You can type here any text you want

15x10's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Returned it just clearing out some e-mails & trying to find out where this puppy came from.:confused:

How Big Of A Tire Will Fit On That Wheel And Not Rub Anywhere With Out A Frame Notch

A 15x10 wheel with a 4.5 bs will look like crap... it WILL stick out and look like a skateboard in the rear.

A 15x10 wheel should have atleast 5.5 bs or more to fit right. but you WILL have to cut the frame.

28x10.50 slick would be a perfect size..

anything less than 5 inches is going to stick out. some may not mind, but im not into that look. 15 years ago i would have loved it.

I'm not disagreeing with any of you, 4" backspace does stick out a little bit, but the question was whether or not it was POSSIBLE, and yes, it is. With everyone so concerned about the resale value of these cars I'd think more people would rather have an extra half inch of tire sticking out from their wheel well than chopping up their frame just for another .5" or 1" of backspacing on their wheel. Unless you're going with custom-made wheels sometimes you are stuck with choosing from less-than-ideal spacing options.

As Brian mentioned something like 4.5" would still fit with most tires and without doing any cutting.

Could also stick with a 8.5" or 9" wide wheel and avoid having to play tug-of-war with backspacing and frame notching.

Depending what tire you use.
Like to see pics with 4" RS.
275 60/ 15 M/T dr's on a 10" with 4.5" works great you can go bigger.:eek: ;)
http://www.gbodyparts.com/15x10gn_drv.jpg
http://www.gbodyparts.com/15x10gn_pass.jpg
http://www.gbodyparts.com/15x10gn_pass2.jpg

Tire sticks out... you can see it clearly from the first pic.. I have had many size wheels and tires ..

and a 10 inch wheel needs more than a 4.5bs to look right...

and it looks the there is about 30psi in both rear bags and looks like a Starsky and Hutch Grand Torino...

This is a 10X15 w/ 4'' bs on phoenix 28.5X10.5 with no frame notch nor do I have air in the bags.

start.jpg

OK, let me get this straight. Hope I am helping and not confusing the issue.

My '87 current setup:
- Moog Cargo Springs in Rear - new
- Bilstein Shocks - new
- Stock upper & Lower Control Arm Bushings - new
- No Notch
- No Bags

If I bought gbodyparts 15x10 widened stock wheels w/ 4.5 B.S., and fitted them with BFG g-Force T/A Drag Radial 2 Tires (325/50R15), I would be fine? No Bags or notch needed?

My calculations say that the Section Width of the Tire would sit 1.55" closer to the frame than stock wheels with the stock 215/65R15 it has on it now. And 2.55" closer to the fender (might stick out?).

I am not arguing anything here. As I want to fit my car with the absolute FATTEST wheels & tires I can, but am scarred to death to dive in here with the investment - don't want any problems. I would just love to see it first.

I am I asking for trouble here?

Back