You can type here any text you want

08 Mustang GT CS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fyrlt67

Was heading home from the parts store and some "kid" pulled up next to me at a light and said, and I quote " Hey old man do those big wheels make your car fast" after taking a second to digest what he had just said I fired back with a slam on his mommys car. Any way light turns green and away he goes... I gave him a few cars and the laided into it. When he finally got to the next light he wanted to know what I had under the hood, heres the best part, I replied a V6. He said oh you got nitrous then, nope no nitrous, he replies that I was a f@#king liar, told him that for a hundred I would pop the hood and show him..............Guess he couldnt read the badges or didnt knew what a turbo was

That kid sounds like a real punk that got what he deserved!!! It's great that a lot of the younger generation is so clueless to the dark side.

congrats an handing that kid some smack down...yes alot of young kids dont know about the dark side but thats going to change with that fast and the furious movie coming is that good or bad i dont know:confused:

Its amazing!!! I agree.. people can't read

MMM same ol crap... its to be expected. I've got a kid down the street with a new 08 GT that revs his car everytime he sees the T. I'm gonna wait until he has his girlfriend in the car one eveining out on the highway so I can really embarass him :biggrin:

However I must say That I've had an equal number od young people that new exactly what my T was. Basically real car people will know, punks won't ...it doesn;t matter what age they are

There's a ton of those GT/CS's around here. what's the deal with the "CS"?

There's a ton of those GT/CS's around here. what's the deal with the "CS"?

Stands for California Special like the old ones. I don't think they have any more power then a stock Mustang GT.

Two Sundays ago the West Palm Beach Buick group with some others from Lauderdale, Miiami, etc got together at Dave's shop and afterward a bunch (about 12) cruised to Sonic for lunch. We all pulled in one behind the other and parked in a row. Some guy came walking out to me as I got out of my car and asked "Hey Man, what kind of cars are all of these?". I almost pointed to my hat that said GRAND NATIONAL and said DOOH!! but I was nice and educated him.

What about this Fast & Furrious movie - is there a GN in the new one? Haven't heard.

What about this Fast & Furrious movie - is there a GN in the new one? Haven't heard.

NO it doesn't. BUT it does have a regal that looks like one, BUT sounds like an IROC 305 with a stick. I hope the movie freakin tanks!!;)

KB

Stands for California Special like the old ones. I don't think they have any more power then a stock Mustang GT.

its basically a stripe and decal package and cat back exhaust with chrome tips i believe.

buickbert

not many people know is the norm they ignore it or just glance without even looking twice.my friends and I,well mainly me every time a t.r comes to a cruise or show Ialways go over and chat with the guy till we leave.

you guys sure? theres two of them locally, and they both have dealer installed superchargers. 425 hp supposedly. the owner of one swears it weighs 2800 pounds, i thought that was pretty funny haha

Very few people know what these things are anymore. The STI and Evo guys do but most others don't.

I was behind some guy in traffic a couple of years ago who had a late 90's early 2000 series supercharged Cobra and he was chirping the tires and goofing off in it at lights and such. We finally get to a light where I get next to him and we are first in line. He looks at the bulge in the hood and had his girlfriend ask if my Limited T had a turbo. I said yea and he drove like my mom and would not test the T though.

Mikey

Very few people know what these things are anymore. The STI and Evo guys do but most others don't.

I was behind some guy in traffic a couple of years ago who had a late 90's early 2000 series supercharged Cobra and he was chirping the tires and goofing off in it at lights and such. We finally get to a light where I get next to him and we are first in line. He looks at the bulge in the hood and had his girlfriend ask if my Limited T had a turbo. I said yea and he drove like my mom and would not test the T though.

Mikey

That's the truth.
I had some pencil necked idjit in a G35 with a bulging hood body kit pull next to me on the right at a light yesterday. I could see him in my peripheral vision looking over and so I looked and he was reading my badges with a squint. He had a cute girl with him too.

