You can type here any text you want

11 Disappearing features on today's cars

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
One of the local gas stations has a special on Thursdays were they fill the car for you. I went to put fuel on and forgot about it and I let the attendant flounder for probably 1-2 minutes to try to find the gas cap before I felt like a jerk and went and showed him.

in jersey we are not allowed to pump our own gas :confused:

I believe it. Don't be surprised if CD players are gone in a few yrs too...the aftermarket is already offering head units with NO CD player...uses ur iPhone, iPod, HD radio...
Yep, the one I bought for my boat last year had no CD player, I liked the ipod inside the flip face so much I didn't care, anything I have on a CD I had converted to the iPod. Bought the same steroe and put in my truck.

The new cars I've seen lately don't have a actual cigarette lighter or ash tray...they have a couple power plugins for charging phones.
That's fine with me...

Interesting topic..... the 85 mph deal was only US cars and that mandate went away few years back. On a similar note cable driven speedometers seem to be on the way out.

ashtray and lighters are in some cars now an option.

At our last open house I took my neighbors two boys to help us and the first thing he noticed in my turbo regal that was unusual and he had not seen before was the crank for the window. On the other side of the coin the short burst I did with them in the car from a dead stop 0-50 left them speechless compared to his Moms Subaru.

Electronics have come a long way some good some bad. Makes one wonder how many miles of wire now are in a typical well optioned car compared to a car from my youth.

Might add distributors seem to have good by bye that was the item we would turn ever so slightly to advance the timing.

Might also add sealed headlites like our Regals have.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Wish they'd bring back the foot controlled high beam switch, for the longest time I thought my father had some magical powers

To this day, my left foot is looking to hit the "highs"

I checked in a '13 Hyundai Genesis yesterday and it had a ashtray and a cigarette lighter. First time I have seen that in ages. I work in Rental car BTW. :)

Back