1/4 mile time comparision

tford

Registered Member
before (with pump gas) and after alky injection times and mph. I'm expecting to gain a second from 17 psi to 23 psi. Please include boost psi before and after also. Thanks for your time, Tim

6 psi increase should be about 50-60 HP= .5 SECOND, 4-6 MPH

Some cars a little more, some a little less.

have to agree with razor , many many runs
for me
17 is about 11.1x 118-119
18 was 11.0x 120 (had a little octane in the tank , about 96)

add alky w/ straight 93 , 23psi

10.5 highs 126

by why stop at 23 psi
add more boost who knows... alky(methanol) can handle it if you spray enough and watch the tune

Well I could only get 19 pounds of boost at the end of last year and made 3 run a 10.92, 10.91, 10.93 all at 126 something, So this year put a new controller on and turned it up to 23 and it was light night and day but when the boost come up it sound like someone under the car batting it with a hammer, I had a no lock Art Carr that they said wouldn't made to go that fast so put a new PI 5 disk lock up and all billet parts in the tranny, Waiting to take it out and after I run the car some to get the tranny set in will try it again, I know I got a little off, Sorry

13.02 @ 108mph 16-17psi pump gas
11.81 @ 118mph 23-24psi with alky

no real tuning ever done, just running on the fat side...all runs performed on the same 225 bfg tract. T/a's street tires. not too much changed between these runs, besides the alky and a torque converter(maybe .2-.3 increase) hth

before (with pump gas) and after alky injection times and mph. I'm expecting to gain a second from 17 psi to 23 psi. Please include boost psi before and after also. Thanks for your time, Tim

I doubt you will gain a second unless you wasted some passes before. 6 psi isnt going to give you a second. Maybe 10 psi would give you a second in your combo. Maybe.

I doubt you will gain a second unless you wasted some passes before. 6 psi isnt going to give you a second. Maybe 10 psi would give you a second in your combo. Maybe.

how much do you think the added timing(3 deg. for a tt chip i believe) from an alky chip would add...over top of the 6psi i guess?

13.02 @ 108mph 16-17psi pump gas
11.81 @ 118mph 23-24psi with alky

no real tuning ever done, just running on the fat side...all runs performed on the same 225 bfg tract. T/a's street tires. not too much changed between these runs, besides the alky and a torque converter(maybe .2-.3 increase) hth

SAY WHAT???

how much do you think the added timing(3 deg. for a tt chip i believe) from an alky chip would add...over top of the 6psi i guess?

3 degrees timing may be worth about 15hp. So about .06-07 e.t. If you want to drop a second id look into a dual nozzle setup and run upwards of 30psi. You need good datalogging and tuning tools of it gets risky.

Sorry I haven't revisited my post for a little while. I didn't think about the extra timing added by the turbotweak chip. If I had better heads it would probably be more like a second, right?

Sorry I haven't revisited my post for a little while. I didn't think about the extra timing added by the turbotweak chip. If I had better heads it would probably be more like a second, right?

Not unless you increased the engine speed a lot.

You must have been using the same chip and and when you hit the ophigher boost levels the correct timing tables in the chip were reached

changing the timeing on my car from 22*-23* resulted in 70 rw horse power on the dino'.

So it should have picked up about 4.5-5mph at the strip.:rolleyes: No f'in way. The car must have down shifted and upshifted really quick under load on the dyno so a spike was observed. Or a spike occurred some other way.

there is no magic number every car is different. just because you add 10 psi of boost doesnt mean you are going to make a lot more horsepower and gain alot of mph and then add timing that doesnt always work. some turbos like low timing and some cars like alot of fuel. the way to see what you can do is go to the track and slowly turn up the boost to your desired number as long as your mph increases. then say your at 24psi then slowly turn up your timing and watch mph if it doesnt increase then stop there. then start puling fuel in your chip and see how the car reacts if it starts knocking then reverse. you can try to add fuel and see if the car will mph better is not then you are at a proper tune.