Then I hear him say to his girl, "Turbo? Whatever." Then he mumbled some crap and they start laughing as he rev'd at me.

I'm thinking..."Oh, man!!! You are gonna get your punk butt handed to you, Zippy." ...and adjusted my shades :cool:

I'm having tranny issues, so I make sure I'm in first manually and then put it back in Drive.

Light go's green and I let him have the jump....and he jumped. He was out ahead by a couple lenghts by the time I hit WOT. From there I just realed him in and then blew by a buzzin'. I stayed in it till I had a good 10 cars on him to rub it in. Then I flashed my hazards for fun.

Next light he's turning right as I'm sitting there. As he goes by and turns, he won't even look over but his face was red as a Tomato. I laughed loud and obnoxious enough for him and his girl to hear.

She flipped me off...:biggrin:
She didn't learn that in Sunday School.:eek:
Made me laugh even harder.:biggrin:

yeah, there's nothing better than embarassing guys in front of their girlfriends. that happened to me the other day too... there was a guy in an early 90s camaro convertible with the v6 rolling around, top down, with his GF. After the light we were sitting at changed i went in the lane next to him to try to pass him nice and slow like, and he would have none of it and went wot. I was kind of anticipating this and already had it down in second gear, so i just planted it and went right past him. As I waltzed on by, his chick was laughing her @ss off at him, and so was I when I saw that. That poor guy had such an exasperated/pissed off/embarassed look on his face it was just priceless. The best part was that i did this in my stock 03 cavalier with an exhaust leak and a busted taillight. rofl.

GT/CS's are all over in these parts. Not one of them have tried me in the GN yet. A C5 Z06 didnt want any last night either... Evos/STis are dime a dozen here too. I embarrassed a Evo owner in OCMD two weeks ago! He wasnt happy at all...

The best part was that i did this in my stock 03 cavalier with an exhaust leak and a busted taillight.

You have to watch out for those J Bodies. My son and I built him a stock block Sunfire that puts over 300 hp to the wheels. The little beastie will hit 110 mph the the 1/4 - and we're at 3200 ft.

You have to watch out for those J Bodies. My son and I built him a stock block Sunfire that puts over 300 hp to the wheels. The little beastie will hit 110 mph the the 1/4 - and we're at 3200 ft.
yeah, mine doesn't do too bad at all for what it is. Apparently people have got low 15s out of stock ecotec j-bodies. I remember when my buddy first got his 04 sunfire i figured my v6 5 speed fiero would take it no problem, but he got me by a good 3 lengths!

Its not a car i'd call fast or anything, but its quick enough to embarrass all the riced out civics and such that I run across, and it gets 36 mpg on the highway, so that makes it a damn good daily driver IMO. I've had pretty bad luck as far as reliability goes though -- the motor threw out a rod bearing at 38,000 miles (just outside of waranty, dammit) and now I think the slave cylinder is crapped out. oh well, it is a cavalier, and its not like i paid that much for it.

your son's car sounds pretty bad ass. it has to piss people off to get smoked by a sunfire! I know those ecotecs can be pretty mean with some boost. When i blew the motor in mine, it was kind of tempting to put together a turbo setup for the new one, but if I'm gonna spend any money on mods, they're going into the Regal.

It has to piss people off to get smoked by a sunfire!

Ya - this summer he spank a lightly moded C5 Z06. When it was tuned they had to de-tune a bit because he couldn't get traction under 70 mph. It has forged rod & pistons ported head, turbo, intercooler, ported supercharger, alky, race suspension, race seats and a full body kit.

Ya - this summer he spank a lightly moded C5 Z06. When it was tuned they had to de-tune a bit because he couldn't get traction under 70 mph. It has forged rod & pistons ported head, turbo, intercooler, ported supercharger, alky, race suspension, race seats and a full body kit.

Turbo and a ported supercharger? Man that thing has to be really fast.;)

Back