You can type here any text you want

15x10's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The rims I have AlumaStar 2.0's they do not come in half sizes. So I have two sets.
#1 Is a 4'' bs 10x15 Slicks
#2 Is a 5'' bs 10x15 w/ 1/2 spacer which makes it a 4.5'' bs I'm running 275/60/15's M/T DR's

I honestly think you will have to notch the frame to fit a 325/50R15

This car has them see how wide they are.

Black201.jpg

The rims I have AlumaStar 2.0's they do not come in half sizes. So I have two sets.
#1 Is a 4'' bs 10x15 Slicks
#2 Is a 5'' bs 10x15 w/ 1/2 spacer which makes it a 4.5'' bs I'm running 275/60/15's M/T DR's

I honestly think you will have to notch the frame to fit a 325/50R15

This car has them see how wide they are.

Black201.jpg

That is Chris Conley's car.. and they stick out pass the fenders.. seen the car in person.

This is a 10X15 w/ 4'' bs on phoenix 28.5X10.5 with no frame notch nor do I have air in the bags.

start.jpg

It still looks like it sticks out.. I like them tucked all the way under the fender.. if you launch hard .. it will cut that slick.

OK, let me get this straight. Hope I am helping and not confusing the issue.

My '87 current setup:
- Moog Cargo Springs in Rear - new
- Bilstein Shocks - new
- Stock upper & Lower Control Arm Bushings - new
- No Notch
- No Bags

If I bought gbodyparts 15x10 widened stock wheels w/ 4.5 B.S., and fitted them with BFG g-Force T/A Drag Radial 2 Tires (325/50R15), I would be fine? No Bags or notch needed?

My calculations say that the Section Width of the Tire would sit 1.55" closer to the frame than stock wheels with the stock 215/65R15 it has on it now. And 2.55" closer to the fender (might stick out?).

I am not arguing anything here. As I want to fit my car with the absolute FATTEST wheels & tires I can, but am scarred to death to dive in here with the investment - don't want any problems. I would just love to see it first.

I am I asking for trouble here?

325 is way too big.. you are NOT going to use that size tire without cutting the frame.. plain and simple.. Conley's car has a cut frame and running a 5'bs with those Convo pro's.

I have 15x9 Holeshot Pentastar wheel with 4 7/8bs with a 28x10.50 slick and its right on the money. no frame notch no rolled fender, no spacer. with aluminum drums.

A 10 inch wheel needs alot more than 4.5 inches under the car to look right.. at least 6"bs will be perfect, but you will have to nibble on that frame!

325 is way too big.. you are NOT going to use that size tire without cutting the frame.. plain and simple.. Conley's car has a cut frame and running a 5'bs with those Convo pro's.!

agreed ... been there and done it ... here is the difference just in 275/60s to the 325/50s .. I hate tires that hang out :p

Attachments

• MTtires2.JPG
    MTtires2.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 624
  • 325s.JPG
    325s.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 623
Why would you put a tiny tire like a 275/60 on a 10 inch wide wheel ?

Its only has 8 inches of tread.. it pulls the tire to wide.

It actually has a 9.5" tread pattern at 30lbs. Lower it & the tire has more surface area. The reason you would want a 10" rim is to get full use of the tread. Yes they do recomend a 9.5" rim. But instead of arguing I'll just post facts.
Brand: Mickey Thompson
Product Line: Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial Tires
Part Type: Tires
Tire Size: 275/60-15
Rim Diameter (in): 15 in.
Sidewall Style: Blackwall
Tire Construction: Radial
Directional: Yes
Tire Diameter (in): 28.00 in.
Minimum Recommended Rim Width (in): 7.50 in.
Maximum Recommended Rim Width (in): 9.50 in.
Tread Width (in): 9.20 in.
Section Width (in): 11.10 in.
Asymmetrical Tread Pattern: No
Tube Required: No
Tire Compound: R2
DOT-Approved: Yes
Quantity: Sold individually.

