You can type here any text you want

11's with $2000????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FastRegalWE2

Wish I had another Buick!
Can it be done, car is stock now....what would you put on to get there............keeping it daily driveable too

Walbro 340 fuel pump w/ hotwire kit - $130
Accufab adjustable fuel pressure regulator - $100
Delphi 50 lb/hr fuel injectors - $320
hooker exhaust system/test pipe - $300
3" downpipe - $400
slicks - $300
race chip - $50
scan tool - $250
9" air filter - $40
RJC powerplate - $60
boost gauge - $50

that's $2000 exactly...some do it with less than that usually...you would have to push your stock turbo to 23 psi maximum and 112 race gas to achieve a HIGH 11...otherwise add another $675 for a TE-44/TA-49 turbo to do mid 11's safely and easily

how long do you think the 200R4 will hold up? I can add the extra $700 for the turbo, just gotta be nice to the wife for a couple extra weeks.........lol

Originally posted by ws6formula50
how long do you think the 200R4 will hold up? I can add the extra $700 for the turbo, just gotta be nice to the wife for a couple extra weeks.........lol

HA! my tranny just went out again... so, since i have owned the car, i have gone through 6 tranny's and now need another. and i have a combo much like Don said

oh damn guess I'll have to save up after these parts and get the trans done huh

oh yeah I KNEW I forgot something!:rolleyes:

yeah the stock tranny SUCKS...mine was completely toasted after 85k miles and my car was mainly stock...all the clutches got burned up...lost almost all my gears...metal shavings all over the place...torque converter was in bad shape...when Vince Janis took apart my tranny for a rebuild he said it was one of the worst trannys he'd had ever seen! and I didn't even really race my car!

If you want to beef up the tranny to run 10's with no problem...you are gonna spend $1100 plus $600 for a billet forward drum and $300 for a billet input shaft...so a STOUT tranny rebuild will cost you $2000 by itself...NOT including torque converter! add another $300 for that unless you go billet again which is $800...yeah kinda adds up doesn't it??? you can chance it on the stock tranny if you want to...but just rebuild it the right way the first time when it does break...then you never have to worry about it again...it's what I did...

outstanding, I have a guy down here who is doing our HMMWV trannies, the 4L80E's. I think I will give him a call and see what he can do for this thing. Maybe I can get a discount from him for sending him $60k worth of contracts. Free would be nice too..........yeah right :D

See my sig but I am only at 12.0/12.1's but it's getting real close!

ks:cool:

Back