You can type here any text you want

13" corvette brake upgrade ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

larry33kc

I just scored a awesome deal on a set of 13" drilled and slotted front rotors and calipers for my car for $150
1CF50703-CD24-4718-9F3F-D0F06FB370CE-413-000003011B4542FA_zpscff930af.jpg

I want to know if someone has the measurements for the bracket FlynBye . Com sells for the 13" rotor. I would like them so I could make a set.

Thanks Larry

There are several sites that have the diagram for the brackets in PDF and other formats Larry. I don't have any links right now but if you do a search you should find them.;)

check those rotors over very closely for any cracks. crossdrilled rotors are prone to this.

regarding the brackets: just mock it up and make your own. you need to drill and tap the dust shield mounting holes on the spindle for bigger hardware and cut off the stock caliper mounting ears.. it's not hard, but a little time consuming if you want to make it pretty..

Or get some s-10 spindles and adapter brackets from kore3 that's what I did. I did a write up on it ill try to find the link. By going with the blazer spindles you get a newer spindle with the hub and I believe they don't push the wheel out anymore over stock. The ls1 upgrade pushes it out like a 1/4". I had those in the car before this setup. Plus they seem a lot lighter. Joel

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I think 98-05 2wd s10 blazer spindles. The ones everyone uses for the dual piston calipers and slightly bigger rotors. There's a bunch of info on the regular swap in the sticky section above. I love the way they look but haven't really had much use on them since I've run into another transmission issue again. But like I said , they seem to have some obvious pros and cons over the ls1 style brakes. Cons being a min 17" wheel is required. Joel

Oh and no, I don't believe you can use the stock hoses either.

I suppose the stock Vette lines would work with some adapter fittings to the hardlines on the frame. I used the braided lines that I had bought for the ls1 brakes I had on previously. I got them from flynbye. I bet Tobin at kore3 can hook you up with some. That guy knows his stuff when it comes to these types of swaps and brake systems in general. Very willing to share his info too. I called flynbye several times before I did this swap but never got a return call. They are somewhat hard to get ahold of. I'm very happy with the kore3 brackets and the tech support I got from Tobin. Give him a call.

Back