You can type here any text you want

12" Baer brake clearance

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nwarky

Need some first hand input. I am about to order the 12" Baer front brakes for my GN. Despite assurances that the 16" GTA front wheels have no clearance issues I downloaded the templates from the Baer website and the template does not clear the GTA wheel. Anybody out there that has the 12" Baer brakes and actually is driving their car with the GTA wheels? The clearance issue on the template is not the diameter but the caliper would seem to hit the wheel near the center most point of the caliper. Thanks for the help.

Dean Papageorge

Need some first hand input. I am about to order the 12" Baer front brakes for my GN. Despite assurances that the 16" GTA front wheels have no clearance issues I downloaded the templates from the Baer website and the template does not clear the GTA wheel. Anybody out there that has the 12" Baer brakes and actually is driving their car with the GTA wheels? The clearance issue on the template is not the diameter but the caliper would seem to hit the wheel near the center most point of the caliper. Thanks for the help.

Dean Papageorge

I have run both "Front" and "Rear" GTA's with my 12" Baers on my 2+2.

The only clearance issue is on some GTA's (I can't remember if it was 1 piece or older 2 piece) the Caliper clip can rub on the back side of the web. As you said, it's not a diameter problem, but a face clearance problem, that can be fixed with an 1/8" shim, or 2 minutes with a die grinder.

There are no diameter issues with Baer 12"s and GTA's.

i had 12" C4 Vette brakes behind my GTA wheels on my 71 Nova, and it had a ton of room all around.
the Baer brakes are just Vette parts in a Baer box with a Baer logo on them.

12" Baer

I'm interested in the 12" baer brakes with GTA fronts as well. Anybody have the part number for the 12" Sport system?

I have no experience with 16" wheels or GN steel wheels. 84 & 85 GN wheels fit the 12" Baer brakes with no issues. 86 & 87 T type aluminum wheels will not fit without spacers.

Back