I have a 3 in. THDP, good exhaust, etc..)

Only brought her over 27 years ago. Still great on the eyes.
Wish it was all bliss, which is normal , however , she seems to be Americanized & can get a bit mean.:wink:

Whats even funnier is I look at the top of this page and now I see a Fillipino dating service ad?!?!:confused::biggrin:

You crazy squids...you West Coast sailors with all your partying ,and womanizing, and living it up, and enjoying your tours and life and all...it's all good, we'll hold it down over here on the East Coast and get the job done while you all go and play! :rolleyes:

**emails detailer about getting orders to Cali**
:biggrin:

How would my car run if I got a 6265 DBB and the stock D5 converter? Would it be sloowwww off the line? :confused: (I have a 3 in. THDP, good exhaust, etc..)

You'll get improved performance and power, but it's always best to match the converter to the turbo.

Yes your spool up will be slower than it would be if you had the right converter for the 6265DBB...but... :rolleyes:you'll be buying a new transmission and converter soon after installing the turbo anyway...so...it's a bit of a force play once that turbo is on there and the boost is cranked up.;)

Whats even funnier is I look at the top of this page and now I see a Fillipino dating service ad?!?!:confused::biggrin:

You crazy squids...you West Coast sailors with all your partying ,and womanizing, and living it up, and enjoying your tours and life and all...it's all good, we'll hold it down over here on the East Coast and get the job done while you all go and play! :rolleyes:

**emails detailer about getting orders to Cali**
:biggrin:

When I was in I was home ported out of Japan on the USS Midway for about 3 years...so we were floating into the PI on a monthly basis. I did a few shore detatchments there too.

But I've heard that those East Coast Club Med Cruises can be legendary also...;)

When I was in I was home ported out of Japan on the USS Midway for about 3 years...so we were floating into the PI on a monthly basis. I did a few shore detatchments there too.

But I've heard that those East Coast Club Med Cruises can be legendary also...;)

Lets just say im a legend in Cannes, France, multiple cities in Spain, and in Bahrain!:biggrin:

Chicken, since you're a world traveler what country in your opinion has the hottest looking sheep !

Chicken, since you're a world traveler what country in your opinion has the hottest looking sheep !

Well...I usually girl watch...:D
...But the best tasting lamb chops I've ever had were at this Persian restaraunt in Tallin, Estonia.
They literally fall off the bone and melt in your mouth and go great with the local Vodka.:D

So where ever they get their lamb from is probably a great place for herding sheep.;)

By comparison..I just got back from China and they serve a lot of muttin there, but it's got a lot of fat and is usually tough to eat...so...I'd stay away from their local sheep is I were ewe...

Lou....I keep forgetting to mention...

That friend of yours with the Blue Z06 who raced me in the GN awhile back...I don't think that was my first encounter with him...
A few years ago before I bought my GN, I was out fishing in the Camaro.

I was turning left onto El Toro from SM Pkwy and he was right behind me.
As we straightened out he was right on my @$$ so I shifted into 2nd and nailed it.
I broke loose through 2nd and still was pulling him....stayed up a length or so all the way up into the top of 4th and as I went into 5th he started to creep up on me a little but then he let off because we were already well into triple digits and going through those sweeping turns down El Toro.

Later, he got along side me at El Toro/Trabuco intersection and we talked a little bit. He had his laptop open and said he was messing with his tune...wanted to know how fast I thought the Camaro was.
I told him very low 12's on the street tires I was running...low 11's if I could get it to hook.
He agreed... and acknowledged the hook-up issue I was having when we first started at the top of El Toro. He had a front row seet to that.
;)

Ask him if he remembers racing a light blue 68 Camaro a few years back on El Toro.

My plate reads: AH RATSS:biggrin:

I hear that sheep out number people 40 to 1 in New Zealand. After that big earthquake they just had, I'm sure they're scared, loanly and could use a little comforting.

blake-shelton-with-sheep.jpg

Mike B.

Back