1200 gaskets & pcv?

chasmat2316

Guy's running heads ported to 1200 gaskets what are you doing for a pcv? Do you have oil in your intake?

I use a valve cover breather baffle as a shield under the PCV grommet on the underside of the intake. Moroso part #68790. Never had a problem.

Half way down:
Moroso : Category Display

If you are using a PCV, you must use a shield/baffle or you will be sucking up oil.

Some just plug off the PCV and run just breathers in the valve covers. Other install vacuum pumps.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I moved it to the right valve cover. Tried using a shield under the manifold and still had some oil sucking problems but it was greatly reduced. The valve cover location worked the best. :cool:

THE AMP SHIELD DID NOT WORK AS WELL AS I EXPECTED ,WHEN I TOOK MY INTAKE OFF I FOUND THE SHIELD COVERED IN OIL AND MY TURBO DRAINS INTO THE MOTOR OIL PAN.GO FIGURE,,,,i AM GOING TO GO WITH A PCV VALVE IN PASS VALVE COVER AND A GOOD BIG FILTERED VENT ON DRIVER SIDE TO REMOVE HARMFUL FUMES IN CRANKCASE....O YES A CATCHCAN IN SERIES,.....

I plugged the valley hole

on the passenger valvecover i'm still running with the stock vent filter with the stock metal vent pipe (the one that went to the stock turbo inlet bell) installed pipe facing back across valvecover , then with a short peice of 3/4 heaterhose on end of pipe the body of the pcv slides right in then with 3/8 hose ran to the metal line that goes t the vac block.

I put a Home Depot air compressor filter(the small one) inline between the pcv and TB. Air filter on the passenger VC. Air filter on drivers side VC with LS1 pump. Pump is unseen behind front bumper, I have the same filter plumbed inline here also.

Filters are 11 bucks each. LS1 pump was 25 bucks to my door (ebay:biggrin: ) The most expensive part of the setup was the Racetronix wiring harness, yeah I know i could have made it myself but for 60-70 bucks its is nice and I bought it.

No oil in intake. No leaks on a girdled engine. No oil out of breathers.:)

8AV8,,,Your system is about the best system to keep a motor clean and leak free

I put a Home Depot air compressor filter(the small one) inline between the pcv and TB. Air filter on the passenger VC. Air filter on drivers side VC with LS1 pump. Pump is unseen behind front bumper, I have the same filter plumbed inline here also.

Filters are 11 bucks each. LS1 pump was 25 bucks to my door (ebay:biggrin: ) The most expensive part of the setup was the Racetronix wiring harness, yeah I know i could have made it myself but for 60-70 bucks its is nice and I bought it.

No oil in intake. No leaks on a girdled engine. No oil out of breathers.:)

any pic's?