You can type here any text you want

15*8 3.5 back spacing will they work with out rubbing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bigjack7440

Found a great deal on some 15*8 3.5 back spacing WELD Wheels. Will they hit don't want to roll nothing just want to ride. By the way tires are 275/60/15

Found a great deal on some 15*8 3.5 back spacing WELD Wheels. Will they hit don't want to roll nothing just want to ride. By the way tires are 275/60/15

i have the same wheel dimensions and mine dont rub with 275/60/15. i doo have air bags to keep it stiff but you should be ok

4 inch backspace with an 8 inch wheel as a general rule is optimal. If your car sits up high like a truck, you'll be fine.

I run 15x8 with 3.5 BS & 275-50 it is close but works well.
weld drag lite.

Does this look like a truck?????????

Attachments

• gn1.jpg
    gn1.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 448
I used to have some 15"x8" wheels with 275-60-15 tires a rear spacing of 3.5" with no rubbing problem BUT I have rolled fender lips and NO frame notch. Now I've changed to some 15"x10"s with the same tires BUT a rear spacing of 4.5"...

Claude. :smile:

I have the exact same rim 15x5 with a 3.5 inch back spacing as well as 275/60/15 M/T E.T. street tires. No issues what so ever, haven't rolled any wheel well lip either. Fits good.

I still want to know ig it looks tooooo high???????

Alright, I'll bite. i think its too high. I like it to sit with no fender gaps period. At a minimum, you should have the fender covering about a half inch of tire. I like them as low as you can get them and still drive them normally. Now, before anyone has a meltdown, this doesnt mean I think his car looks bad. Ronnie, your stuff always looks top notch, i'm just afraid of heights!

tires

I had 15x8 3.5 backspacing weld 5 stars.with a 275/60 they rubbed a little on the out side when i hit a big bump.I just trimed it a little 1/4 of an inch.Looked great:D

Alright, I'll bite. i think its too high. I like it to sit with no fender gaps period. At a minimum, you should have the fender covering about a half inch of tire. I like them as low as you can get them and still drive them normally. Now, before anyone has a meltdown, this doesnt mean I think his car looks bad. Ronnie, your stuff always looks top notch, i'm just afraid of heights!

I was prodding ya D I know you like'em slammed........:biggrin:

That's what I said 15~5 ??? I think he ment 15~8

Sorry guys, I did mean 15x8 with 3.5 b.s. but my kid was distracting me as I typed away. Here is a pic, no clearance issues what so ever.

Attachments

• REARGN.jpg
    REARGN.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 229
Back