You can type here any text you want

109 3.8 turbo block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hotairgnx548

hotairgnx548
What is the max I can have a 109 block bored. Block is bored +040 but burnt a piston in one hole may need to be bored to clean up. This is a street and strip car I dont want to put the money in it if its going to cause more problems for me. I expect it to be a low 11 or high 10 sec hot air motor when I'm done.

personally I would find another block, bore it to .040 and just buy one piston.

Bryan

Don't be scared of 60 over I've been running one for 3 years low elevens doesn't over heat no issues I can come up with

Hey John
I've got several standard bore 109's and one .030 over. I'll make you a good deal if you need one.
Randy

i have 3 standard bore 109 blocks and 3 -20 bolt hot air blocks as well with a casting # that ends with 140

Hey John
I've got several standard bore 109's and one .030 over. I'll make you a good deal if you need one.
Randy
Thanks Randy but I'm going to clean this one up and put some forged pistons & rods in it. For some reason it really went lean and melted one of the .040 over stock pistons. I also have a couple of hot air blocks and a 4.1 on the motor stand that just needs forged pistons in it or just put it in as is it already run 11.40's but I want to use the 109 because I've already had it decked .020 and I want a 9 to 1 compression motor . If the machine shop says the block is no good I'll keep you in mind. Thanks see ya John

i have 3 standard bore 109 blocks and 3 -20 bolt hot air blocks as well with a casting # that ends with 140
Thanks for the offer but I've got 3 engines in my garage that are waiting their turn but may never get one. See ya John

Back