You can type here any text you want

10 bolt rear

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ram Air TTA

Do you guys think a WELL built 10 bolt rear would last behind a mildly built TTA, on the street 95% of the time? I am just curious, seeing how the 9 bolt parts are becoming more and more scarce and expensive.... Just trying to think of an economical way besides going to a 12 bolt or 9".

Ram Air- I blew out the ring in pinion in my 87 Iroc 305 TPI and it didn't even crack 100k miles. I only had about 200 hp.

Easiest and cheapest thing I've found is to just find another 9 bolt rear and swap it in.

My posi unit started working off and on, I got lucky a few years ago on ebay and there was a 9 bolt just redone from a 30k mile TTA.

I saw a 3.27 9 bolt on thirdgen.org classifieds lately, and I saw a 3.45 rear 9 bolt. They usually run about 300-350 dollars.

good luck.
~Murt

Thanks for the reply Murt, I think I'll take your advice and look for another 9 bolt. Thanks

Originally posted by Ram Air TTA
Do you guys think a WELL built 10 bolt rear would last behind a mildly built TTA, on the street 95% of the time? I am just curious, seeing how the 9 bolt parts are becoming more and more scarce and expensive.... Just trying to think of an economical way besides going to a 12 bolt or 9".

Howdy Ram Air,

Here's a place for you to check out; http://www.difftechnics.com/9_bolt_home.html
Read the FAQ's and other info there. These folks have all new stuff for your car. HTH

Hey ramair, do u have a ram air hood on your car? If so, do u have any pics? I installed the ls1 ram air style on my TTA about a year ago with a fiberglass spoiler, pics in my profile link

~Murt

Actuallly Murt,
I do have a Ram Air 1 hood but it is not installed yet. I am working on a way to make it completely functional with our cars. I'll keep you posted :D :D :D

4th gen 10 bolts can last with an A4. As long as you don't use a trans brake. I've seen them hold up to a couple 1.5x launches before the gears start coming off :eek:

Back