11.608@115.50

scojack_2001

Livin' Like A Refugee
New best times at Cecil last night.

Recent upgrades include Limit TE-62, Dutt neck IC, and a PLX standalone wideband.

Ran on some borrowed ET Drags. Not sure of the size.:(

25psi boost
24°/22° timing spraying methanol
8psi launch, dead hook. Couldve hit it harder.

A/FR was 11.2-3 on the big end, pulled a few degrees of timing (not much).

60' 1.630
300' 4.743
1/8 7.376
MPH 93.14
1000' 9.661
1/4 11.608
MPH 115.50

Seems to run pretty good. Need to do some fine tuning to it. Not a bad start.

Nice! :cool:

Is that stock heads and cam?

Can't wait for an 11 sec slip.:D

As far as I know, its a stock original 108K 109 motor that GM built in 1986. Only upgrades are double roller timing set and Comp 980 valvesprings. Lord knows Ive driven this car through INSANE kr and it hasnt blown up yet.

Basic street car with the basic stuff running through a Hooker catback.

Needs a bit more fine tuning, but I think I can get a .40, maybe even a .30 out of it. But I'll settle for getting kicked out of Cecil.:biggrin:

As for your car, I'd HIGHLY recommend a wideband for it. I picked up 5 tenths and 4mph for the $200 it cost me for the wideband. Not bad if I may say so myself!

I would lower the afr to around 10.8 if you are running meth with 93 octane. JMO.

I would lower the afr to around 10.8 if you are running meth with 93 octane. JMO.

I know. Between the 2nd and 3rd pass, I pulled some more fuel out of the WOT setting in the TT chip. It was 12.5% total, and I didnt expect it to cool down soo much during the night. Thats why the AF/R went to 11.2. Ive heard these cars need to be around 10.8 or so, and that's what I'll set it too. I think I can bump the timing some too.

maybe if you have a budget for a good frontmonth intercooler like PTE
or a new generation SLIC
i think you have a couple of mph sleeping there

IMO

cp

As far as I know, its a stock original 108K 109 motor that GM built in 1986. Only upgrades are double roller timing set and Comp 980 valvesprings. Lord knows Ive driven this car through INSANE kr and it hasnt blown up yet.

Basic street car with the basic stuff running through a Hooker catback.

Needs a bit more fine tuning, but I think I can get a .40, maybe even a .30 out of it. But I'll settle for getting kicked out of Cecil.:biggrin:

As for your car, I'd HIGHLY recommend a wideband for it. I picked up 5 tenths and 4mph for the $200 it cost me for the wideband. Not bad if I may say so myself!

It's so funny you say that, I will be installing my wideband and new tranny in the morning. :biggrin: Once I get all of that dialed in, I will put the BILLET WHEEL on.:biggrin: I'm sure she will really wake up then.

maybe if you have a budget for a good frontmonth intercooler like PTE
or a new generation SLIC
i think you have a couple of mph sleeping there

IMO

cp

Yeah, I know. Its either a PTE SLIC or a new posi and axles this winter. Cant afford to do both. I think with the Dutt neck and alchy, I should be okay for a while.

That's almost new Z06 fast. Nice.

Thanks.

It's so funny you say that, I will be installing my wideband and new tranny in the morning. :biggrin: Once I get all of that dialed in, I will put the BILLET WHEEL on.:biggrin: I'm sure she will really wake up then.

You have NO idea how much it will help. I was beside myself when I saw my first timeslip from Wednesday night. And it only got better!:biggrin:

Scott just rebulid your current posi with new clutches and then maybe upgrade the axles! Save some of the money for some other upgrades IMO no real need for a eaton posi in your car...

come on scotty ....wake up and post the updates to your times from Musclepalooza at etown sunday

come on scotty ....wake up and post the updates to your times from Musclepalooza at etown sunday

Here you guys. My new times as the Doc requested. First pass of the day.:biggrin: Ran on my almost bald MT DRs @ 17psi. That was on the base timing settings (23°/21°) and ~10% WOT fuel pulled out of the chip. Roughly a 8psi launch. Wasnt expecting that!!

60' 1.633
330' 4.71
1/8 7.339
MPH 93.22
1000' 9.621
1/4 11.585
MPH 114.60

Not bad after driving the car 90 miles one way and making runs.

Big thanks to Doc Miller for all the tuning tips during the course of the day.