I have 15x9 Holeshot Pentastar wheel with 4 7/8bs with a 28x10.50 slick and its right on the money. no frame notch no rolled fender, no spacer. with aluminum drums.

[/QUOTE]

Do you any pics of your car? Thanks

Do you any pics of your car? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Frame is at the powercoater right now... but I will take some pics of the wheel and tire and post that..

It actually has a 9.5" tread pattern at 30lbs. Lower it & the tire has more surface area. The reason you would want a 10" rim is to get full use of the tread. Yes they do recomend a 9.5" rim. But instead of arguing I'll just post facts.
Brand: Mickey Thompson
Product Line: Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial Tires
Part Type: Tires
Tire Size: 275/60-15
Rim Diameter (in): 15 in.
Sidewall Style: Blackwall
Tire Construction: Radial
Directional: Yes
Tire Diameter (in): 28.00 in.
Minimum Recommended Rim Width (in): 7.50 in.
Maximum Recommended Rim Width (in): 9.50 in.
Tread Width (in): 9.20 in.
Asymmetrical Tread Pattern: No
Tube Required: No
Tire Compound: R2
DOT-Approved: Yes
Quantity: Sold individually.

I also have M&H's 275/60's but they are 10inches wide.

This is right from Jegs. Mickey Thompson.. drag radials.. 275/60/15

11.1 section width
28.0 tall
8.9 tread..

I understand of going to a wider wheel to widen the footprint.. but with a tread of only 9 inches.. going to a 10 inch wheel is not going to help it.. tire is too small for a 10 inch wheel.

we ran the 275/60/15s on 8" rims with no problem on a stock car .. here is her car with them .. 325's your gonna need a frame notch OR some wide GNX flairs :eek: :p

Attachments

• Meliissa launch 1.jpg
    Meliissa launch 1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 556
I also have M&H's 275/60's but they are 10inches wide.

This is right from Jegs. Mickey Thompson.. drag radials.. 275/60/15

11.1 section width
28.0 tall
8.9 tread..

I understand of going to a wider wheel to widen the footprint.. but with a tread of only 9 inches.. going to a 10 inch wheel is not going to help it.. tire is too small for a 10 inch wheel.

At this point your not reading or you do & make up your own #'s & I give up.
States right on their site tread width 9.20. You insist on 8.9.

I'll bow out at this point.

At this point your not reading or you do & make up your own #'s & I give up.
States right on their site tread width 9.20. You insist on 8.9.

I'll bow out at this point.

Im just telling you what Mickey T told me.. I think they know about tires morethan you do..

8.9 tread width.. well whatever.. not going to argue over tire width..:smile:

I have had holeshots and Bogarts. They measure true back spacing from the back of the mounting surface. Weld and some of the others are from the center or front of the wheel mounting. Weld is about 1.25" thick Holeshot is 1/2" 5.5 BS weld is about 4.5 in a holeshot or bogart. :confused:

Here's pics of my GN with 10 inch wide wheels. I've got a one off Frankenstein combo under this car so I wont confuse anybody by posting the specs. This is just to prove that with the right rubber and back spacing that a 10 incher will fit under the sheet metal.

Attachments

• Big Tire GN.jpg
    Big Tire GN.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 403
anything less than 5 inches is going to stick out. some may not mind, but im not into that look. 15 years ago i would have loved it.

Tire sticks out... you can see it clearly from the first pic.. I have had many size wheels and tires ..

and a 10 inch wheel needs more than a 4.5bs to look right...

and it looks the there is about 30psi in both rear bags and looks like a Starsky and Hutch Grand Torino...

Anyone notice the difference ?

ok, I am GETTING 10" wide rims.....I HAVE m/t 325's......I also have gnx flares with the lips cut out.....how much back spacing and how much frame notch do I need ??? I have these tires on 8 in. rims now with 3.5 b/s. They fit under the car and have about 1/2 inch clearance inside now.

Back