You can type here any text you want

09 Challenger SRT8

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Nice looking black 09 Challenger.
Found him over near Coto de Caza.
All black with silver trim and also had red LED's in the hood scoops making it look kinda sinister in the dark.

First I boosted around him to get his attention, then at a light I walked him pretty good.

We talked after.
Good guy and his girlfriend/wife was kinda cute too.
She liked my jokes....:biggrin:

He said he told her before we raced that she needs to watch because "...that's a Grand National and this guy is messing with me."

I said, "Naaaaaah....I wouldn't do that."
:D
He was saying that SMS (Saleen) modeled their prototype supercharger set up on his car while they were developing it and that next week he's going back and they're going to install one for free for his reward for participating in the proto work.
Apparently these SMS Challengers will be making up to 700HP:eek:

He said he'll come looking for me after it's installed.
I replied, "Don't worry....I'll be looking for you.":D
We all laughed and went our ways after that.

Papa Lou!
More speed please?:tongue:

Good kill, You must have some good luck way too many cops here to have that kind of fun:D

I've had 3 speeding tickets in the last 8 years....the last one was about a year ago. they've been far enought aprat that I can take care of them in traffic school.

I have had a few close calls...cops going the opposite direction, or showing up after I've slowed down, etc. etc.
I'll watch them hit the brakes like they want to turn around, but it'd be too much trouble so as soon as they notice me slowing down they relax.

I got pulled over once after a motorcycle cop heard me burn my tires off, but since he didn't see me do it, and he knoew knoew he didn't see me do it, he just put me through a little Q&A, told me to knock it off, and let me go.

South OC is pretty relaxed as the Sherrifs go...but between them and the CHP, there have definitely been a lot more of them out these last few weeks.
Raising revenue....:rolleyes:

They may not be as fast as our cars but I would like to have a 6 speed.

They may not be as fast as our cars but I would like to have a 6 speed.

I definitely like the new Challenger, other than how high it sits.

At SEMA a couple years back they had a concept Challenger with a Cuda package on it and it looked niiiiiiiice.

I always liked the Cuda better than the Challenger.

X2 You DO get all the fun...

Last friday I drove the GN to the next town over to check out the local cruise show and ran into a New Camaro. I opened the exhaust and got next to him and blipped it a few times to get his attention. He literally hit the brakes and stayed away from me the whole time...:mad: I saw the car at the show and it was the v-8 with the paper tags still on it... I can't buy a race in that car.

I also ran into an SRT8 Challenger on the highway in my WRX. I opened the exhaust on him (yes, I put cutouts on everything...:biggrin: ) and dropped the hammer. He gave chase and blew by my at 100+.... I only get bites when I'm not in a GN.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack, just sad when I hear about all the fun you have... I need to paint some rust spots or something on my GN just to get some action.:p

LOL
:D
I think it helps that my GN is very stock appearing.
These guys think they're messing with a stock GN until they get burned.

I was checking out the stats on one the the Supercharged Challengers last night. Makes 620HP and 0-60's in less than 3.8 seconds...but still only manages an ET of 12.2....:eek:
Curb weight is over 4100lbs.

Man, I gotta get my GN put back together...:frown: Its been depressing with the weather being sooo nice and the car torn apart in the garage. But I am making progress. Just gotta button up the top end and then its onto the turbo/IC/DP.

Soon I'll be back out hunting.

Meanchicken: Good kill on the Challenger. My boss has a 5.7 R/T and as soon as he found out I had a GN, he's been all calm and quiet around me LOL. And I cant buy a race with a new Camaro either... Although I do have a run lined up with a 500hp. Terminator Cobra once the GN is running again.

X2 You DO get all the fun...

Last friday I drove the GN to the next town over to check out the local cruise show and ran into a New Camaro. I opened the exhaust and got next to him and blipped it a few times to get his attention. He literally hit the brakes and stayed away from me the whole time...:mad: I saw the car at the show and it was the v-8 with the paper tags still on it... I can't buy a race in that car.

I also ran into an SRT8 Challenger on the highway in my WRX. I opened the exhaust on him (yes, I put cutouts on everything...:biggrin: ) and dropped the hammer. He gave chase and blew by my at 100+.... I only get bites when I'm not in a GN.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack, just sad when I hear about all the fun you have... I need to paint some rust spots or something on my GN just to get some action.:p

I've been thinking about this.
I think your approach is all wrong and it might be scaring them away.

Think about it this way....if you're not the best looking guy in the bar, are you going to walk over to a pretty girl and belch in her ear hoping she'll want to go on a date?

Leave the dump closed.:biggrin:
You'll probably win anyway with it closed.....and the ladies will love you for it.:biggrin:

The SRT chased you down because you were in a fart can car and you basically farted in his mouth...He was angry...:mad:

Back