1/8 mile format

11.20n1320

Some racers of THS have brought up the idea of going to 1/8th mile . It would tighten up the field and be easier on the cars. Also lets hear your thoughts on 4 inch exhaust.

I'm up for it....
It makes it a drivers race.
I may end up with a Borg Warner EFR Turbo on my car and not be able to run though

Bryan

i'm down for 1/8 mile

the exhaust sure! But it must exit in the factory location

Last edited:
Hey Im all for the 1/8 mile racing and 4 inch exhaust as long as it exits in the stock location.

I like the 1/8th mile cuz it’s easier on the car.

I would like the 4” exhaust especially since I need a new exhaust anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im usually out front till the 1/8th! Count me in!!
4" SINGLE exhaust....? I don't mind. We still wont sound like Gary Harmon or Don Cruz LOL
Has anyone with a dual 3" picked up more that a tenth with an open exhaust dump?

David, when THS is run at turbobuick.com that is 1/8 mile, I'm not sure about Gateway, but bowling green is 1/4. In my opinion, you already have your 1/8 races, and have a 1/4 mile race showing THS cars versatility. I would think that alone makes it a more interesting/challenging race.

Just my thinking.
I personally like the 1/4 mile.

Thanks
Bill

1/4 Mile. I think the launch is harder on the car. I know I've broke more times before the 60ft than past the 1/8. 6:1 for me that I can remember. During THS events, I'm still 2:1 on starting line vs past 60'.

At the starting line
1 Snapped stock axle
2 Snapped spider gears (Reynolds for THS in fact)
3-4-5 Broke gov spring 3x in the burnout on diff occasions
6 Got an oil leak and push back after burnout (BG)

After the 60 ft
1 Head gasket that in fact was due to blowing the map line at the starting line! = no alky (racing DDay in THS)

Last edited:
Ok I don't run this class BUT you guys really think the 1/8th mile is goin to stop breakage ??? Look at TIA.:p Ya I am a 1/4 mile guy. :D

1/4 Mile. I think the launch is harder on the car. I know I've broke more times before the 60ft than past the 1/8. 6:1 for me that I can remember. During THS events, I'm still 2:1 on starting line vs past 60'.

So 60' are different in the 1/8th an 1/4 ?? Okkkkk :rolleyes:

I'm saying if we raced 1/8 vs 1/4, I break more stuff at the line then the big end so 1/4 isn't really harder on the car by my numbers.

Even when I'm watching the hot rod drag week live feed, seems like more cars get pushed back before the 60' than towed off the track at the top end, and alot of those are turbo as well.

Even when I'm watching the hot rod drag week live feed, seems like more cars get pushed back before the 60' than towed off the track at the top end, and alot of those are turbo as well.

- I think we considered changing to an 1/8 mile race due to reliability of engine components, a more competitive race for the slower cars which makes it a drivers race, plus TSO/TSM/TAI are runing 1/8 to my knowledge.

- Note; we have not finalized anything yet until we have a complete vote on all the rule changes for 2018.

- Dday (RRA) will clarify any signifcant changes to the THS class once we have the official vote. Thanks for all the input concerning this matter because your voice matters to all the THS racers.

Haulz A

- I think we considered changing to an 1/8 mile race due to reliability of engine components, a more competitive race for the slower cars which makes it a drivers race, plus TSO/TSM/TAI are runing 1/8 to my knowledge.

I think TSM is still 1/4 mile at BG.

- Note; we have not finalized anything yet until we have a complete vote on all the rule changes for 2018.

- Dday (RRA) will clarify any signifcant changes to the THS class once we have the official vote. Thanks for all the input concerning this matter because your voice matters to all the THS racers.

Haulz A

TSM is 1/4 mile...TSO, don't blame them for running 1/8 mile, they are MOVING!!! Guess I didn't realize THS cars were running "faster" than TSM cars and needed more shut down room or pushing their cars harder, very interesting.

TSM is 1/4 mile...TSO, don't blame them for running 1/8 mile, they are MOVING!!! Guess I didn't realize THS cars were running "faster" than TSM cars and needed more shut down room or pushing their cars harder, very interesting.

Thumper (696),
I dont know what class your Buick GN is running in- but the top five THS cars are running 9.50 to 9.70 range in the quarter mile. Please take a close look at the THS class rules which a lot the safety related parts on our cars are stock; such as brakes, suspenion components, no fiber glass, steel bumpers which increases the weight of the vehicle.

That alone is a safety concern since our cars accelerate the 1/4 with trap speeds of 135 to 141 mph. TSM cars are lighter with after market braking systems, roll cages, fiber body glass parts which help there cars accelerate and stop faster and safer. The top five THS cars make approximate the same horsepower as a TSM car- the only reason they run faster is because they are lighter.

The average weight of a THS car with the driver is 3600 to 3800 lbs with the driver. My car wrighs 3645 with me in it and runs sub 6.20's in the 1/8 mile- so does Patrick Hester, Patrick Broughton, Dday, Sean Hayes, Rick Santo's just to name a few. We have limit safety equipment in our cars and we want to keep our car stock appearing as possible and that is what the THS class has been all about.

Haulz A

Darrow, both Dave (696) and I have raced and participated in THS, now Missy is driving our car, placed 4th in THS in 2017 at BG.

Your not preaching to a new or uneducated driver. Yes you and others have been faster than me. That could change in the near future.

All I am doing is voicing my opinion, I'm sorry you do not agree. Welcome to voting and discussion on rules.

My intentions was to bring up that Hot Street cars could be versatile by running 1/8 at TB.com and 1/4 at BG, I have now learned Gateway is a 1/4 mile track, is THS running 1/8 or 1/4 at gateway?

Thanks
Bill
TTS RRA